Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Socialize

Recent Topics

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic  Topic is Locked

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 7 »

Re: www.Bu-Tube.com (Bujinkan Media Sharing Community)
Permanent Village Fixture
From Austin,TX
Group:
村民 :: Villager
Interesting point: being able to post videos of sparring or fighting with practicioners of other styles in what might be a more productive environment.

Of course to do that people would have to be unafraid of losing.

I've got more than a couple of videos I'd think about posting on your website.

Posted on: 2008/5/23 14:14

Please be careful not to have preconceptions, and to always remember the idea of truth-and-falsehood.
-- Hatsum
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Just Passing Through
From Oro Valley, Arizona
Group:
I see several benefits to this type of site with controlled access.

#1. It gives me a chance to see what extremely talented people are doing, so that we can explore the same things in our dojo. This is the good part of community. I am not talking about 10 year judan wonders, or people that want to control what we do - I am talking about 20+ year practitioners who spend a lot of time close to the Japanese shihan, and who honestly want to help us or inspire us. For example, on our Arizona forum, we saw some of the unique taihenjutsu work going on in South America; we worked on it in class as best we could and it helped our taijutsu as well as helping us see its tactical benefit.

#2. It gives our friends on the forum whom I respect and admire a chance to see what we are doing with our approach to training.

#3. There can be a genuinely healthy type of information sharing. For example, I recently completed a 10 year project on an essay on the hiken juroppo. The forum gave me a chance to share that with friends in a positive fashion. They could take it or leave it. Also, I completed a long term project on tobijutsu, and posted a pdf about our studies, our training, our insights and our ideas about the topic. My private work on the Ten Chi Jin Ryaku No Maki was appreciated by many, and I was the recipient of excellent information, insights, and ideas.

Those are my thoughts

Stu Klemm
Bujinkan Abi Dojo Oro Valley Shibu

Posted on: 2008/5/23 14:20

Honorary Villager
Group:
Access to Bu-Tube.com

If you want your Dojo to have access to Bu-Tube.com you will need to email me at: info@bu-tube.com

Email me the following information:
  1. Give me your real first and last name.
  2. Give me your Dojo name.
  3. Give me your Dojo location.
  4. Give me your current Bujinkan rank.
  5. If you want your Dojo to have its own Channel please give me the Channel name and send me a photo to represent your Dojo channel.
  6. All those who register must complete their profiles and upload an avatar image to represent themselves. (if you do not complete your profile and upload an image your account will be deleted.)
  7. Any videos you upload must go into your Dojo Channel and be of your own training.
  8. Do not post videos of other people training.
  9. You can make a video ad for your dojo or seminars and events that you are hosting at your dojo.
If you break these simple rules your channel will be deleted and you will be banned from using the site.

If you are a member of a Dojo that already has a channel give me the Dojo channel name.

Do not share the content of Bu-Tube.com on any other website. If we find Bu-Tube content on another site that content and member will be deleted.

If you make a comment on a video make it positive constructive feedback only or your comment will be deleted and you will receive one warning only!

Let's call this a beta test for secured Bujinkan Share-Jutsu.

Bufu Ikkan!

Posted on: 2008/5/23 14:27

Villager
From Dingle, Co Kerry
Group:
You got all of these official videos already....

1.Daikomyosai DVD's
2.Quest Bujinkan Ryuha/Weapons DVD's
3.Hikan Densho
4.Shihan Seminar DVD's(e.g. Peter King, SvenEric, Arnaud, Pedro, Oz Taikai, Us Taikai etc)

+ bits and bob of old footage of Soke and the Shihan scattered around the web.

So why would I want to see Tod from South Carolina fumble with a sword or Pierre from Strasborg spar with a muay thai guy?

Not convnced at all. Just because you can do something - doesn't mean you should.

Posted on: 2008/5/23 18:56

村長 :: Sonchou
From Chiba, Japan
Group:
村長 :: Admin
Are copyrighted Quest DVD's allowed to be shared on a website, even if access to that site is restricted by the site owner? This is an important issue.

Shawn

Posted on: 2008/5/23 19:37

Honorary Villager
From Dublin
Group:
Quote:

g'inger wrote:

So why would I want to see Tod from South Carolina fumble with a sword or Pierre from Strasborg spar with a muay thai guy?

To be honest I would be interested to see that. You can learn from their mistakes too.

And as for sparing with a muay thai guy... That is interesting as well.

It is always good to see how people perform when they are crippled or under restrictions and pressure (in sparring the crippling comes from the rules, in real life it comes from injuries/obstacles that will limit your ability to lift you hand/leg, movement etc.. thus limiting your what you can or can't do)

Posted on: 2008/5/23 19:54

Honorary Villager
Group:
The Bujinkan is a global community and a martial family no matter how hard others may try to keep people separated. If anyone feels that "bob" from xDojo fumbling with his Kihon is not for you then please do NOT e-mail me to register and you will never have to see real people training hard to actually get better.

Your Dojo - Your Channel - One Location to "Share" media with others. You know also again there are many great martial artist training with better skills then the fumbling "Bob" screwing up. All are welcome on Bu-Tube to share. This includes all teachers from all countries. Sharing is a choice. If you want to do it then you do it. If you don't want to do it then please move out of the way because the community of the Bujinkan all over the world is important to foster so we all can grow strong together from each others knowledge.

MODERATOR HELP:
Is there a way to make a sticky of my post with how to register on Bu-Tube and the basic rules I posted? I would like that post to now be the first post in this thread? (I would also like to be able to edit that post to be able to update it with better rules from time to time)

Bu-Tube will NOT allow any illegal videos to be posted. All videos must be of YOUR training and from YOUR Dojo, with permission from the head of that Dojo!

Posted on: 2008/5/24 2:47

Permanent Village Fixture
From Cupertino, CA
Group:
I really like the concept of Bu-Tube. Excellent idea and the software running the site seems to be of good quality! I am very grateful to Mr. Ristuccia for taking the initiative and spending a lot of valuable time on this project.

Sensei places a lot of emphasis on building a community and this step goes a long way with that flow. I have a feeling that it will really help people know each other better and form bonds. Times are changing and we have to keep learning how to use modern means (and weapons) to the advantage of our community.

When I read about Bu-Tube first, I had a lot of thoughts but most of them were already posted by others posting here. The most important problem is addressed - making the site not-so-public, especially it should not be google-searchable.

With the permission of my teacher i have been taking videos of our classes for some time and posting clips on our group's website. We have found this very helpful. The problem with posting of bujinkan videos is that most of the things happen in context that is not easy to catch on tape. So the videos I have are mostly for the people who were at the class to "re-run" the lesson. However, I managed to shoot some parts of those videos so that they have more "context-free" layer as well. This is a skill that takes time to develop. Also, I remember Sensei saying that only a true budoka can shoot a good budo video.

As for controlling the posting of the content outside, well there might be a way I would like to suggest but it may take some technical work. I will send you a PM later tonight with my suggestion.

peace
mn

Posted on: 2008/5/24 4:15

Honorary Villager
Group:
Bu-Tube will be undergoing work in the next month so please expect the site will go online and off line at times as I do this work. Right now parts of the site are on and other parts off. (If you get an error message know that it is me working on the site)

If anyone wants to directly contact me I would rather recieve that communication at: info@bu-tube.com

The changes I am making to the site are all security related making the site members only. The site content will not show up on google at all once the full security is in place.

To not get to ahead of myself here I will NOT let any new members register until the site security is fully operational.

Posted on: 2008/5/24 6:23

Honorary Villager
Group:
Bu-Tube.com Registrations Are Open!

It is ok for people to register on Bu-Tube.com now. Again you will first have to email me for a generic username and password before you can enter the site. Email me at: info@bu-tube.com

This generic username and password is only a temporary thing as again over the next month I make a new homepage that is ok for the public to view that does not have any of the private content visible. In the near future the site will be for registered members only.

Enjoy the site and feel free to spread the word about Bu-Tube.com.

I will be making a better signup form as well which will collect basic information for each member at the time of their registration.

I would like to ask Bujinkan members from other countries to help translate the Bu-Tube.com rules into other languages. I will post a link to the rules file soon.

Let's all help together make Bu-Tube.com something positive for all of the Bujinkan everywhere!

BUFU IKKAN!

Posted on: 2008/5/25 2:24

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 7 »

Topic is Locked

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor