hanzo-tou
Certificates 0 2018/5/8 4:34
schistkicker

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Your thoughts on this place?
Occasional Visitor
Group:
村民 :: Villager
Hey everybody my name is Tyler Perdue and I live in Roanoke VA, and there is a Bujinkan Dojo pretty close to where I live (http://www.rkebudo.com/dojo/home.htm) That is there website. I plan on starting to attend this place and Jeff Duncan (Shidoshi) seems legitimate and everything but what kinda price range should i be looking at for the 2/3 times a week training? Is there any reason I should not attend this Dojo if im looking for training in Ninjutsu and everything else there?

Thanks

Tyler

P.S. I also have experience of the arts Iaido, Kenjitsu and Capoeira if anybody has questions of those arts I ca try and help!

Posted on: 2006/11/13 12:47
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Your thoughts on this place?
Honorary Villager
From Weyers Cave, VA, USA
Group:
Hi Tyler

I'm unranked and train with the JMU shibu in Harrisonburg Va - I have heard nothing good things about the Roanoke group but have not got down there myself. But why should you listen to me? -

Sounds like you have a solid enough background in the martial arts, enough to make your own judgements.

If you ever get down to the Valley look the JMU group up or drop me an email - I'm usualy in the Waynesboro area (which is a little closer to you). I also do some informal training with a old kendo friend/green belt bujin in the Fishersville area.

best of luck

John Haverkamp

Posted on: 2006/11/14 1:27

Occasional Visitor
Group:
Did that mean you have heard nothing good or nothing BUT good about the Roanoke Bujinkan? I am experienced in all of those arts through the Roanoke College clubs and such with my instructors being Hany Hosny (for capoeira) and Nathan (cant remember his last name) for the rest. There both great teachers and make everything fun. Im just trying to look for other things to and am considiring the Roanoke Dojo as a major option. Also I am only 16 so im sorry im not to sure if I will be up there anytime soon sorry.

Tyler

Posted on: 2006/11/14 6:17

Honorary Villager
From Weyers Cave, VA, USA
Group:
Hello again

sorry that's nothing but good things ---

I'd say go for it, count yourself lucky to start so young.

I did kendo when I was your age - wish I had had the chance to experience the Bujinkan then - instead of in my mid 30's. Older body = more training pain. Seriously though - at 16 you have the oportunity to build a solid foundation in this art before your even come into your prime physicaly. If you can stick with it this should be a recipe for lifelone martial sucess.

John Haverkamp

Posted on: 2006/11/14 11:56

Occasional Visitor
Group:
Thank you for your help!!! I will definatly try to get into this place as soon as I can!

Posted on: 2006/11/14 12:56

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor