« 1 (2)

Re: alone training
Permanent Village Fixture
From Antelope, Ca.
Group:
村民 :: Villager
Bret; Dusty trains in Lemoore Ca. here is his email address:
[ninjamandusty@hotmail.com]

Please contact him for some good training.

Barry Brodeur
Shidoshi
Bujinkan Buyu Reiyô Dojo

ps. I have a Shidoshi-ho teaching in Fresno if you want to contact him let me know.

Posted on: 2007/5/25 2:22
Nourished by the earth, I cultivate it.
Can you grapple with the fire?
Warmed by the fire I feed it.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Villager
From Arkansas, USA
Group:
I want to take a slightly different spin on the training alone thing. I have had several conversations with others around the U.S., and there seems to be a common thread developing. There is still A LOT of the country that does not have a Bujinkan dojo close by (I have two students who drive 3-4 hours each week to train, there are whole states around me that do not have a dojo at all in the state). That is how I started out also (Ed Martin is my teacher and traveled to vist once every 3 months). Now, at least in my city/state, we have consistent training. Even though I stress to my students that they should get out and see other teachers (as Darren suggested), many of them are somewhat reluctant to travel. It is as if they are very comfortable with coming to train each week and don't fully appreciate the need to train alone or see others. I am a BIG fan of training alone -- obvioulsy also training with a qualified teacher regularly. I think that is where you make your advances. You don't have to worry about the other person, you can go at a very slow pace, and can work on the things you are weak on rather than going at the pace of the class and working on other things. To me, a well-rounded training schedule is training alone several times a weeks, training with a qualified teacher as often as possible, and seeing other teachers regularly.

Jeff

Posted on: 2007/5/26 2:18

Just Passing Through
Group:
no problem, just don't use my name. though admittedly my comment was for brett, the navy shodan. i apologize, if the typing offended you personally. those lower case small letters are hard to see. best wishes !

Posted on: 2007/5/26 6:49
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Kutaki Postmaster
From 埼玉県、春日部市、日本
Group:
Quote:

EAGLENINJA wrote:
no problem, just don't use my name. though admittedly my comment was for brett, the navy shodan. i apologize, if the typing offended you personally. those lower case small letters are hard to see. best wishes !

I`m confused why not use your name?

Posted on: 2007/5/26 22:19

Permanent Village Fixture
From No. Cal., USA
Group:
My advice,
Why train with Barry's shidoshi ho when you can train with Barry "the maruhanabachi" himself? Really. This issue comes up all the time given the number of shidoshi in California.

Luis Jorge (codename: EAGLE NINJA),
Hello! Now that your cover has been blown, revert to plan SNOWMAN 2. Tell the tv repairman "there are too many trees in Texas, where can I buy spider monkey with low mileage?" when you hand him the map to the safehouse.

Cheers!

Posted on: 2007/5/27 13:03

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor