Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Merry Christmas - Kutaki Blogs!
村長 :: Sonchou
From Chiba, Japan
Group:
村長 :: Admin
村民 :: Villager
Merry Christmas All!

This is to announce the implementation of something that I've been working on on-and-off for literally a year now - Kutaki blogs. This is a system where each Kutaki Villager can have their own individual blog which resides within the Kutaki website. The version of the CMS system that Kutaki uses does not yet have a native blog system that allows for an individual blog for each user, so it has taken a long time of questioning developers, hacking and testing code myself, as well as the testing of other moderators to finally get this ready for [beta] release to the Kutaki community, but I think its finally at the stage where its quite usable - although there will still probably be some bugs. And since its Christmas, well - Merry Christmas, and here's a blog to go with your eggnog.

If you're a registered Kutaki user, you should see a 'Blog' link in the "Main Menu" on the left side of the screen. If you click on this, a sub-menu will open up with 3 options: Write Blog, Preferences, and New Blog. Use the New Blog link first to create a new blog. You will be able to set your own permissions as to what level of user can access your blog. After you get that set up, you can use the Write Blog link to make entries to your blog. The Preferences link can be used to set your blog preferences.

This blog module was originally developed by a non-native English speaker (and as such had a lot of functions and comments which were hard to understand) and contained a ton of bugs and under-developed functions and features. I've done my best to hack it into usable shape, but there are bound to be bugs and questionable areas, so please feel free to post questions and bugs so that we can polish it up [hopefully] to the satisfaction of the majority of users.

Have fun with this new feature of the site!

Best wishes to all for the holiday season,

Shawn Gray
Kutaki Admin

Posted on: 2006/12/25 0:21

Gurei Dojo | Blog
Facebook
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor