Socialize

Recent Topics

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6)

Re: Kayakujutsu
Honorary Villager
Group:
村民 :: Villager
I am not at war. But I was speaking more of defensivley, not in a harmfull way. Like a smoke kind of distraction. Just for some type of multiple person escape. Now I am not saying I'm being attacked every day by some sort of gang. But I have almost been attacked by multiple people many times and my escape was almost complete luck. Due to the amount it was difficult to escape since they almost completely surrounded me, and it would be nice if there was an easier way than to just knock one or two down and run from their path. However, I was also saying that just general background information would be nice seeing as this is a spectrum that I do not know much about but have been very curious about either way. So yes, one part was asking if there were anything I can learn, the other was just out of curiosity.

Posted on: 2008/2/18 11:24
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Kutaki Postmaster
From West of you , but East of San Francisco
Group:
Mr. Mueller, good eye. I guess right now I'm the only collateral damage, but I can always hope that with time that will change. <me.

~juan

Posted on: 2008/2/18 13:49

Occasional Visitor
Group:
MetalPyro, I'm also interested in this topic myself. I've always been interested in the historical aspects of our art that usually are not taught anymore. I study this type of thing a lot, so I can tell you what I know of kajutsu. I won't post the techniques for the obvious reasons as stated already, however if you want to know about ancient ninja kayakujutsu (like from the Bansenshukai), I could send you a private message or e-mail.

I do think that historical information such as this should be available to sincere Bujinkan practitioners. Our art has a long history, and has collected a lot of information in the centuries that it has been in existence. It is not always very applicable to our modern day society, however it is good historical information and we should not allow these aspects of our traditions to become extinct.

Posted on: 2008/4/5 6:26

Honorary Villager
Group:
I would love that actually. My e-mail is sithspidey@gmail.com

I know it sounds juvenile but I made it awhile ago and don't feel like transferring anything. I trust no one on this forum will spam me but if anyone needs it for any reason or just wants to ask me something, e-mail me sometime.

Posted on: 2008/4/6 14:15

Frequent Visitor
From Madison, Wisconsin
Group:
[quote]
JeffMueller wrote: This thread represents one of the main reasons why people view the Bujinkan in such a poor light...
quote]

This is exactly why I only pop on this forum like twice a year.

Kid, your question was sincere and, unfortunately, some people use forums, such as these, to flex their egos more than help newbies learn and become better practitioners. Don't take it personally. It reflects more on them than you.

Think out of the box a little. Starting a fire requires 3 things: fuel, friction, and air. To learn more about this consider attending your state's Fire Academy or a Wilderness Survival School. Can you start a fire with only one match in any weather condition? Do you carry a lighter? If so, why? Also, if you are of age, consider buying a handgun and take some classes on how to shoot safely and effectively.

One of the best modern vision-disruptors is Pepper Spray. Other people have already gone to the trouble of making it for you and packaging it in a convenient little carrying method. You can use it as a force-multiplier and without too much legal hassle. Its cheaper than a sword and the probability of you actually employing it is much higher.

The best reason to study what people did in the whatever-century is because you are historian (and there is nothing wrong with that - I spend my time chasing Kunoichi and drinking beer rather than reading Japanese texts, but thats just me). Otherwise, this is just my $0.02, look for the essence of what this skill/area is trying to teach you. I think I heard someone somewhere say that you should "forget techniques."

Keep Going, Padawan.

Posted on: 2008/4/27 23:19

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6)

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor