Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: There seems to be a thread missing
Cant Stay Offline
From Sacramento, CA (USA)
Group:
村民 :: Villager
村長 :: Admin
議長 :: Mod
Sorry, it was discussed among the mods via email - post was deleted to protect the healthy atmosphere of Kutaki.

Personal challenges which involve violence should be handled *personally* and (IMO) do not reflect the spirit of why this site was created in the first place.

I stand by my decision and it was not in any way an opinion about any of the people involved, nor am I expressing a bias to any particular individual. It was purely made for the consideration of the whole (i.e. the Kutaki community).

Besides, I believe it was up long enough for plenty of people to read it...

Posted on: 2007/11/7 1:51

I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, or in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. ~ Thomas Jefferson

Deleted_
That is seriously ridiculous.

I remember the holier than thou speeches given about the change to the edit timeout because it was going to force people to think about what they post and live with it.

Not to mention locking it before the person it addressed was able to respond was a totally spineless move as well.

I would bet a serious chunk of money that had it been the reverse and Dan had been the one to post that to Ed the thread would have stayed open...

I am sorely disappointed in the mods for this decision.

Posted on: 2007/11/7 1:56

Cant Stay Offline
From Sacramento, CA (USA)
Group:
Quote:

JeffMueller wrote:
That is seriously ridiculous.

I remember the holier than thou speeches given about the change to the edit timeout because it was going to force people to think about what they post and live with it.

Not to mention locking it before the person it addressed was able to respond was a totally spineless move as well.

I would bet a serious chunk of money that had it been the reverse and Dan had been the one to post that to Ed the thread would have stayed open...

I am sorely disappointed in the mods for this decision.

Nope - I would have deleted it just the same. Jeff, my friend, don't assume such an immature nature about me. I have respect for Daniel, Ed, you and all my Kutaki friends - regardless of ranking, relationship to Soke, or anything else. In fact, I believe I gave Daniel kudos for posting a good post in another thread, even if I didn't agree with everything he said.

Look, there is a huge difference between something posted which discredits the individual saying it, and something which lays a bad foundation which will only result in more of the same and affect the group. Threats, combative challenges and such are not things which serve any productive purpose for anybody - except for those voyeurs who are just looking for drama in their bored lives. Leaving this type of thing up will only feed the trolls, be cut/paste fodder for BS sites, and bring people to Kutaki who are only looking for more of the same.

But, I understand what brought about such a post because I know the history between these two people and I know how easy it gets to finally have enough and seek to draw a line in the sand. Doing it publicly on this site just isn't welcomed by those who are responsible for keeping things healthy here.

Like I said, the decision was for the good of the whole, not a reflection on anybody involved. I'm sorry if you don't agree. That's ok.

Posted on: 2007/11/7 2:13

I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, or in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. ~ Thomas Jefferson

Deleted_
Quote:

Darren wrote:

Nope - I would have deleted it just the same. Jeff, my friend, don't assume such an immature nature about me. I have respect for Daniel, Ed, you and all my Kutaki friends - regardless of ranking, relationship to Soke, or anything else.

I was refering to the collective Mods, not just you. As you said you all discussed it together.

Quote:
Threats, combative challenges and such are not things which serve any productive purpose for anybody - except for those voyeurs who are just looking for drama in their bored lives.

I disagree. Challenges serve a great purpose in martial arts. Despite the fact that people like to live in the Hippie-Kan where flowers and rainbows solve all problems the reality is that in a physical based art challenges solve disgreements.

If Ed feels he wants to challenge someone let him. I have sat there several times when Hatsumi Sensei has told all of us that if you disagree with someone of a higher rank than you, to go take that rank from them. I don't think he meant to do it with a game of checkers.

Posted on: 2007/11/7 2:27

Cant Stay Offline
From Hamina, Finland
Group:
師導士会 :: Shidoshikai
Quote:

JeffMueller wrote:
I was refering to the collective Mods, not just you. As you said you all discussed it together.

We did??!!! *sniff* I feel so *sniff* left out *sniff*

Posted on: 2007/11/7 2:50
(Bujinkan Budōka since 1985)

Kutaki Postmaster
From Colorado
Group:
Hmm. When I first saw it I was a bit shocked. I was about to post but decided to sleep on it. My conclusion was the same as Jeff's. Challenges do have a place in the arts. Also in history. At a recent seminar one intstructor noted how certain behavior by a Samurai could result in a conflict based on an offense against honor.

I am not advocating a return to the dueling code, as attractive as that might seem sometimes. As to doing it on Kutaki I also recall that is was common to issue a challenge in a manner that all would know. So.......

My two cents.

Posted on: 2007/11/7 3:03

Alan Witty...
www.warriorwindma.com

Permanent Village Fixture
From Centerville, Ohio
Group:
The day in martial arts that it became taboo to fight other martial artists is the day that traditional martial arts died.

How ridiculous.

Posted on: 2007/11/7 3:55

村長 :: Sonchou
From Brussels
Group:
Quote:

Shinoobie wrote:
The day in martial arts that it became taboo to fight other martial artists is the day that traditional martial arts died.

How ridiculous.

Taboo? What? Where? Never knew anybody forbid it on Kutaki. How would we do that?

However, using the board to make arrangements for it, is something we don't want.

Just write a personal email. It is fast, efficient and to the point.

Anyway, a discussion about whether you like this or not, is of course allowed. Luckely it is in the soapbox forum

Enjoy the discussions,

Jan

Posted on: 2007/11/7 4:35

‘It is only when the eyes and the brain get exhausted that there are no lies and you can get the truth’ Thomas Hirschhorn

Unsubscribed
Deleted_Unsubscribed
While anyone who knows me would never consider me to be a part of the left-of-center, rainforest-crunching, hug first-ask questions later, neo-pagan/hippie contingent, on the other hand....

Some of you mighty urban-warrior shidoshi should consider including brewed decaf as a part of your daily Starbuck's workout.

You really should.

"Who will be the next Ultimate( Bujinkan ) Fighter???"

Who bloody cares.

Jesus....

Mark Spada

Posted on: 2007/11/7 5:04

(1) 2 3 4 5 »

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor