Socialize

Recent Topics

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 ... 6 »

Kayakujutsu
Honorary Villager
Group:
村民 :: Villager
Does anyone know things in kayakujutsu? I have asked my teacher, but he was only taught a few things. Any simple techniques or advice? (Don't judge by my Screen name, its a nick name from my friends and the icon just matches, so don't worry)

Posted on: 2008/2/12 5:00
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Kayakujutsu
Active Kutakian
Group:

Posted on: 2008/2/12 8:50

[i]"One should be neither strong nor weak, neither soft nor hard. Leave such thoughts behind, awaken

Honorary Villager
Group:
Oh man. I really appreciate the help. But I am not japanese nor can I read it. Is there some translation? I really do appreciate it though

Posted on: 2008/2/12 9:10

Active Kutakian
Group:
I think anyone with a rudimentary understanding of Archaic Japanese should be able to read that. Maybe you should learn to read Japanese first, then learn to read archaic texts and then someone will appreciate your scholarly dedication enough to teach you historical bomb making methods from them?

Posted on: 2008/2/12 9:37

[i]"One should be neither strong nor weak, neither soft nor hard. Leave such thoughts behind, awaken

Kutaki Postmaster
From West of you , but East of San Francisco
Group:
It was so easy I think I'll try it...... why the specific interest Metalpyro? Thanks.

~juan

Z
az
euta

Posted on: 2008/2/12 14:31

Deleted_
Quote:

Kasumi wrote:
I think anyone with a rudimentary understanding of Archaic Japanese should be able to read that. Maybe you should learn to read Japanese first, then learn to read archaic texts and then someone will appreciate your scholarly dedication enough to teach you historical bomb making methods from them?

Or someone could not be a smart ass and answer his question or ignore him and treat him like a troll. Expecting someone to magically learn Japanese is just retarded.

Posted on: 2008/2/12 22:09

Hehehe...
Permanent Village Fixture
From Dallas, TX
Group:
First, what exactly are you asking about?

By Kayaku-jutsu, are you referring directly to the making and function of gunpowder and explosives, or do you mean Ka-jutsu meaning the overall use of Fire... or Ho'-jutsu, the use of guns and cannons... and then there is Katon no Jutsu, the use of Fire for escape... which is more in line with this years theme...

Some of the general weapons and tools are talked about, but the actual recipes for mixing black gunpowder and construction of explosives and cannon's is not taught due to the obvious dangers, not only to yourself but to innocent others.

In the 80's we studied these things from other sources, but since many tragic events have occurred here in the states, (pipe bomb attacks on abortion clinics, the branch dividian tragedy in waco, the oklahoma city bombing, the columbine massacre, not to mention 911), these types of things raise more than an eyebrow from not only the authorities, but general citizens as well.

Posted on: 2008/2/12 23:11

Frequent Visitor
From Maryland
Group:
Quote:

Boggs wrote:

Or someone could not be a smart ass and answer his question or ignore him and treat him like a troll. Expecting someone to magically learn Japanese is just retarded.

So is asking about making gunpowder and explosives on an internet forum. While we don't know what his interest or curiousity is about, it's best not to go into details about this stuff. There are sources out there, but I for one am not going to point anyone to them.

If someone truly wants to learn about these things, they can look at schooling for them in the military or through LEO as an EOD technician.

Posted on: 2008/2/13 0:27

Deleted_
Man, and I was going to tell him some methods for keeping his head above water when his kayak flipped.

My bad.

Posted on: 2008/2/13 1:26

Kutaki Postmaster
From West of you , but East of San Francisco
Group:
Quote:

JeffMueller wrote:
Man, and I was going to tell him some methods for keeping his head above water when his kayak flipped.

My bad.

Haha, I also immediately thought, Kayaking. When I started ninjaing back in the early 19th century everyone carried around kayaks and were taight from a young age in their proper use, but now with all the kids running around playing at being kayak badass', and all the horrible kayak stabbings and overall decapitations, I don't think the general tone of the world is ready for a resurgance in their presence.......I've said too much already!

Seriously, Metalpyro, it's an easy question....why the specific interest. Thanks.

~juan

Posted on: 2008/2/13 2:21

(1) 2 3 4 ... 6 »

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor