Latest Episode / New Feed
村長 :: Sonchou
From Chiba, Japan
Group:
村長 :: Admin
村民 :: Villager
Episode 28 released tonight.
Some news:

Syd Sked (benkyoka) has started a new segment for Bujinkan book/video/dvd reviews.

The subscription feed has changed.
The episode files are no longer hosted on the Kutaki server, they are now hosted on the www.shiroitora.org server - thanks to Eric Miller for providing us with server space!!

The new xml file for subscription is http://www.shiroitora.org/kutaki/feedburner.xml . Episode 28 will be hosted on both servers/addresses, but as of Episode 29, only the shiroitora.org/kutaki/feedburner.xml file will give you the latest episodes. To re-subscribe in iTunes, go Advaced/Subscribe to Podcast, and then type in the above URL (to the shiroitora xml file).

Post here if you have any problems.

Shawn

Posted on: 2006/11/1 2:45
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Latest Episode / New Feed
Active Kutakian
From Heckmondwike, West Yorkshire, England
Group:
Nope, nothing comes up Shawn just the home page on the first address and a lot of computer-speak on the second address.

Posted on: 2006/11/1 9:58

Marche ou Creve!...

Don`t raise your voice, raise your argument!

www.bujinkan-huddersfield.co uk

From Chiba, Japan
Group:
Stormy,

You have to copy that second address and paste it into iTunes or whatever you normally use to listen to the podcast with.

(If you normally listen via the webpage ( http://www.kutaki.org/podblog/ ), you'll have to wait a bit because I haven't updated it yet...

Shawn

Posted on: 2006/11/1 10:33

From Chiba, Japan
Group:
The podcast page at http://www.kutaki.org/podblog/ has now been upated. You can also subscribe to the feed at http://feeds.feedburner.com/kutakinoha , which helps me keep track of how many subscribers there are, etc. - so I'd prefer you use this method if possible.

Has anyone tried subscribing to the new feed? Any problems?

Hope people are still enjoying it.

Shawn

Posted on: 2006/11/4 4:48

Occasional Visitor
From London, Ontario, Canada
Group:
When will new ipodsode be released?

Is there a link to old ipodsodes. 1 thru 10?

Posted on: 2007/1/14 6:02

From Chiba, Japan
Group:
New episodes... I might have time to crank one out today... To be honest, my enthusiasm is waning. The feedburner stats tell me that there are only 38 subscribers. I have a feeling there are probably a lot more people who listen (for example those who listen via the podblog website), but I don't really have a reliable way of getting stats for users who don't subscribe via the feed at http://feeds.feedburner.com/kutakinoha . I only get mail or PM feedback from listeners about once every 2 episodes - not very much. Noone sends in audio comments except one person who has sent in two. People sent in music a few times during the first few episodes, but that soon dropped off. I understand that this type of information coming out of Japan is appreciated by some people, but I'm not really feeling that its a very rewarding exercise in proportion to the amount of energy that it requires.

I found a problem with the feed that was keeping the first 10 episodes from appearing, which I've now fixed. You may have to unsubscribe/delete the feed in iTunes and resubscribe to this feed address: http://feeds.feedburner.com/kutakinoha in order to get all the episodes.

Shawn

Posted on: 2007/1/14 14:12

From Budapest - Hungary
Group:
議長 :: Mod
Hi Shawn,

I am sorry to hear that you are so disappointed over the lack of feedback, but I can completely understand you. It's a great amount of energy and time for you to keep the episodes running and the download stats do not show that it worths.

I am pretty sure that partly it is because of that problem with the feed, and as since I don't really like iTunes (too difficult for me to find things in there and change settings) I started to download the mp3's directly from the podblog site. And I am sure many out there did just the same.

However I (for myself) can not wait to listen to the new episode and was grumbling here time to time when on earth it is being released. But we know that you are always very busy, so that's why (at least I) did not bug you.

Also, I think some more publicity would not hurt. I dunno if it was possible to write a few words about it in Bujin-Kan. At the moment I am compiling an article about the internet as a resource for Boojies, and plan to have it published in Bujin-Kan (if Markk will find it good enough to publish it).

I can also make one or two banners if you want that you can exchange with others so that the podblog page can get more hits and more people learn about it.
Because I think the main problem here is that most people don't have a clue about the existence of such as Kutaki no Ha.

When I mention it for the guys here in Hungary they just stare at me with an empty look, because they never heard about it.
Most of them don't even know what iTunes is, most of them are not familiar with what chat, messenger, Skype, podcast is. Sometimes I even have to describe what a forum is. It's mostly because Internet became accessible for home usage only a few years ago and people don't have experience with it yet. You know that it takes some time until one explores all the possibilities. But it applies to this part of the world and I think at other places the reason is rather the lack of information.

Probably it would not hurt to widen the range of topics in the episodes themselves, either.
For example I really miss the "Better Japanese" segment I know you want to provide the best but it's hard to get a hold of a native speaker (btw... you mentioned something about hunting down Godhand Duke at night at a corner - whazzup with him?), but believe me we would be just as happy to learn a few expressions from you that we can use upon our visit to Japan, as from any other native speaker.

Anyway, if you think we could make a little brainstorming with the guys here on the Forums, let us know.
Also, as I wrote before, if I can do anything to keep the podcast runnig and to improve it, let me know, I am available.

Chin up Podlord, your efforts are most highly appreciated, really!
My virtual life would be much poorer without Kutaki and its bits.

Eva

Posted on: 2007/1/14 20:29

Active Kutakian
Group:
Quote:
I started to download the mp3's directly from the podblog site. And I am sure many out there did just the same.

So do I - I don´t like to install every bit of software on my computer, which is not really necessary.

Stats are not everything and as we talk about bujinkan: they should not be trusted. After all we train to remain unnoticed .

However you have much more listeners than 38, for sure.

If you lack feedback maybe everybody is happy with what you are doing? Take the missing critics as a good sign.

When it comes to audio comments, well, I think not everybody out there is a 10th Dan. Probably the majority of your listeners are from the "kyu-base" (probably also not so many english native speakers - they might be shy).

Posted on: 2007/1/15 4:14

"Thou art a child of nature.
Thou shalt know that it art a crime to murder thy mother.
Yet, I hear her skriek in horror ... "

Kutaki Postmaster
Group:
heh heh I'm shy! and I am a native english speaker! lol!
Shawn, I love the podcast and am waiting with bated breath for the next episode! I really like the "training" segment, since most of my training is alone it gives me great pointers and excercises and things to think about when I am doing my workouts! keep up the good work!! I have recently downloaded a aggregator for the sole purpose of listening to your podcast, so please keep it up!

Posted on: 2007/1/15 8:13

Alan McPherson

Honorary Villager
Group:
Shawn Ilove the podcast and all that they have contained.As I love budo and the culture,I enjoy the news section along with anything on japan itself.I would like to make a special thank you to the training section.The way it is explained is easy to understand.The best use of words to explain a physical principal and motion I have heard.Please do not give up just yet.I am positive there are many many more listeners than is shown. / Jason Hopkins

Posted on: 2007/1/15 8:47

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor