Re: kukishinden ryu
Cant Stay Offline
From Hamina, Finland
Group:
村民 :: Villager
議長 :: Mod
師導士会 :: Shidoshikai

Gentlemen!!

Please consider the words you choose!!! "Rubbish" might not go down well in all situations as a good choise....

Posted on: 2007/1/16 16:01
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Cant Stay Offline
From Hamina, Finland
Group:
Considering Sakki and the schools... AFAIK there's attacks from behind with a sword (at least) in Gyokko- (as mentioned), Shindenfudô- and Takagiyôshin-ryû.

But, again, don't know that much, yet.

Posted on: 2007/1/16 16:05
(Bujinkan Budōka since 1985)

Kutaki Postmaster
Group:
Fine, I'm finished wasting my time here.

Delete this account please.

Quote:

Yamazu wrote:

Gentlemen!!

Please consider the words you choose!!! "Rubbish" might not go down well in all situations as a good choise....

Posted on: 2007/1/16 16:32

Cant Stay Offline
From Hamina, Finland
Group:
though I don't see why my call for language control should have been the last thing... All the best, though, in life and Budô. We all make our own choises.

Posted on: 2007/1/16 19:23

Unsubscribed
Deleted_Unsubscribed
Quote:

... wrote:
Quote:

LionsRoar wrote:
One last point: the "godan" test comes from Kukishinden ryu and in the olds day, you had to pass the test with whatever weapon you received your menkyo kaiden with. So, if you wanted a menkyo kaiden in spear, you had to pass the test with that weapon. Needless to say, I believe this has been dropped. Too bad.

Rubbish. Who told you this? I’ll check it out if you want.

Dr. Hatsumi, December 15, 1986. It helps to keep your old notes.

Posted on: 2007/1/16 21:27

Active Kutakian
Group:
Quote:
Rubbish. [...] I’ll check it out if you want.

Well, I see that you offer help, but wouldn´t it be wise to first check it out and then call it "rubbish"?

At least I would do so ...

Posted on: 2007/1/16 21:52

"Thou art a child of nature.
Thou shalt know that it art a crime to murder thy mother.
Yet, I hear her skriek in horror ... "

Permanent Village Fixture
Group:
One of the reason’s some Densho are not specific in their description of waza is that so you teacher can fill in the gaps by way of direct teaching and kuden.

Kukishinden Ryu Daken Taijutsu has many principles such as Kamae, sabaki, kuzushi, shirabe, moguri , nissei soden, hissho hen etc.

Posted on: 2007/1/16 22:21
七転び八起き

Cant Stay Offline
From Pennsylvania, USA
Group:
LOL, Gentlemen, I've known Charles for about 20 years now, isn't that about right Charles? We've had the opportunity to both spend time at the other's home numerous times and to travel together. I say that in support of what I now say. In that time Charles has NEVER made a statement that he can't immediately back up with proof. That is why I respect so very highly what he has to say. Now for someone to make the comment that was made here only shows a lack of knowlege or even good sense!!! Check your sources gents BEFORE making your pronouncements! Thank you Charles for your excellent information.

Posted on: 2007/1/16 23:20

Permanent Village Fixture
From Austin,TX
Group:
My thanks to those who answered my inquiry. I appreciate it greatly.

I've always liked the story of how Kukishin Ryu was founded.

Posted on: 2007/1/17 4:16

Please be careful not to have preconceptions, and to always remember the idea of truth-and-falsehood.
-- Hatsum

Unsubscribed
Deleted_Unsubscribed
Quote:

Papa-san wrote:
LOL, Gentlemen, I've known Charles for about 20 years now, isn't that about right Charles? We've had the opportunity to both spend time at the other's home numerous times and to travel together. I say that in support of what I now say. In that time Charles has NEVER made a statement that he can't immediately back up with proof. That is why I respect so very highly what he has to say. Now for someone to make the comment that was made here only shows a lack of knowlege or even good sense!!! Check your sources gents BEFORE making your pronouncements! Thank you Charles for your excellent information.

My long association with Papa-san is living proof of his mastery of patience…which is one way to read ninjutsu…as in the “way of patience.”
Really though, nothing I posted is all that earth shaking or new. Kukisabaki has been taught in several places and I know Kukishinden ryu forms been taught several times at Papa-sans over the years by several different instructors (me included).
I think checking before shooting is good advice…regardless which weapon…firearm or mouth…is used. I don’t have any specific axe to grind concerning this system. My main interest in ninjutsu in the 1980 was centered on the methods of muto dori (an expression with several meanings…in Japanese anyway) and as a result, that was the topic of several conversations with Dr. Hatsumi. In such a situation it was only natural we talked about the godan test in some length and what to do after you passed. Back then I found Dr. Hatsumi to be very open with information. He used to keep a scroll collection in a red beer cooler in his sitting room in the room behind the “clinic” and would let you have a look if you asked. Many of the densho were openly kept at the old Kashiwa dojo.
If people happened to have shown up after those days….hey everyone has his time.

Posted on: 2007/1/17 7:08

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 »

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor