Aomori-Ken 0 2018/6/19 10:27
hanzo-tou
Certificates 0 2018/5/8 4:34
schistkicker

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 ... 10 »

Is Bujinkan still authentic?
Deleted_
Forgive me if this has been posted elsewhere, but I just stumbled upon this thread at e-budo and it's bringing up a lot of questions. Does anyone have any opinions on this?

http://www.e-budo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35175

-Justin Lawrence

Posted on: 2006/9/7 13:46
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Unsubscribed
Re: Is Bujinkan still authentic?
Deleted_Unsubscribed
i have seen things like this b4
people like to be bujinkan haters
why : who knows

as for the claims that takamatsu and hatsumi invented the art??? .........my opinion : thats a load of shit(pardon my french)this seems to be the rantings of someone with an agenda ...and a bitterness for bjk's current boom

as for the claims that our soft training is a waste of time ?
how do you rip flesh , break bones and what not ... and expect to continue training a couple times a week ??
if we did these things full bore to our uke .....we would go to prison after class .....i always thought that was a lame angle for non bujinkan martial artists to attack .

i could go on and on for days typing my thoughts on this post and the people on that message board who commented on it ....

but i will be content to just say that i wish that people would be more respectful .
i was a little disapointed when i first started scanning thru posts and message boards relating to bujinkan ...
a lot of shit talk ( sorry more french )
a lot of disrespect .

if you dont believe in the training then leave ...
if you leave and cant say anything nice .then dont say anything at all

Posted on: 2006/9/7 20:18

Just Passing Through
From Ota-shi, Gunma
Group:
村民 :: Villager
pffffff...
Rob Hartung

Posted on: 2006/9/7 20:21

Cant Stay Offline
From Pennsylvania, USA
Group:
議長 :: Mod
師導士会 :: Shidoshikai
I just had a conversation with Charles Daniel a few minutes ago. Chuck has his "time line" all wrong. He has misrepresented his "experience". So he is simply put, a liar. Now do you want to trust or credit the word of a liar??? I also am completely fed up with these so called experts who have no creditability of their own attacking our art. What I would tell Chuck is "get a life"!!! We have more then enough proof that what we do works, what proof does he have? Only his word, the word of a liar! If Charles so chooses he can post the actual time line for Chuck and his "experience", but that is up to him.

Posted on: 2006/9/7 23:13

Villager
From Alma, Michigan
Group:
Really, he (Chuck) has gone his own way. Why bash the Bujinkan on the internet? It just shows that he lacks certain values that I hold dear. His post to me is meaningless and bitter for whatever his own personal reasons.

Brian R. VanCise
www.instinctiveresponsetraining.com

Posted on: 2006/9/7 23:21

Active Kutakian
Group:
Yeah, I have an opinion on this: Who cares.

Everyone needs only to figure out what they hope to get out of their training. Then they need to determine whether or not they are on a path to get whatever they decided they wanted from their training. If the answer is no find different training. If the answer is yes continue.

The rest is all just smoke and mirrors.

Worrying about what other people think about what I do is a no-win proposition. If I look hard enough I will always find people who are pro and people who are con. This is true no matter what I do.

Posted on: 2006/9/7 23:24

[Insert witticism of choice here]

Deleted_
Hello -

Text from the e-budo document:

"In 1984, while in Atlanta I became a student first of Bud Malmstrom (that didn’t last very long)"

That says quite a bit to me. There is no substitute for personal relationships. At some date I hope to meet and train with Charles Daniel.

I focus on what is in front of me first, I find that I do not need to go looking for things to worry about. They have a way of finding me...

I do best my best to spend my time with the people I have relationships with. And that is a dynamic thing with it's own destinations...

PS - As it is I have not had enough time recently to spend with those I wish to train with. Use your time wisely, we only get so much of it...

Posted on: 2006/9/7 23:42

Permanent Village Fixture
From No. Cal., USA
Group:
Is the best way to deal with a hornet’s nest really to smash it with a short stick? The results should be embarrassing but it’s too late to take that cross-post back.

Don Roley’s response does a good job of dealing with the original mess. It makes good sense to me anyway.

The Bujinkan in the USA seems a little like Lord of the Flies to me. Perhaps we need to spend more tax money on after school ping-pong.

Posted on: 2006/9/8 3:45

Deleted_
Quote:

3footcrow wrote:
as for the claims that our soft training is a waste of time ?
how do you rip flesh , break bones and what not ... and expect to continue training a couple times a week ??
if we did these things full bore to our uke .....we would go to prison after class .....i always thought that was a lame angle for non bujinkan martial artists to attack .

Similiar to this is a lame angle to take to defend why training is "soft" compared to the way it used to be.

Many shades of grey between black and white....

May your choices be good ones...

Posted on: 2006/9/8 4:15

Active Kutakian
Group:
Out of curiousity, when people speak of the way it "used to be", when exactly are they referring to? 1986? 1992? 1988? 1675? 1953?

I'm not trying to be flippant. I am interested in when this idealized training period existed.

Posted on: 2006/9/8 5:21

[Insert witticism of choice here]

(1) 2 3 4 ... 10 »

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor