Register now!
Socialize

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 13 »

Re: Defineing Footwork of each 9 Ryu
Deleted_
Quote:

Chris_9 wrote:
I would like to hear everyones opinion on the different footwork of each ryu, and how it collectively has impacted their Taijutsu.

I think the footwork of each ryu is two thumbs up. Great, fantastic.

As to how it collectively impacts my taijutsu: I remember learning taijutsu when I never took a step. Very limiting. "Stepping" is a great asset to have when you are fighting. But just sitting on the couch and waving my arms around was fun too.

Chris - would you like to ask a specific question?

-Daniel

PS. Does anyone else get the feeling that someone is having a conversation with himself under a different name?

Posted on: 2007/4/4 8:55
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Frequent Visitor
Group:
村民 :: Villager
i train where ever i can and it is always on the mind

Posted on: 2007/4/4 8:56

Deleted_
Tenchijin guy,
Thanks for the reply, thats pretty funny. You will have to forgive me, my skills on useing this forum are not that great yet, still trying to figure it out. Thank you in advance for your paitence.

I did not have a specific question about this topic, I just wanted perspectives of all the ryu's footwork methods.

Posted on: 2007/4/4 9:57

Frequent Visitor
Group:
so being that it is the year of kukushindin ryu what do you think the fot work for this school is

Posted on: 2007/4/4 10:00

Active Kutakian
Group:
Quote:

TenChiJin Guy wrote:

PS. Does anyone else get the feeling that someone is having a conversation with himself under a different name?

i know what you mean, mr. weidman. two guys, just a day between them in registering in this forum; the first one just a reply on a thread and started up a new one, the other directly referred(just like in talk shows) and never participated before in this forum (based on his forum account).

both have short statements in this thread(as opposed to the post of the topic starter on another thread). yeah, i know how you feel.

Posted on: 2007/4/4 10:01

"Don't ask me. I need time to practice rather than answering to it." - Harada Masanori

just playing the ONI's advocate!

Deleted_
Kukishinden ryu footwork is alot more stable and careful attention is put on keeping the feet directly under the knees. You also don't want to be spread out to far because this will force your muscles to bear the weight of the armor more. There is also a slight sinking of the body as you engage the opponent. This is done to distort his depth perception, makeing him think you are further away when you are actually closeing in.

Posted on: 2007/4/4 10:06

Frequent Visitor
Group:
so what is the efectivness of this as far as not having armor but the same feel of lowering

Posted on: 2007/4/4 10:12

Deleted_
You guys sure do make your new guest feel welcome. This isn't the response or behavior I would have expected from a group of people who are sincerly pursuing Budo. Please, No more implications gentlemen, It's becoming a bit offensive. Not to mention disrespectful. Thank you

Posted on: 2007/4/4 10:14

Frequent Visitor
Group:
how ever you are right chris-9 but i am not the same person as chris-9 i do know him however you might find a mention of how i know him in this thread

Posted on: 2007/4/4 10:17

Deleted_
One way that the Kukishinden ryu methods can be applied in a situation when there is no armor in use is that it teaches us to apply our waza in a way that focuses more of our body weight into it. This can be very energy efficient. As well as devastating. At least this is my understanding of these principles.

Posted on: 2007/4/4 10:22

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 13 »

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor