Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Socialize

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

TV series - Jiraiyu
Deleted_
I heard that Hatsumi Sensei starred in a TV series called Jiraiyu made by Asahi TV - I believe he plays the role of a character called Yamaji Tetsuzan. Does anyone know about this series, and where and how it might be acquired (with english subtitles if possible)?

Posted on: 2003/7/30 20:17
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: TV series - Jiraiyu
Active Kutakian
From Sweden
Group:
村民 :: Villager
I remember seeing three episodes at the Stockholm Tai Kai (1988 I think) or Malmö Tai Kai (1990). It was great fun, altough the Japanese way to dramatically build a drama seem a bit different from how we do it in the west. In the midst of an episode, suddenly they would cut out from the fictional story and instead cut to some real Taijitsu training with Soke and his Shihans! This would go on for a couple of minutes, and then it was back to the fictional action. This repeated itself a few times more during an episode. Very unusual, but refreshing and interesting. Seems Soke intented to educate the viewers about Ninjutsu whilst entertaining them.

The name of the TV-series is spelled JIRAIYA

For DVD, try:

http://www.tokusatsuforever.hpg.ig.com.br/dvd.htm

Johan Grönwall

Posted on: 2003/7/31 7:01

jiraiya
Villager
Group:
師導士会 :: Shidoshikai
oh, I just couldn't resist...

Those three videotapes shown at the Taikai in Stockholm 1988 are right here in my bookshelf at the moment...got them from Sveneric a few years back...

They are great fun to see, but for the training...get the Quest videos...or even better, train with people who has been to Japan recently...or best choice...go to Japan...

best regards

Peter Carlsson
Malmö Taijutsuklubb - Bujinkan Dojo
Sweden

Posted on: 2003/7/31 7:18

Re: TV series - Jiraiyu
Deleted_
Ok, thanks both for the information.

Posted on: 2003/8/5 3:21

Jiraya
Honorary Villager
From Belo Horizonte - Brazil
Group:
Oh yes, I remember.
I grew up watching the Jiraya episodes. I didn´t know ninjutsu in that time nor who the soke was.
You can´t imagine my surprise when I saw for the first the soke´s photo with the subtitles explaing that he is a REAL great ninjutsu master. I remember to say "He´s a fake! He´s an actor, I know him from Jiraya, the TV seria".
Oh, Boy! I was so stupid! hahahah

Posted on: 2003/9/26 2:53

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor