Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 »

Theme weapons for 2008
Occasional Visitor
From Karlstad, Sweden
Group:
村民 :: Villager
Hi and thanks for reading this.

So this year they say we should bring a ninjato et c. Anyone know where one can buy this? Any help is greatly apprecieated.

Thanks in advance.
/Fredrik

Posted on: 2008/1/2 23:40

Re: Theme weapons for 2008
Active Kutakian
From Finland
Group:
Cut a "normal" bokken 5-6 inches shorter?

Posted on: 2008/1/3 0:14

Deleted_
The "Oniyuri" seems particularly nice.. It's not "exactly" the sterio typical ninjato in the sence that it has a slightly curved blade and a bit of a longer hilt I believe.

Bujinkan Oniyuri review here

Possibly someone here owns one who could speak a bit about it. I do not. Or search the forum for "Oniyuri" that might turn something up. Possibly even some unfavorable views im not sure.

**edit I ran a search myself and came across this interesting thread. It might help.
kutaki member sword comments

As for simple training I think Musasabi suggesting is quite practical.

Posted on: 2008/1/3 2:00
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Deleted_
Alos if your just looking for the cheapest of the cheap i.e something to beat on that won't leave you heart broken when it breaks. You can find toss aways here for as little as $9.99 usd. heh.

Ninja novelty swords

Posted on: 2008/1/3 2:20

Villager
From Northern California
Group:
I was lucky enough to purchase a "ninjato" like sword from the 2000 DKMS and been practicing battojutsu with it ever since. Imagine the difference between a standard length mogito and the ninjato and you begin to appreciate the advantages a shorter sword gives you indoors. Not that I've learned that the hardway...a time or two!

As far as cutting a bokken down to the length of a ninjto I've wondered does that throw off the curvature of the blade enough that it doesn't resemble a ninjato?

Posted on: 2008/1/3 3:08

"Stupid fast moving modern zombies!!

Permanent Village Fixture
From Antelope, Ca.
Group:
Robert; I know you said bokken,but, I would mention, for others that please never cut a live blade down. If a shinken blade had a bad break or a davit near the boshi I would have a expert polisher work on it. To do it your self, there are a lot of troubles with that. But a bokken can be cut and worked; easily.
Maybe as to weapons of the year, maybe shuko,kyoketsu,mitsubushi and shuriken.
Also come by and train with us some day. I know you have been in the area for years and yet.... It would be fun to train together.
BuFuSui Ikkan
Barry

Posted on: 2008/1/3 4:21
Nourished by the earth, I cultivate it.
Can you grapple with the fire?
Warmed by the fire I feed it.

Kutaki Postmaster
From Chicago, IL
Group:
Quote:

maruishi wrote:
Alos if your just looking for the cheapest of the cheap i.e something to beat on that won't leave you heart broken when it breaks. You can find toss aways here for as little as $9.99 usd. heh.

Ninja novelty swords

First, those are not ninja-to, and second, the quality is serious crap.

As far as the oniyuri goes, you might want to look at the Oni Forge shinobi katana, www. Oniforge.com, they have two versions, the more expensive one is a very good Togakure Ryu replica. I am going to talk to them about making a mogito version.

Markk Bush
www.bujinmag.com

Posted on: 2008/1/3 5:20

Village Old Timer
From Istanbul Turkiye
Group:
Mark,
I have been watching Oni forge since it was called Orochi shinken times and wonder if you are happy with his swords. I ordered 2 swords but then had to cancel it due to shipping problems to Turkey. Still I want to try it once more. I will be happy to hear your comments. I was wondering his katana with 2 his (blood groove) and Ninja To especially.

Posted on: 2008/1/3 6:01
-----------------------------------------

Deleted_
Quote:

the quality is serious crap.

yes, virtually all of it, "cheapest of the cheap, toss always, and $9.99". I was trying to be clear that these are disposable items. I figure not everyone is sword collector and not always concerned with balance and high quality blades. So they might be of interest to some.

I'm not one to concern myself with balanced swords etc. Although I do know an individuals or two who wouldn’t consider touching a throwing knife unless it's perfectly balanced and of the highest quality steal. I'm happy to throw and/or swing whatever (preferably variety). As for swords I'm satisfied with a decent wooden bokken for training.

Bout the only thing I want top notch quality out of is guitars and software. Totally unrelated. heh

Posted on: 2008/1/3 8:54

Kutaki Postmaster
From Chicago, IL
Group:
Quote:

maruishi wrote:
Quote:

the quality is serious crap.

yes, virtually all of it, "cheapest of the cheap, toss always, and $9.99". I was trying to be clear that these are disposable items. I figure not everyone is sword collector and not always concerned with balance and high quality blades. So they might be of interest to some.

I'm not one to concern myself with balanced swords etc. Although I do know an individuals or two who wouldn’t consider touching a throwing knife unless it's perfectly balanced and of the highest quality steal. I'm happy to throw and/or swing whatever (preferably variety). As for swords I'm satisfied with a decent wooden bokken for training.

Bout the only thing I want top notch quality out of is guitars and software. Totally unrelated. heh

Its not so much the balance or feel, aside from the fact that the "straight blade ninja to" is not what were actually used, my concern is that they are stainless steel and those blades can shatter and cause serious injury to the user and observers.

Markk Bush
www.bujinmag.com

Posted on: 2008/1/3 14:37

(1) 2 3 »

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor