fskopfpatro
Anyone tried Rosetta Stone? 20 2017/12/10 13:18
fskopfpatro
BladesPro 14 2017/12/9 17:45
fskopfpatro

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic  Topic is Locked

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 7 »

Re: www.Bu-Tube.com (Bujinkan Media Sharing Community)
Honorary Villager
Group:
村民 :: Villager
Since I have made Bu-Tube.com now for my Dojo only you can check out a demo of this here:

ClipShare Pro
http://www.clip-share.com/product/demo/

Before YouTube was sold to Google the code was released to the public where a number of companies took the code and further developed it.

I am working closely with the ClipShare company to develop the code to fit my needs (security).

Posted on: 2008/5/22 22:59
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Active Kutakian
Group:
As long as the people being on the video clips approve of them being shared on internet I think it is ok.

But putting up videos of instructors or people who doesn't know or have a chance to say no is not fair. For example some of the Shihan in Japan has allowed filming on the trainings before, now it is not allowed anymore! Because some idiot took the liberty posting video clips on Youtube without asking if it was ok.

Legally you can do what you want with your own material, morally it is wrong to the people involved if they don't want to be on Youtube or anywhere on Internet for everybody to see.

Posted on: 2008/5/22 23:55

8t Mats Hjelm
Classes in Stockholm, Sweden

Deleted_
I think it is a bad idea personally... aren't there enough repositories for all of these horrible videos?

Regardless if you go through with it I think Mats' concern is well founded. How would you address people uploading things that aren't really theirs to share?

Posted on: 2008/5/23 1:11

Frequent Visitor
From Passaic County, NJ
Group:
In my opinion, I think it's a great idea and I wouldn't listen to any of the negative comments being made about the idea.

If certain individuals decide to break the law or do things that are morally incorrect then that's their fault and not yours or the web site.

A site like that has (in my opinion) more positive attributes then negative ones.

Good luck with it.

Posted on: 2008/5/23 1:45

Mike Reina
Bujinkan Bukeyashiki Dojo
http://bukeyashikidojo.com

Kutaki Postmaster
From West of you , but East of San Francisco
Group:
It may not be your fault but you might get to reap the crap for their actions, as said before about posting of things that dont belong to the poster. Maybe make a list of the pro's and the cons and then do the math once their all laid out.

Pro's:

1. Reminder for the people who were at the filming, usually at a class, of the lesson. This can be very helpfull.

2. For those in the video, to be able to see themselves for self improvement.

3. Letting other people in the community see what is going on in other necks of the woods. This is less of a practical pro.

4. Providing different perspectives on same topics. But this would probably require explanations with the videos.

More anybody?.....

Con's:

1. Uploading of others videos without consent.

2. Videos taken out of context.

3. Theft of videos by downloading and then third party propagation

4. Some things meant to be private end up on the internet.

5. Effects of public image of the Bujinkan, particularly in the martial arts community, as this is very important to a lot of people.

I'm sure there are more for both. As a tool for just your dojo, kept private and membership easily controlled and actions trackable, this could be awsome and most (not all)of the cons can be addressed easily. If made public for all the bujinkan, your ability to control or regulate becomes less and less with more users, i would imagine. Just be sure not to screw yourself out of something that might be helpfull because if others might screw it up, but at the same time, don't make yourself to vulnerable and easy to screw in an attempt to do something helpfull for everyone else, because then you need help and can;t help anyone and are denying them your future help, and thats selfish, haha. Somewhere theres got to be some middle ground that reasonably protects those that chose to participate, as well as those that don't choose to, and also protects against those that want to use this to screw others.

Probably the safest bet is to keep it private in house, and if others want to participate let them approach you. then you can really regulate what goes on. It seems there are other ways to achieve the pro's without allowing the cons to rear their heads.

Is the goal to make this website or to achieve the pro's that the website would foster. If the former, then the decision is made. If the latter, then maybe consider alternative manners in which to achive them that don't allow for the cons that are seem to be inherent to the website, and maybe some solutions will present themselves.

~juan

z
a
zuet
a

Posted on: 2008/5/23 3:47

Deleted_
I like the idea. Youtube has way to much crap and repeats and if it's going to be MA specific with some dedicated guys keeping it organized I think it will work fine.

Don't worry about the guys whining about it man, you have a good idea, you have the passion and resources to do it so just do it.

Posted on: 2008/5/23 3:53

Kutaki Postmaster
From West of you , but East of San Francisco
Group:
Good point, don't worry about the guys whining about it, because they are trying to help you prevent future problems. Worry about the people saying don't worry about it, because they probably don't appreciate the reasons you asked others opinions about this to begin with. heehee. Good intentions without proper consideration and preparation, sometimes not so good.
~juan

z
az
ue
ta

Posted on: 2008/5/23 4:12

Honorary Villager
Group:
I will try and respond to the latest post here tonight. I must say its important to listen to all comments and I do not view them as positive or negative actually. The only post so far I see as negative is saying all the videos are crap. LOL This is silly! Wow imagine videos of honest people sharing as they develop from "crap" to something more...

Or you can have Bujinkan videos lost in the YouTube mess mixed together with Choshin Ninja! LOL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdLCEwEFCMU

Hmmm a secure site for Bujinkan members only to share together... It is not impossible to pull off and make it secure. No one has done it before! It is as easy to moderate as a well designed forum ;)

Bu-Tube is owned and moderated by me (aka a Bujinkan member unlike YoiuTube). We as a whole community have a say here unlike YouTube. The videos uploaded have rules: They have to be of YOUR training.

It is very easy to prevent nasty comments on the site. The owner of posted videos has the option to click a delete button they can only see for their videos. Each video poster can delete whatever comments they feel are out of line. This is already a feature of the site. Also the admin (me) has the ability as well. It is easy to prevent people from embedding the videos in other sites. The whole site now has a master username and password to enter it. This is temporary as I make the site members only viewable.

Again, later tonight I will try and respond to the new posts here. Please keep them coming. I respect everyones input. Please stop viewing the feedback as positive or negative. Also, I feel its important to also hold the view that there are very talented martial artists all around the world and some very scary people with a lot of real life experience.

Ok more later... If you want access to Bu-Tube.com you will have to e-mail me privately and explain why.

NOTE: There will be very clear Terms of Use written as rules all members of the site must follow. Break the terms and get the boot...

Posted on: 2008/5/23 4:26

Village Old Timer
From Dayton, Ohio
Group:
Quote:

Boggs wrote:
I like the idea. Youtube has way to much crap and repeats and if it's going to be MA specific with some dedicated guys keeping it organized I think it will work fine.

"No, really, the grass near the woods is the sweetest" said the wolf to the sheep.

Marty

Posted on: 2008/5/23 6:04

Honorary Villager
Group:
So it is actually rather easy to regulate what goes up on the site. The idea is to have a channel that represents a dojo. So the videos would be training at that dojo. The members of that dojo with the permission of the teacher from that dojo could decide to upload clips from their training. Not clips from training in Japan, not clips of other people or from other arts. Also, if a dojo was hosting a seminar they could make a clip to advertise the seminar to help announce the seminar similar to the flash banners at the top of this forum site. Video announcements from various Dojos are already done on YouTube to announce seminars or announce the selling of a video. Again, one website that we as a community can control.

It is easy to hit a delete button when that is an option. (not possible on YouTube) We as Bujinkan members are not in control of YouTube. As for the public eye and the Bujinkan the site will be Bujinkan members only and not viewable without being registered and approved. This process is not hard at all. Most forum software comes with a very extensive "permission system" to allow or deny access to areas of the site.

The problem would be making sure that only Bujinkan members have access to the site or what is uploaded to the site stays on the site and not show up on other websites. This point is why I have decided to make Bu-Tube more of an in-house feature for my own website only.

It is very easy to control what goes up on the site. Preventing the content from being downloaded and re-uploaded onto another site is almost impossible to prevent. Again, great feedback I received in private emails. With Bu-Tube being for my Dojo only this becomes much less of a problem.

It is not my intention to make any problem for the Bujinkan in any way at all. I still feel it would be amazing if established Bujinkan Dojos from around the globe had a secure site to easily share clips.

Someone posted that I simply ignore the people "whining" about the idea of Bu-Tube. I am sorry but this is not a healthy thing to do for the betterment of the Bujinkan as a community. Most of the people posting here I have met in Japan or at other locations and I respect and value their input greatly.

I like the post with the pros vs. cons. A number of the cons must be addressed by a Dojo which chooses to participate in Bu-Tube. Each Dojo again with their own Channel where they upload approved video clips. If you find a video that was not approved in your Channel you have the ability to delete it or request it be removed.

So a private Bujinkan registered members only site where you must request to have a dojo channel. A system of communication with that dojo makes it easy to regulate the site.

I hope I am not repeating myself too much here. I will be away for just over a month. When I return I will be making the site registered Bujinkan members only. For security the site will require a username and password to even view it at all. In the near future You will only be able to view the homepage of the site that will have the rules of the site and how to register much like my private Dojo forum here:

http://www.yotsumedojo.com/forum/

You cannot access any portion of my forum. You must register first, plus that registration must be approved before any content inside the site becomes viewable. You cannot directly link to any files on my site or videos. You would be prompted with login information.

This brings us to another uncontrollable problem. People giving out their login information to others. Again, another un-controllable point of concern.

Posted on: 2008/5/23 12:30

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 7 »

Topic is Locked

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor