Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 13 »

Re: Defineing Footwork of each 9 Ryu
Permanent Village Fixture
From Centerville, Ohio
Group:
村民 :: Villager
Ok, are you done?

If you are different people and you feel like discussing your remarkably similar views on this subject, just give one another a call.

BTW, you've kept a pretty consistent three minutes in between responses. I'd wait a little while after switching names if you want to seem believable. Also, you both have the same grammar, punctuation, speaking style, rhythm, conceptual depth, and tone. It really does sound like an infomercial.

Surely you can stop posting so that you can see what OTHERS have to say. You know each other so you likely already know what the other thinks on the subject.

Does that sound good to you Nate?

Why yes it does Nathan. How do you feel on the subject?

Well Nate, I think we should all stop posting. Cheers.

Posted on: 2007/4/4 11:54
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Honorary Villager
From Seattle, WA
Group:
Quote:

Chris_9 wrote:
You guys sure do make your new guest feel welcome. This isn't the response or behavior I would have expected from a group of people who are sincerly pursuing Budo. Please, No more implications gentlemen, It's becoming a bit offensive. Not to mention disrespectful. Thank you

What would you think of a guest (stranger) that walked into your house without introducing himself and proceeds to have a conversation with his friend with your cell phone (on speaker phone no less) without asking? What if you tried to make your guest aware of his behavior so he could correct himself and save a little face and he didn't pick up on what you were doing and instead acted offended and instead began to lecture you on how to behave in your own house?

Makes you think doesn't it?

Posted on: 2007/4/4 11:59

Active Kutakian
From Sydney, Australia
Group:
If they know each other and are going to just speak to each other conversationally, why not just email each other or call each other? It seems to defeat the purpose of a forum. I email chat with guys from my dojo all the time, but that's not done on here. Chat programs, email and phones can be used otherwise.

Posted on: 2007/4/4 16:27

Active Kutakian
From Sydney, Australia
Group:
Well said Dean, I agree.

Posted on: 2007/4/4 16:29

From Austin,TX
Group:
It's been my understanding that a martial art often takes on little quirks and peculiarities that have much to do with the situation and armor that the art is designed for.

For instance, the Japanese armor I've seen has outer-forearm protectors, but not inner-forearm protectors. This might make some schools focus on cutting and manipulating the inside of the enemies forearm, versus the outside of the forearm(which is more protected). Perhaps these kinds of things also impact footwork.....

anyone have any ideas?

Posted on: 2007/4/4 23:44

Please be careful not to have preconceptions, and to always remember the idea of truth-and-falsehood.
-- Hatsum

Deleted_
I apologize if I have offended any of you. That was not my intemtion. It is just the delivery (Tone & Inflection) of your messages seem a little sharp and confrontational, so yes, I take offense, no matter whose house I'm in. Once again I sincerly apologize to any of you that I have offended, just remember respect is a door that swings both ways.

Posted on: 2007/4/5 0:05

Villager
From Greenville, MI
Group:
"swings both ways..."

maybe poor choice of wording..LOL

Posted on: 2007/4/5 0:42

Deleted_
Please remove my account! This is rediculous. It's behaviour like this that gives bujinkan practioners a bad reputation. I have wasted enough time w/ you children!

Posted on: 2007/4/5 0:59

Frequent Visitor
Group:
a plea to all true practitioners. what is this that you practice dose it make you feel better? dose it make you a better person? or are you always trying to make sly remarks that have nothing to do with the topic at hand, as i see it only half the comments in this tread have anything to do with the pursuit of budo and the topic at hand so i am truly sorry that i even have to write this to bring it out in the open.

if you answer no to any questions in this you need to ask yourself what are you really studying as jack says " is this a safer place because i am here" or do you feel that you can beat everyone up in the room.

to the question
It's been my understanding that a martial art often takes on little quirks and peculiarities that have much to do with the situation and armor that the art is designed for.

For instance, the Japanese armor I've seen has outer-forearm protectors, but not inner-forearm protectors. This might make some schools focus on cutting and manipulating the inside of the enemies forearm, versus the outside of the forearm(which is more protected). Perhaps these kinds of things also impact footwork.....

this is the kind of questions that we need to ask on this forum

Answer I think that all things have something to do with the changing footwork and in that respect ura and omote are two side of the same coin so it is only the way that you are looking at the coin as to one side being more protected and the inside not all you have to do is wait for the coin to reverse its side and be there waiting for it. that is my thought anyways. as always gambette for me and all out there in cyber space

Posted on: 2007/4/5 1:26

From Leesburg, Florida, USA
Group:
Quote:

TenChiJin Guy wrote:

PS. Does anyone else get the feeling that someone is having a conversation with himself under a different name?

Yes. :)

Posted on: 2007/4/5 1:29
Florida Bujinkan Network

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 13 »

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor