Wedding gift... can someone help me to translate it? 6 2018/6/30 20:50
Barga18
Aomori-Ken 0 2018/6/19 10:27
hanzo-tou
Certificates 0 2018/5/8 4:34
schistkicker

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Cheness Bujinkan Oniyuri Katana, review and some questions.
Occasional Visitor
Group:
村民 :: Villager
Youre very welcome and Im glad that you liked it. I was lucky to find someone like Paul at Cheness who would take a risk on a niche market...the universe provides when we are open to it :)
The Japanese sword has been a focus of mine for many years. I am both a collector of antique nihonto and a long time practicioner. My current sword affiliation is with Ishi Yama Ryu but I have ties to various ryu. If anyone ever has any questions about nihonto please feel free to ask me and I will endeavor to answer as best I can.
This is not a critique but an observation but I have noticed in many ninpo dojo that, as the sword is only one of many weapons, that the knowledge base is not as high as in sword focused dojo. I was allowed great latitude at Bujinkan LA to work with students on fundamentals such as tenouchi and hasuji and safe noto and nuketsuki. Often times I seen the sword in ninpo dojos being handled sans the respect and care it is given in a sword dojo. The problem is that this can lead to bad habits and safeness issues. I believe in training and having fun but the habits you develop with a bokken or mogitoh when translated to a shinken can make all teh difference for you and your training partners.
This seems like a great place to be :)
Don

Posted on: 2007/10/31 10:37
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor