Register now!
Socialize

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

VHS and DVD formats
Honorary Villager
Group:
村民 :: Villager
Diamondjoe is correct. The NTSC format really only applies to VHS tapes, not DVD. Japan and the US both use NTSC format for VHS, whereas Europe and pretty much every place else uses PAL.

I'm curious as to why they wouldn't release the Takamatsu DVD as region-free. Their other releases for Hatsumi-sensei are region-free, so I don't see why this one would be any different.

Posted on: 2003/7/25 3:26
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Never Twice the Same Color
Villager
Group:
村民 :: Villager
議長 :: Mod
Quote:

kagejs wrote:
Diamondjoe is correct. The NTSC format really only applies to VHS tapes, not DVD. Japan and the US both use NTSC format for VHS, whereas Europe and pretty much every place else uses PAL.

I'm curious as to why they wouldn't release the Takamatsu DVD as region-free. Their other releases for Hatsumi-sensei are region-free, so I don't see why this one would be any different.

The NTSC and PAL/SECAM etc. aren't dependant on the medium be it VHS/DVD but on the type of display.

Of course if your DVD player is fairly new (and ideally region free), chances are it'll convert an NTSC encoded DVD on the fly and output to PAL and vice versa.
If the medium is video tape then you have a lot more trouble of course...

ML

Posted on: 2003/7/25 12:10
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor