Socialize

Recent Topics

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Soke's watching you
Village Old Timer
From Matsudo City, Chiba, Japan
Group:
村民 :: Villager
Last night at Ayase, Soke reminded us that the photos being taken may be used in published work, and that our faces may appear in the book. He cautioned us to be careful about how we look.

I wondered, is the puzzled look so obvious on my face? Did the person taking the photos catch that wrinkle in my forehead I've been trying to supress? Or am I being uncouth by sitting cross-legged (women don't do that in Japan)?

I think anyone who has experienced Soke's training feels personally spoken to, no matter if they have been training with him for decades or if they are here for the first time. I felt like I'd been scolded.

Note to self for next training - t-shirt and gi pants (I think we can be forgiven the jacket considering this is the rainy season), belt and tabi in reasonable shape, sit seiza (don't stretch legs out), keep hands in front or behind (as opposed to crossed over chest), and refrain from scrunching up face in puzzlement when watching Sensei's movement. He already knows I'm baffled.

Posted on: 2007/6/27 15:55

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor