Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Socialize

Recent Topics

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Very simple question
Deleted_
I'm sorry if this seems like a stupid question, but I was wondering if the Bujinkan tie their belts a certain way? If so, how?

Posted on: 2008/3/25 12:00
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Very simple question
Permanent Village Fixture
From Toronto/Waterloo, Canada Eh!
Group:
村民 :: Villager
Hi Yuri,

I don't think you'll get a 'written in stone' answer to your question. And if I am wrong I hope someone more knowledgeable will correct me. But in my limited experience I have not seen a FORMAL method for tying an obi, most are not very formal in such things.

I have seen 2 basic methods (starting in the middle, or starting on one end and wrapping twice around) as well as a method for tying when wearing a sword.

I would suggest that you make use of your resources b4 posting on kutaki, most are more willing to answer if you have shown the effort to research yourself. There is a video on youtube of an instructor showing how to tie an obi, you also have google and other resources at your disposal.

I hope this is what you were looking for & that if I am wrong I will be corrected.

Posted on: 2008/3/25 15:17
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Kutaki Postmaster
From DC, USA
Group:
There is also the method of folding the belt in half then putting the two ends through the loop and tucking in so that it can be quickly removed and used as a rope-like weapon. Like Hatsumi's unconventional sword methods, there are ninja ways to do things.

Posted on: 2008/3/27 4:31

Frequent Visitor
From Canada
Group:
I was never taught how to tie my belt "Bujinkan" style so I just tie it the way I did at the past martial art I practiced.

Some people tuck the dangling ends of the belt back into itself so they're harder to manipulate - "belt flossing" should be a kihon.

Posted on: 2008/6/4 3:13

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor