Lost Password?

Register now!
Socialize

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Just Passing Through
From Argentina
Group:
村民 :: Villager
Hi guys, I have a question that's been on my mind for some time (probably this is not the forum where this should be posted).

My question is about Fukasaku's movie Yagyû ichizoku no inbô, aka "Shogun's samurai". This is a great chanbara film with many many great and famous actors, and it has, in my opinion, the best action scenes of the genre. And this might be explained by the fact that Hatsumi sensei was the technical advisor for this film?

That idea came to my mind by the way they use weapons, but when I red the book "Ima Ninja" years later, in the spanish version, Sensei says that he was the advisor for the film "yagyu conspiracy" (another version of the title).

So, my question is, did Hatsumi Sensei help on this movie, or is it just a coincidence?

Posted on: 2008/1/11 5:58
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Hehehe...
Permanent Village Fixture
From Dallas, TX
Group:
村民 :: Villager
Can you tell me where it states he was a consultant in this film in Sensei's book "Ima Ninja" please... What chapter or page?

Yes, I believe this is the same film...

On this page HERE

, It lists Sensei as a Contributor to the film, 'The Ryusei Ichizoku Conspiracy'...

Ryu'sei is another pronunciation for Yagyu'... Ichizoku translates as Family or Clan... and Inbo' translates as Conspiracy or Plot... So it appears to be another name for the same film.

Posted on: 2008/2/27 13:15

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor