Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: MidWest Tai Kai 2008
Village Old Timer
From Dayton, Ohio
Group:
村民 :: Villager
Thanks,

And if that wasn't enough....I just found out the Backstreet Boys will be in town on Saturday night of the Taikai! I didn't know they still existed!

Does this tempt you to travel from California Dan?

Marty

Posted on: 2008/5/13 3:51
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Kutaki Postmaster
Group:
DANGIT!!! why are all the cool things happening when I am out of the country! (whine!)

heh heh!! keep up the good work folks!

-Alan

Posted on: 2008/5/13 18:08

Alan McPherson

Deleted_
Quote:

mrdunsky wrote:
Thanks,

And if that wasn't enough....I just found out the Backstreet Boys will be in town on Saturday night of the Taikai! I didn't know they still existed!

I won't ask why you are checking into the current status of the Backstreet Boys.

Quote:

mrdunsky wrote:

Does this tempt you to travel from California Dan?

Marty

Tempt - sure. Sufficiently tempt - nah.

Besides - I would rather train and hang out with Buyu then go to a concert.

-Daniel

Posted on: 2008/5/14 4:03

Village Old Timer
From Dayton, Ohio
Group:
The mosh pits at the Backstreet Boys events can get pretty aggressive. Kind of like sparring!

I don't think we will have much time to go either. The weekend will be pretty packed with training, and talking about training!

Marty

Posted on: 2008/5/15 6:45

Village Old Timer
From Dayton, Ohio
Group:
Well 08.08.08 is coming up fast…

The response has been great. We have committed to limiting the size of the participation at 120. It filled up very fast and we also have a waiting list of people eager to attend if the original folks can’t make it.

There are a few folks who responded early but recent or subsequent communications have bounced back or been unanswered. We want to make sure you are or are not going to come.

From Monroe Michigan.. Chris Griffin, David Thompson, Mark Baran, and Dean Houser.

From Menomonie Wisconsin, Kent Bergstrom.

From Highland Indiana, Robert Krucek.

Please contact me at Mrdunsky@aol.com or the Taikai website.

A little more patience everyone, it is going to be great!

Marty

Posted on: 2008/7/11 8:17

Village Old Timer
From Dayton, Ohio
Group:
08/08/08

It's here. I have to confess I have been more than a bit distracted by preparing for this meeting. Soke's powers span the globe as we have extremely unseasonable clear sunny skys, cool mid 70 weather. Now it is all up to the Attendees to make this a great experience. Frankly I don't see how it can't be!

I'll give you a brief report when we are done!

Marty

Posted on: 2008/8/8 22:34

Village Old Timer
From Dayton, Ohio
Group:
Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!

To all who participated in the Taikai, Thank YOU! The cooperation and energy given to training over the weekend was overwhelming. I hope we can keep this positive feeling of Budo camaraderie all year long - and through w next year's meeting hosted by Ethan Capers!!

Markk Bush has asked me to write a review of the event for his magazine. I will not attempt to review here, but I will say that the goal of finding disparate opinions and training practices was achieved. There were no negative comments during or after training. The planned discussion session was as successful as I hoped it would be. I think everyone found someone new to call a teacher, friend, and training partner.

Sorry to Gush! - But you should have heard me at the end of the seminar!

Marty

Posted on: 2008/8/11 10:39

Honorary Villager
From Blountville, Tennessee
Group:
Midwest Tai Kai,

I just wanted to say thank you to Dr. & Mrs. Dunsky, Jeff Ochester, the instructors, the Dayton Bujinkan Dojo and all the Tai Kai staff. The seminar was a great success. They spent alot of their ENERGY, TIME & MONEY to put this event on, and it showed. Again, thank you for a wonderful event.

P.S. Have fun with the Nyoi Bo!

Posted on: 2008/8/11 12:01

"To secure peace is to prepare for war."
- Carl Von Clausewitz

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level of our training."

Honorary Villager
From Dayton, Ohio USA
Group:
For those interested, photos from the 2008 Midwest Bujinkan Tai Kai have been to the website at www.midwestbujinkantaikai.org More than 120 people attended the event. Logistics for a 2009 event are currently being discussed for somewhere in middle America….

For those who could not come to this Midwest-based event, be sure to search out other events similar to it. From the USA Tai Kai in Atlanta to the Bufest events in Illinois, there are lots of opportunities to train with different Shidoshi Kai instructors from across the US. Although I no longer live on the East coast, I am sure folks are holding multiple-instructor events on both the East and West coast. It is a great way to expand your understanding of concepts, and bring them back to your dojo for further training.

The Midwest Bujinkan Tai Kai was all about working as a Bujinkan Community, and it worked. I am sure wherever your area of training, be it the US or another country, there are folks reproducing the same concept. Find out who they are, get involved, and enjoy! It's a great way to expand your training and evolve your taijutsu.

Posted on: 2008/8/12 5:38

Jeff Ochester
Dayton Bujinkan Dojo
www.daytonbujinkan.com

Frequent Visitor
From Cleves, OH
Group:
I wanted to express my thanks and gratitude to all of the teachers and assistant's for showing us their budo, and for all of the budoka that showed up and made this such a great event. With so many people in what I used to think of as too much training space, things went smoothly.

Thank you Marty, Jeff, Kevin, Larry, Jess, Tim, Beth & Jay, Ethan, Patrick, Bob, Mike, Gabe, Jerry, Pam and Alan for more food for thought than my mind could digest.* I now have more to work on than I think I have time to do it in, but I'll sure as hell try. Thank you, truly!

*If I left any of the instructors that I had the pleasure to train with, it's not because I forget, it's because I'm still too jacked with information to digest! Thanks again!

Posted on: 2008/8/14 13:19

Patrick McCorkhill

« 1 (2) 3 »

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor