Dpinga

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 »

Grading Curricullum
Kutaki Postmaster
From Norway
Group:
村民 :: Villager
This tread is an ofshot from the Ten Chi Jin tread, as I am curious on what curricullum Jeff Mueller is using, instead of the typical Ten Chi Jin we typically use here in Norway/Scandinavia.

And of course, others curricullum are of course of interest too.

Thanks,
Goran

Posted on: 2008/1/18 6:47
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Grading Curricullum
Cant Stay Offline
From Hamina, Finland
Group:
議長 :: Mod
師導士会 :: Shidoshikai
Ours is based on TCJ aswell. Well, we, too, are in Scandinavia, so...

Posted on: 2008/1/18 7:14
(Bujinkan Budōka since 1985)

Hehehe...
Permanent Village Fixture
From Dallas, TX
Group:
I am also interested...

Mr. Jeff said in a previous post;
"For what it is worth though my curriculum is based on my own views, and it loosely follows the Ishizuka Dojo curriculum up to shodan."

I studied with Ishizuka Sensei in the 80's and early 90's and have 2-copies of his then small Kyu' curriculum including a small paper handbook with pictures of him demoing Waza in high grass... These containing 3 to 5 Waza or Kata to each of the 9 Kyu'.

I am interested in how his curriculum may have changed in 20 or so years...

Also, I see you have mentioned Mr. Kacem in another post... I am curious... Does your interpretation follow Ishizuka Sensei's curriculum, or Mr Kacem's, as I believe he is a student in that Do'jo'?

Posted on: 2008/1/18 12:58

Deleted_
I have never asked Kacem about his personal curriculum to be honest, in our conversations it has never really come up.

The curriculum you are talking about with the pictures is the one I used as the base for my re-organization of my personal grading requirements.

Over the years I have used a few different ones based on where my head was training wise at the time, but a few years ago I decided that simple = better and reworked things that way.

Posted on: 2008/1/18 14:12

Kutaki Postmaster
From Norway
Group:
Jeff, would you like to go a little more into detail about your curricullum?

Thanks,
Goran

Posted on: 2008/1/18 21:35

Deleted_
Short of posting it in its entirity I am not sure what detail you would like...

I am not adverse to sharing my views, however novice they might be, but I need a little direction as to what you are looking for.

Posted on: 2008/1/19 3:43

Hehehe...
Permanent Village Fixture
From Dallas, TX
Group:
If I may, perhaps I can mention the obvious differences between the Ten-Chi-Jin and Ishizuka Sensei's old curriculum... Just to try to shed some light on the original question...

I previously said about Ishizuka's shorter curriculum:
Quote:
containing 3 to 5 Waza or Kata to each of the 9 Kyu'

Jeff said:
Quote:
I decided that simple = better and reworked things that way.

I suspect that this points to a much shorter curriculum containing fewer Waza than the Ten-Chi-Jin, which contains three sections of multiples.

My observations; there is nothing in the shorter version that is not in the Ten-Chi-Jin, it just has fewer listings... The Kata of the Kihon Happo' (Ichimoni, Hicho'...) exist in the latter Kyu' with it's building blocks introduced in the first sections (Ukemi, Uke, Tsuki, Keri...).

Posted on: 2008/1/20 4:45

Deleted_
Yes, there is nothing in my curriculum that is not in the Ten-Chi-Jin but there is a lot in the Ten-Chi-Jin that is not in my curriculum (prior to shodan).

I think, for me, it came to point where I realized expecting people to know "kata" (sanshin nonwithstanding) prior to Shodan was not a good idea.

I would much prefer someone focus on the basics, or proper movement and individual waza, before moving onto any ryu ha material.

This is not to say we don't cover it in my normal classes, but my focus is on the individual component parts prior to shodan level.

Posted on: 2008/1/20 5:02

Re: Hehehe...
Cant Stay Offline
From Hamina, Finland
Group:
議長 :: Mod
師導士会 :: Shidoshikai
Quote:

JamesGarcia wrote:
The Kata of the Kihon Happo' (Ichimoni, Hicho'...) exist in the latter Kyu' with it's building blocks introduced in the first sections (Ukemi, Uke, Tsuki, Keri...).

Ah, remember seeing that list at the old Kashiwa Dôjô. Was a bit "huh?!" the 1st time I saw it

Posted on: 2008/1/20 5:04
(Bujinkan Budōka since 1985)

Deleted_
With as many emails and PMs I have gotten regarding this subject I am really surprised this thread hasn't had more participation...

Posted on: 2008/1/21 10:54

(1) 2 3 4 »

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor