« 1 (2)

Re: Cost of living in Japan.
Cant Stay Offline
From Pennsylvania, USA
Group:
村民 :: Villager
議長 :: Mod
師導士会 :: Shidoshikai
January is worse!!! The end of March is quite nice, I usually go during the last half of March as I don't like either the cold or the hot.

Posted on: 2007/8/16 13:58

Occasional Visitor
From Australia
Group:
Hi.
Just like to say thankyou to everyone who has replied. You have been very helpful.

Are there many girls at training (apart from Erizabesu of course) or will I feel out of my depth? I'm really small as well.

Has anyone heard what the theme might be next year (I'm hoping for naginata) or what training items I should take with me?
Thanks.
Amie
p.s. I sent you a pm Kouryuu.

Posted on: 2007/8/19 19:19

Village Old Timer
From Matsudo City, Chiba, Japan
Group:
Amie,

You'll be in good company! There aren't many of us women Buyu, but we're a dedicated lot. I'm guessing, but I'd say that at Soke's training Ayase, there are about six regular women members at Ayase training, residen foreigners and locals
. You'll meet other women members at Shihan training.

Oh, kunoichi and ninja come in all shapes and sizes. Bigger folk just have farther to fall, and little people just have to run faster to get out of the way.

Posted on: 2007/8/20 1:02

Active Kutakian
From Round Rock, Texas
Group:
You may also want to look into the Azusa Ryokan. Though, I will say that Kashiwa Plaza Hotel was very convenient.

Posted on: 2007/8/28 5:47
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Occasional Visitor
From Australia
Group:
Hello,
I am so excited. I have just received my tickets to Japan. I will be arriving in japan on Thursday the 31st of January, and will be staying for two months.
I was hoping to possibly stay at Tenshiyama.
Thank you everyone helping me with accommodation advice.
Anyway.
I am excited to meet Bujinkan people, and a bit nervous as this will be my first time ever training and I know nothing about the Dojo.
I heard that the theme for 2008 is Togakure ryu.
Could anyone help me in finding information on this?
Thank you again.
Amie.

Posted on: 2007/9/3 20:52

村長 :: Sonchou
From Budapest - Hungary
Group:
村長 :: Admin
Hi Amie,

I can stand guarantee that Tenshiyama is one of the best choices IMVVHO
Very nice, tidy and calm environment, providing you a nice amount of private sphere and autonomy, and let's not forget about the great landlord helping you in nearly anything you may need help with. Supermarket is nearby so you can save a lot on food, and the transportation is also very good - all major dojos are easily accessible.

I've been to Japan twice, which is not too much, but if you think I could help you with anything, let me know
You may want to check out my link-site at bujinkan.lap.hu which is full of useful info (esp. in the right column) for those who go to Japan for training.

Cheers,

Eva

Posted on: 2007/9/4 2:36

Occasional Visitor
From Australia
Group:
Hello again;
Thank you Cuthalion for your reply. I think Tenshiyama will be good to stay at, and the supermarket sounds like a great idea. I wish i was a better cook though, unfortunately i am not great in the kitchen.

I have left left Australia now, i caught my first glimpse of Japan on the way to Europe (as i stayed the night in Niki Hotel in Tokyo). I am living in Italy at the moment, in the
Tuscany region, in the city of Siena. I was wondering if anyone would know of an Dojos in the area.

Also could anyone tell me where would be the best place in the area of the Honbu Dojo to purchase training gear? I would need to get my clothes and everything once i am in Japan, as i am too small to fit into the sizes anywhere else...

Once again, thank you everyone for your wonderful help and support.

Amie.

Posted on: 2007/11/15 23:24

Active Kutakian
From Heckmondwike, West Yorkshire, England
Group:
If you google bujinkan italy it will come up with quite a few Dojo's there plus Bujinkan Italia is headed by Enzo Rossi in Milano.

Posted on: 2007/11/16 11:00

Marche ou Creve!...

Don`t raise your voice, raise your argument!

www.bujinkan-huddersfield.co uk
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Villager
From Chiba, Japan
Group:
Quote:

Princess Amie wrote:
Thank you Cuthalion for your reply. I think Tenshiyama will be good to stay at, and the supermarket sounds like a great idea. I wish i was a better cook though, unfortunately i am not great in the kitchen.

Japanese food is really simple to make (make friends with Erizabesu(^-^), but if you aren't up to it, or find yourself short of time and cash, you can go shopping in the premade food section of the supermarket. In the evening, usually after 7pm (depends on the store) a lot of the premade foods, bentos, baked goods, cakes, meats, fruits and vegetables (perishable items) etc... will start to be discounted, sometimes more than 50% off. It's a great way to save money and eat pretty well.
Here are some useful kanji for reading discount stickers:
円 (en)=Yen
百円 (hyaku-en)=Hundred yen
引き (hiki, biki) = Off or discount, for example 百円引き= Hundred yen off. Or even 70円引き、20%引き
半額 (hangaku)= half price (50% off) (This one's your friend!)

Have a great trip to Japan!

Posted on: 2007/11/16 11:55

Village Old Timer
From Matsudo City, Chiba, Japan
Group:
Eat to train, train to live

You can buy and prepare whole foods, not just prepared foods, easily in Japan. Japanese home kitchens are small, and you only need minimal equipment in winter. A saucepan, frypan and a ceramic crock pot are all you need for winter dishes.

Here are three popular winter dishes.
Okonomiyaki is a kind of savoury pancake made in a frypan. You can see some recipes here. Oden is prepared in a ceramic crock or sauce pan and is a healthy, savoury dish that keeps you warm. Yudofu is another simple dish which is made with essential Japanese ingredients - dashi fish stock, silk tofu kombu seaweed, and mirin, which is a kind of mild rice vinegar.

All of these dishes take no more than 15 minutes to prepare, and maybe 20 minutes or less to cook. Eat well, be healthy and train hard!

Posted on: 2007/11/18 16:47

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor