Cant Stay Offline
From Sacramento, CA (USA)
Group:
村民 :: Villager
村長 :: Admin
議長 :: Mod
Quote:

Josh D wrote:
I have looked into and read up on Luke Molitor for quite some time now.. (im not a stalker.... much lol) but he has been my first choice...

...I have gotten in contact with Luke and look forward to touching base with him in the near future.. and to the future progression in Bujinkan.

I think these two clips sum up the conclusion that the original thread starter has found what he was looking for, so further direction seems unnecessary.

Considering the potential for a thread derailment looming heavily at this point, I think this thread has run its productive course and recommend we let it go. Of course, I'm not the mod at this part of Kutaki, but I think he would agree. At least my participation is through on this one.

I wish all the best - to everybody!

Posted on: 2007/3/16 10:12

I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, or in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. ~ Thomas Jefferson
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Bujinkan in Dallas Tx / surrounding area
Kutaki Postmaster
From Dallas Texas
Group:
Ed Martin, I would assume you are referring to me.
If you are not referring to me please explain..

But Ed Martin..
1, If so could you please let everyone know how many times you have been to ANY of my Dojo?
2, Have train with my as a student?
3, Have train with any of the Licensed Instructors of the 4 Dojo I have now?
4, Have sparred with me?
5, Have been to my home or met any of my close friends or family to who I am personal and open with.. other than say my friends Sean Askew Shihan, James Garcia Sensei..?

What dealings have you had with me other than the 2002 taikai banner ordeal or seen me at a taikai or seminar?

Hmmmm NONE.

Thanks but no thanks for your opinions when they are not valet and my membership for 24 years in the Bujinkan Dojo of course doesn't matter right?

Ralph Severe, Kamiyama

Posted on: 2007/3/16 10:13

Active Kutakian
From Sydney, Australia
Group:
Oooo, that was post no. 100 for me!

I feel special!

Posted on: 2007/3/16 14:00

Village Old Timer
From Dayton, Ohio
Group:
Choosing a teacher is a personal thing. You want to get someone who is skilled, knowledgable, well respected and SAFE.

You also have to realize that you may and likely will have contact with others who train in the same art as you. The first question out of their mouth will be "who do you train with?". Much of the respect or disrespect given to your teacher will be initially shifted to you until you show what you can do. There are some people who have very strong feelings about certain teachers and will resent you if you are associated with them - even if you do not have any of their bad traits.

Martial arts training is an on going process. You never "graduate" from learning. If someone has said they can't learn anything else from Soke, run away from them. You want to start your growing journey with someone who will grow along with you - not just in girth.

Marty

Posted on: 2007/3/16 14:03

Permanent Village Fixture
From Seattle
Group:
Quote:

mrdunsky wrote:
Choosing a teacher is a personal thing. You want to get someone who is skilled, knowledgable, well respected and SAFE.

Well respected. That gets tricky. Well respected or not, by whom, and for what reasons ?

Quote:
Martial arts training is an on going process. You never "graduate" from learning. If someone has said they can't learn anything else from Soke, run away from them. You want to start your growing journey with someone who will grow along with you - not just in girth.

So when Manaka left the organization, did his knowledge and skill suddenly disappear? Did he suddenly stagnate in his martial journey once his yellow card expired?
Probably not.

Your right though, choosing a teacher is a personal thing.
Everyones priorities are different.
To some, being accepted in a group is the most important. Some couldnt care less and are searching for usable skill alone.
Others for history and culture. Etc.

Posted on: 2007/3/16 15:05

« 1 2 (3)

Topic is Locked

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor