Register now!
Socialize

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: U.S. Military middle east
Just Passing Through
Group:
村民 :: Villager
I know Melissa Hale had a training group when she was deployed in Kuwait. But she is back from overseas now. I would also try to contact her and see if she knows anyone else that might have training groups there

chaplainhale@aol.com

Posted on: 2010/4/15 14:56
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Cant Stay Offline
From Pennsylvania, USA
Group:
議長 :: Mod
師導士会 :: Shidoshikai
She's now back in North Carolina, send her an email. She has been training with me for a number of years now.

Posted on: 2010/4/15 22:40

Just Passing Through
From Iraq
Group:
Would anyone happen to be in Iraq right now? I got back from Afghanistan just over a year ago and I've been in Ramadi for the past 6 months now with the 3rd Infantry Division. These deployments have been doing a pretty good job of preventing me from having any long term long term stay at any one dojo. I'm Shodan and thought about starting a training group but I'm not authorized to teach. Since Taijutsu is a perishable skill and I've probably developed some bad habits, have no guidance from anyone and don't want to tick anyone off, I haven't started one, but I'd like someone to train with since I can't seem to stay away from this part of the world for very long. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Posted on: 2011/1/12 22:05

Cant Stay Offline
From Pennsylvania, USA
Group:
In the early years of this art's exposure to the world there were so few teachers that we did what we needed to. We got together in groups and just trained with what we knew. If you can find a partner to train with I say go ahead and train. Whenever you get to where there is someone of more skill go see them, learn what you can and go back to training. As a sho-dan you already have skills that aren't in the general population and so do have things of value to show. This will also help your learning.

Posted on: 2011/1/13 2:09

Cant Stay Offline
From Pennsylvania, USA
Group:
Jon, I inadvertently deleted your pm, you can contact her at ChaplinHale@aol.com ---- I believe in Smithfield.

Posted on: 2011/1/13 2:24

Village Old Timer
From San Francisco, California, USA
Group:
Quote:

Papa-san wrote:
Jon, I inadvertently deleted your pm, you can contact her at ChaplinHale@aol.com ---- I believe in Smithfield.

Or you can find her on Facebook (I know who Ed has to be talking about).

Posted on: 2011/1/13 10:04

Just Passing Through
From Iraq
Group:
Quote:

Papa-san wrote:
We got together in groups and just trained with what we knew.

That's how I trained for quite a while shortly after I got stationed at Fort Bragg, NC. We didn't really care too much about anything except the training. Good times. I met Melissa a couple times when I was stationed in NC. I doubt she even remembers me but I'll give it a try. Thanks again and I definitely appreciate the help.

Posted on: 2011/1/13 20:53

Just Passing Through
From Iraq
Group:
End of the tour coming up fast!!! Thanks to all who took the time to give a little bit of help. I was able to train a little bit with a couple of guys that were interested when our work schedules didn't conflict. There was about a month and a half that we were training a few times a week. But now everyone's getting ready to go home. I hope to start a group when I get back to Fort Stewart and just hit whatever seminars I can find within driving distance. I plan on going to Japan to visit friends in the Kansai area for a couple of weeks. I know there are a few dojo in Osaka and around Kobe and I would like to get some training in while I'm there but I no longer have a valid Bujinkan Membership. Any advice on this?
Melissa sama was very helpful and encouraging and always willing to give advice, but I tried my best not to bother her too much.
Shihan Bud Malstrom is about 4 hours away in Atlanta and Shihan Karl Koch is about 5 hours north in NC. If anyone can recommend any other instructors in GA or northern Florida, I'm all ears!
I've learned a little bit but mostly I've learned that my Taijutsu isn't as good as I thought it was so I can't wait for someone to point out all of the deficiencies that I can't see for myself.
Anyone who reads this and is deployed, please message me if you have any questions or need any advice.
Ganbatte :)

Posted on: 2011/5/26 2:34

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor