Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Socialize

Recent Topics

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic  Topic is Locked

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 »

Re: www.Bu-Tube.com (Bujinkan Media Sharing Community)
Cant Stay Offline
From Hamina, Finland
Group:
村民 :: Villager
議長 :: Mod
師導士会 :: Shidoshikai
Quote:

Papa-san wrote:
Billy made some excellent points! We can not avoid technology or turn back the clock. We must always live in our world now. Tool are just tools and can be used as stated, for good or for bad. It is our choice, but the tools are still there and won't go away. I applaud Billy for trying to use this tool, the internet, for a positive end. I hope it goes well Billy!

Was reminded about the notification:

Quote:
As the proverb goes, "The road to hell is paved with good intentions." For example, you can disgrace the Bujinkan with the opposite intention. We have to be very careful about this type of Kyojitsu that is found everywhere in our life.

EDIT typo

Posted on: 2008/6/13 21:48
(Bujinkan Budōka since 1985)
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Honorary Villager
Group:
Quote:
Yotsume wrote: Hatsumi Sensei is very against forum sites and the like.

What I meant by this is rather straight forward. I have been in conversations with Hatsumi Sensei directly in Japan where he said he did not like open forum sites because it promoted more bickering between people rather then anything else. He quoted specific threads that were heated that used to be on E-budo. It was obvious that he had people report to him specific issues that were going down online. I'm sure others in Japan can add to this as well much better then I can. Again for me, a tool like a forum can be used in a good way or done poorly....

Quote:
As the proverb goes, "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

....Just saying that the road to hell is paved with good intentions is a sad statement to live by. To not try and create positive outlets in life because of that saying would be a strange way to live. Wouldn't the road to paradise also be paved with the same good intentions?

Anyway, so far I do not see how Bu-Tube is in any way representing the Bujinkan is a bad way. All members of Bu-Tube have a say in it's development and in it's content control.

Ok enough of the negative... Bu-Tube soon will be updated to the latest version of the software which powers it. This upgrade will bring even more security features. The need to have a general username and password will no longer be needed. To see the content of the site you will have to be a registered member. I am working with the software developers to make features that better fit the needs of a secure members only site.

Also, there will be a feature where you can upload MP3 (sound files) that are used in "podcasting". So if you have a Bujinkan related podcast you will be able to upload these files as well and share them.

The new upgrade will also allow you to quickly change the entire language interface of the site to your native language. So Bu-Tube will be available in your language soon. You will be able to access the languages in a drop down menu.

So again I will try and ask everyone to give Bu-Tube a try first before we all condemn it. A goal is achieved by taking steps forward...

Posted on: 2008/6/14 12:14

Cant Stay Offline
From Hamina, Finland
Group:
議長 :: Mod
師導士会 :: Shidoshikai
Quote:

Yotsume wrote:
Quote:
Yotsume wrote: Hatsumi Sensei is very against forum sites and the like.

What I meant by this is rather straight forward. I have been in conversations with Hatsumi Sensei directly in Japan where he said he did not like open forum sites because it promoted more bickering between people rather then anything else.

Thank you, that cleared the statement - and made it a bit different, too, don't you agree...?

Quote:

Yotsume wrote:
Quote:
As the proverb goes, "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

....Just saying that the road to hell is paved with good intentions is a sad statement to live by. To not try and create positive outlets in life because of that saying would be a strange way to live. Wouldn't the road to paradise also be paved with the same good intentions?

Possibly so, it depends on... many things. Like writing here - on an open forum - might be bad or good, depending how you phrase your words, how you present yourself.

But, keep on going with your site, I see it as a good effort to clear some of the hazier things like in YouTube et al

Posted on: 2008/6/14 14:51
(Bujinkan Budōka since 1985)

REQUEST BU-TUBE CHANNEL
Honorary Villager
Group:
The real success of Bu-Tube is found here:

http://www.yotsumedojo.com/butube/request/

The more Dojos around the globe sign up for a channel to upload clips the better Bu-Tube will become.

I do understand there are some people due to the nature of their jobs will not be posting video of themselves on the internet no matter what level of security maybe in place. For example those with high level government positions.

So the "Bu-Tube Beta Test" continues with wonderful feedback so far from many people. Again, most of the feedback I have received has been what I consider good (which includes both for and against concepts). Just because I myself do not believe multimedia dilutes real training in a Dojo does not mean I am not listening to all the feedback that has been given to me here both in this forum and sent to me personally. With the feedback from around the world coming in I am able to make a better Bu-Tube site that includes everyones suggestions.

Question for everyone... Does the sharing of video clips constitute "spoon feeding"?

Posted on: 2008/6/14 21:05

Re: REQUEST BU-TUBE CHANNEL
Villager
From Maryland, USA
Group:
Hello Bill,

I don't think sharing videos could be considered as "spoon feeding" at all. Like Bill and many others have stated, these videos should be just for reference and for the most part are snap shots of how the subject was done at that specific time.

Plus many others already agree you can't really grasp what we are doing by watching videos.

I don't even understand why most of this post has gone this long (other than updates, lol). I have known and trained with Billy since 1988. The one thing I know about him is that he has a very agressive passion in representing the Bujinkan in the best way possible. This representation does not appear in my little mind as ego centric or as some show.

I think he has determined a way he is able to contribute in a private manner for those who would like to share in private. Hey wait a minute, he is not even asking you for money he must be crazy, ne?

Gassho,

Lee

Posted on: 2008/6/15 6:51

For every one hundred shots, one hundred hits!

Proverb for wishing one ultimate success.

Lee Relf

Occasional Visitor
From Berlin, Germany
Group:
[quote=BuTube]Do not share the content of Bu-Tube.com on any other website. If we find Bu-Tube content on another site that content and member will be deleted.[/quote]

Quote:
2. AUTOMATIC WATERMARK: Include an automatic watermark on all uploaded videos
with a Bu-Tube logo. It is a site rule that what is uploaded on Bu-Tube
stays on Bu-Tube and is not downloaded and uploaded to another location.
Doing so will result in the content and parties involved being
banned, crushed, killed, and destroyed!

Posted on: 2008/7/25 15:27

Bu-Tube.com Site Update
Honorary Villager
Group:
I will be upgrading the Bu-Tube site very soon to improve features, speed, and add a multi-language interface.

You will be able to select from 10 different languages. All the menus and text will then change into your desired language for ease of use.

Keep those member registrations coming!

Posted on: 2008/7/26 8:04

Honorary Villager
Group:
Bu-Tube Closing Down

I have decided to close down the Bu-Tube project and website. I wanted the site to be something all of the Bujinkan could use and share together. Many people just do not think Bu-Tube is a good idea. Rather than continue the project and try to explain and defend my good intentions to people, I have decided that my time and effort will be better spent elsewhere.

I wanted to thank the people who have shown their support for the Bu-Tube project. I think overall a site like Bu-Tube which is geared all towards the sharing of martial arts could have been a good thing when monitored correctly.

I was just about to upgrade Bu-Tube with more features and security... However, It is not worth my effort to do a good thing when so many feel it's wrong.

Bufu Ikkan!

Posted on: 2008/8/3 6:52

Deleted_
Congratulations on making the right choice.

Posted on: 2008/8/3 10:13

Honorary Villager
Group:
Congratulations on being a coward and being deleted! Jerks like this ruin the Bujinkan!

Posted on: 2008/8/3 13:25

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 »

Topic is Locked

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor