Wedding gift... can someone help me to translate it? 6 2018/6/30 20:50
Barga18
Aomori-Ken 0 2018/6/19 10:27
hanzo-tou
Certificates 0 2018/5/8 4:34
schistkicker

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8)

Re: Dhatu Vada Kata (subtitled, the myth of the correct kata)
Permanent Village Fixture
From Cupertino, CA
Group:
村民 :: Villager
Quote:

D_Cecc wrote:

...nor are we in the dojo at the moment...

let me just share that the way I understand bujinkan art, I am in the dojo in all the moments, at least I do my best to do it that way...

Mariusz

Posted on: 2007/8/2 3:17
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

From Seattle
Group:
Quote:
let me just share that the way I understand bujinkan art, I am in the dojo in all the moments, at least I do my best to do it that way...

Mariusz

Sure.
But do you answer "hai" and bow when your boss asks you to do something?
Being that you live in California, I'd guess no.

Posted on: 2007/8/2 3:50

Villager
Group:
師導士会 :: Shidoshikai
Quote:

MrFranco wrote:
So you mean to tell me that someone has already taken the time to tell Hatsumi Sensei about this!!!??? Did he grab some popcorn and a soda?

I have never had the opportunity nor the honor to have a private conversation with Hatsumi Sensei, but I will tell you that if I ever did have a chance to have some tea and a converstation with, not only a master but a Soke, the last thing on my mind would be "tattle-tailing" on what someone is saying on a computer screen. It's a waste of time on both parties.

You have the Soke of 9 arts in front of you and all you have to say is "Hatsumi Sensei, do you know that so & so are being disrespectful". It's laughable!!!

I didn't say that someone already has told Hatsumi sensei and I don't know since I'm not in Japan right now, BUT it wouldn't surprise me at all if Soke was already aware of this debate.

There are a lot of people training with Soke every week that do have "private conversations" with him regularly. For them it's no big deal to take up this kind of matters with him, since he tends to take interest in what happens to long time students that are close to him. For someone visiting Japan now and then, then I agree that it would not be the proper thing to do. I for once would not do it. I'm not that close to him, but if I would have had any matters that maybe would need his attention, then I know who to talk to, and I can also rely on their judgement to pass it on to Soke if they thought it necessary.

And sometimes you marvel at what Hatsumi sensei actually do know about what's going on around in Bujinkan

Best regards

Peter Carlsson
Malmö Taijutsuklubb - Bujinkan Dojo
Sweden

Posted on: 2007/8/2 6:26

From Cupertino, CA
Group:
Quote:

D_Cecc wrote:
Quote:

Mariusz

Sure.
But do you answer "hai" and bow when your boss asks you to do something?
Being that you live in California, I'd guess no.

I wanted to leave it at that state of yugen (which is part of this years theme, ne?) but OK, let me go "expresis verbis"...

Example of the boss is not my favorite but it is a part of life, so let me go with the ball you served...
I actually do say "Hai" in a way, but I "translate" that through the language and culture filters. But I maintain the same attitude without being "directly detected". My boss does not speak Japanese . I tell him politely "OK" which is a good translation of "Hai" if you think about it in the context of Silly-con Valley .
"Dojo is everywhere" means I strive to respect all the people unconditionally whether they are more experienced than I am or less. I try to facilitate harmony ("wa") with people around, even if I need to challenge their opinions (see an earlier excellent post in this thread about net etiquette for good discussion about how to be less aggressive). ...and Lord knows that I need to challenge the opinions very often - I am an engineer. I am not perfect, so every time I screw up, I do as our prayer says: I try hard to use every encounter to learn and become a better person.

Feels a bit weird to write so many words about this...

I believe that the clash/debate that we observed will be an opportunity for all of us to learn a bit more about the value of harmony.

peace

Mariusz

Posted on: 2007/8/2 7:14

村長 :: Sonchou
From Budapest - Hungary
Group:
議長 :: Mod
村長 :: Admin
Dear Gentlemen,

Is it only me who thinks it would be time to put a full stop at the end of this whole "everyone misunderstand everyone" - issue?
I have the feeling that now that the discussion -by the skin of our teeth- managed to get out of one mud-pool, it is heading straight towards another one, and is likely to be wallowing in it for another while. Do we really need this?

I think the discussion has already went WAY off topic.

Eva

Posted on: 2007/8/2 7:21

« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8)

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor