Certificates 0 2018/5/8 4:34
schistkicker

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Manchester Dojos?(UK)
Occasional Visitor
Group:
村民 :: Villager
Hi, I'm studying at Manchester University and would like to join a Ninjutsu club. I went a couple of times with a friend to try Ninjutsu a while back and really enjoyed it. I didn't go again being at college I had no income, but now I would like to start training again. I know there are a couple of clubs around Manchester but does anyone know what they're like? I've googled Ninjutsu Manchester and several have come up, including the Uni group who I'll check out. Can anyone advise? Thanks.

Posted on: 2008/1/7 3:09
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Manchester Dojos?(UK)
Honorary Villager
Group:
Hi there,

You should try Tombo Dojo http://www.tombodojo.co.uk/

In fact, there will be an excellent seminar there at the end of January. See details in the link.

Regards,
Gerard

Posted on: 2008/1/7 5:03

Occasional Visitor
Group:
Thanks Gerard, I had looked at the Tombo Dojo page, Stockport isn't too far from me
Do you know the instructor, Alan Leech? I clicked on his name on the site and the page wouldn't load but if you recommend him, I'll go across and give it a go
I noticed the seminar in Manchester too. I googled the name "Kacem Zoughari" and found lots of seminars! He has a lot of credentials, I take it he is a good teacher? Would there be any point me going to the seminar, if i can, or would it be for more advanced students only? Thanks.

Posted on: 2008/1/7 8:33

Honorary Villager
Group:
Yes I know Alan and I would recommend going to see him. You have nothing to lose right? :)

Perhaps e-mail Alan about training generally and the seminar in particular, I'm sure he'll be more than happy to tell you about both.

As for the seminar, I guarantee you will not have seen anything like this before, however you should contact Alan as he is the organiser and host of the seminar, not me. It's not really my place to talk about it.

Regards,
Gerard

Posted on: 2008/1/8 3:37

Just Passing Through
Group:
The seminar is open to everyone with an open mind. There is no limit for rank or level, and people from other arts and Ryu are welcome too. The theme is Takagi Yoshin Ryu Jutaijutsu and Kodachi techniques, so should be very interesting, even for people who don't practice within the Bujinkan. I've seen Kacem several times on seminars and it's always a treat. I'm sure this time will be no different.
I've been studying under Alan for just over 3 years and consider him a great teacher and friend, but of course I'd say that The only thing to say is come to class and see for yourself, it's a friendly group and like Gerard said, "You have nothing to lose right?"

Ps. Hi Gerard, hope all is well mate, see you in a few weeks.

Ben Shaw.
Tombo Dojo, Stockport.

Posted on: 2008/1/9 8:43

Villager
Group:
議長 :: Mod
There seems to be a slight lack of accuracy on the flyer for the seminar.

"Shidoshi Kacem Zoughari is a French Lavoisier researcher who has lived and trained in Japan for over 13 years."

Just for the record.

Posted on: 2008/1/9 15:07

Just Passing Through
Group:
sorry, i seem to have missed the point. you quoted the flyer but didn't say what was wrong. have i misread it?-J.

Posted on: 2008/1/10 5:23

Frequent Visitor
From Poughkeepsie, NY
Group:
Quote:

Joneser wrote:
sorry, i seem to have missed the point. you quoted the flyer but didn't say what was wrong. have i misread it?-J.

I think he is refering to this portion of the quote, "lived and trained in Japan for over 13 years".

The way I read it is that it implies Mr. Zoughari has lived and trained in Japan continuously for 13 years. Which is not true.

Posted on: 2008/1/10 8:23

Just Passing Through
Group:
gotcha so does he live in japan now? can you get videos of him? you tube just has some clips for another seminar, they've got to be sped up? -J

Posted on: 2008/1/11 0:24

Just Passing Through
Group:
You're right, it can be read that way. Apologies, I'll speak to our web designer to have it changed. Thanks for pointing that out.
And those clips on youtube, I doubt they have been sped up. I have witnessed the speed on several occasions and, to quote a friend, "he's a bit quick with that stick!".

Ben Shaw.
Tombo Dojo.

Posted on: 2008/1/11 20:15

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor