Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me



Lost Password?

Register now!
Socialize
 

Recent Topics
Topic Replies Last Post
Wedding gift... can someone help me to translate it? 6 2018/6/30 20:50
Barga18
Aomori-Ken 0 2018/6/19 10:27
hanzo-tou
Certificates 0 2018/5/8 4:34
schistkicker
Home Project: Shadowbox 3 2018/4/25 21:44
roufus
Ichiba 0 2018/2/21 1:18
Dpinga

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users



« 1 2 (3) 4 »


Re: Help with design for homemade shuriken target
Honorary Villager
Joined:
2004/9/27 16:05
Group:
村民 :: Villager
Posts: 41
Offline
Has anyone tried thick corkboard?

Posted on: 2007/11/14 21:42
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: Help with design for homemade shuriken target
Cant Stay Offline
Joined:
2003/6/13 23:29
From Pennsylvania, USA
Group:
村民 :: Villager
議長 :: Mod
師導士会 :: Shidoshikai
Posts: 1834
Offline
If you want a "moving" target, why not just hang the target and have it swing back and forth? Obviously the longer the 'hanging' rope the greater the movement of the target will be. Just a suggestion.

Posted on: 2007/11/15 1:13
_________________
Ed Martin aka Papa-san
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: Help with design for homemade shuriken target
Kutaki Postmaster
Joined:
2004/10/12 22:41
Group:
村民 :: Villager
Posts: 200
Offline
I recently saw an article in Guns and Ammo about combat shooting and they had a moving target set up that was really quite excellent, for shooting or throwing applications!
basically the set up was two targets, one behind the other, the rear target being the "bad guy". the rear target was set on an bar with a weight at the bottom so that it swung back and forth behind the front target. I thought it was a really great way to simulate a baddie either peeking out from cover, or using a "friendly" as cover, aka "hostage". anyway not as good as a live target, but lots safer!

Posted on: 2007/11/15 7:53
_________________
Stupidity and the Probability of injury are proportionally equal.

Alan McPherson
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: Help with design for homemade shuriken target
Kutaki Postmaster
Joined:
2004/1/6 15:16
From Dallas Texas
Group:
村民 :: Villager
Posts: 184
Offline
Samuel Zavaletta,
No, the padded suit was made just for one person when we shot the footage for the DVD.
The suit was a major under taking. It takes time to put it on and it’s not very ‘user friendly’.
Yes, the movement is slowed down a lot.. but there is a great deal of stress related research manifested from the experiences with this type of training methodology.
I have been in three conflicts where senban shuriken were used and thrown at me.
I was hit twice during those three ordeals.
Not much came from it other than small cuts on the arms.
Did I learn from those experiences.. sure.
But it doesn’t help if you don’t witness these methods first hand.. as in filming it for others.
Yeah, the major challenge most forum masters and dojo masters can be seen from their lack of pragmatic results under a stressful demo..
Yeah anyone can beat a willing foe.. as well as hit a target that is not hitting back at you..
Hmmmmmmm trolls know this and don’t like being exposed because it weathers their belt color. .

During the shoots we used wood, plastic and steel type boshuriken.. against the padded target on the full body amour.
They all were very effective.

Sorry no animals or humans were injured during these test.

ralph severe, kamiyama

Posted on: 2007/11/15 9:12
_________________
relaxing tip - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDJE
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: Help with design for homemade shuriken target
Kutaki Postmaster
Joined:
2003/2/18 16:00
From Chicago, IL
Group:
村民 :: Villager
Posts: 240
Offline
Quote:

rsevere wrote:
I have been in three conflicts where senban shuriken were used and thrown at me.
I was hit twice during those three ordeals.
Not much came from it other than small cuts on the arms.

Sorry to hear about that.

Quote:

rsevere wrote:
Did I learn from those experiences.. sure.
But it doesn’t help if you don’t witness these methods first hand.. as in filming it for others.
Yeah, the major challenge most forum masters and dojo masters can be seen from their lack of pragmatic results under a stressful demo..
Yeah anyone can beat a willing foe.. as well as hit a target that is not hitting back at you..
Hmmmmmmm trolls know this and don’t like being exposed because it weathers their belt color. .

During the shoots we used wood, plastic and steel type boshuriken.. against the padded target on the full body amour.
They all were very effective.

Sorry no animals or humans were injured during these test.

ralph severe, kamiyama


Thanks for the info Ralph, it has been very enlightening.

Markk Bush
www.bujinmag.com

Posted on: 2007/11/15 10:47
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: Help with design for homemade shuriken target
Villager
Joined:
2004/8/18 7:41
Group:
村民 :: Villager
Posts: 53
Offline
Quote:
I have been in three conflicts where senban shuriken were used and thrown at me.


Whoa....am at a loss for words here..

Was this some sort of "dojo storming" incident?

Posted on: 2007/11/16 6:40
_________________
Jonathan Gillespie
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: Help with design for homemade shuriken target
Kutaki Postmaster
Joined:
2004/1/6 15:16
From Dallas Texas
Group:
村民 :: Villager
Posts: 184
Offline
Jonathan Gillespie,
No dojo storming.. just boys being boys..

Markk, why not do some research, get results and share them..
I'm sure everyone would love to hear you some effeort to find pragmatic combatiuve skills..
Right?
If not first hand experience Markk.. well then you speak from a ‘theorist’ background.

Ralph Severe, kamiyama

"A new idea cannot be successful if it does not seem crazy when expressed for the first time."
-- Albert Einstein

Posted on: 2007/11/17 15:16
_________________
relaxing tip - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDJE
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: Help with design for homemade shuriken target
Kutaki Postmaster
Joined:
2003/2/18 16:00
From Chicago, IL
Group:
村民 :: Villager
Posts: 240
Offline
Quote:

rsevere wrote:
Markk, why not do some research, get results and share them..
I'm sure everyone would love to hear you some effeort to find pragmatic combatiuve skills..
Right?

What makes you assume I haven't? Because I haven't come to the same conclusion as you?

Quote:

rsevere wrote:
If not first hand experience Markk.. well then you speak from a ‘theorist’ background.

Ralph Severe, kamiyama



Have you ever "Killed" anyone with your Budo Ralph? If not then I would say EVERYTHING you do is from a "theorist" background. Right?

Markk Bush
www.bujinmag.com

Posted on: 2007/11/17 19:20
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: Help with design for homemade shuriken target
Kutaki Postmaster
Joined:
2004/1/6 15:16
From Dallas Texas
Group:
村民 :: Villager
Posts: 184
Offline
Well Markk..
Hmmmmm
Maybe so..
But last night for example I did discharge 3 - 12 ga rounds into a truck trying to run me over...

Life is full of experiences..

I just walk towards and join with the experiences that set me apart from none experienced people..

Are you like most people who do dojo combative skills against willing people and confess combative skills experience?

Ralph Severe, kamiyama

Posted on: 2007/11/19 5:41
_________________
relaxing tip - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDJE
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: Help with design for homemade shuriken target
Kutaki Postmaster
Joined:
2003/2/18 16:00
From Chicago, IL
Group:
村民 :: Villager
Posts: 240
Offline
Quote:

rsevere wrote:
Well Markk..
Hmmmmm
Maybe so..
But last night for example I did discharge 3 - 12 ga rounds into a truck trying to run me over...


Funny, people dont throw shuriken at me or try to run me over, wonder if i'm doing something wrong.......hmmmmmmm...

Quote:

rsevere wrote:

Life is full of experiences..

I just walk towards and join with the experiences that set me apart from none experienced people..


I definitely agree that you are set apart from most people, please continue on your journey.


Quote:

rsevere wrote:
Are you like most people who do dojo combative skills against willing people and confess combative skills experience?

Ralph Severe, kamiyama


Nope.

Markk Bush
www.bujinmag.com

Posted on: 2007/11/19 7:48
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer



« 1 2 (3) 4 »




[Advanced Search]


Today's Sponsor