Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic  Topic is Locked

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 7 »

Re: Togakushi's Own Shidoshi
Villager
From 戸隠とグァム
Group:
村民 :: Villager
Don't even begin to play Jacobite Court Justice. I am avoiding your questions to be sure. Not for the reasons you have formed in your head. That goes for you too, Dale. Quit interrogating me, a lowly student, and get on the phone with Hatsumi Sensei to ask about Matsuhashi Sensei. You've got yer nice little buddybuddy photo with him right? Give him a call. I've told you a bit of info, and you've started some weird courtroom drama for yourselves at mine and Matsuhashi Sensei's expense.

Let's treat each other with a smidgin of respect on this forum, shall we?

Posted on: 2008/7/23 19:10

Permanent Village Fixture
Group:
OK, I believe respect goes both ways. I think the problem is you are coming on a forum advertising or inviting people to experience training with Mr. Matsuhashi. You told us how great he is. How skilled he is. You have also talked about how good he is at beating the crap out of you and the other student. Why ask Hatsumi Sensei when we can ask the person directly? In this case it is you since Mr. Matsuhashi has asked you to bring more students to his dojo. And the questions we have asked are not out of line or too personal. These are the basic questions people ask when thinking of joining any dojo.

Yet, you don't respect anyone enough to answer maybe the most important questions concerning you or your teacher. Which in all honesty should be the simpliest to answer. You are openly admitting to avoiding these questions. That by itself implies you or Mr. Matsuhashi has something to hide. Which means people will be less likely to trust only your word. By your own doing you are discrediting Mr. Matsuhashi.

Your rank in this matter is irrelevent. Your actions I believe are.

Posted on: 2008/7/23 19:57
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Kutaki Postmaster
From Dublin, Ireland
Group:
Matsuhashi Sensei took part in the embu at Togakushi last year in front of Hatsumi Soke so he obviously knows who he is. I’d say it’s equally obvious this gentleman hasn’t been training regularly with Soke over the years - I’ve never heard of him coming to Daikomyosai or attending training in Noda, but of course, that may have happened and I wouldn't necessarily know about it.

(That said, there are other long-time long-distance shihan, such as Kan Sensei or Sakaguchi Sensei who occasionally make it down.)

But does that really matter? Togakushi is a very long way from Tokyo and Noda, and it costs a lot to drive or take the train down, so it would take a lot of dedication to maintain a long term training regime. Not impossible, but not easy either.

I think it’s nice that there is Bujinkan training available to people who visit Togakushi. Perhaps the influx of Bujinkan members who came up for the embu has re-invigorated training in the area. Either way, it's probably a good thing.

Posted on: 2008/7/23 20:10

Permanent Village Fixture
Group:
Your points are valid Cuchulain. I took that into consideration that is why there was no focus on frequency. Nor did I disbelieve his relationship or knowing Hatsumi Sensei. I have met people who have never come to Japan or seen Hatsumi sensei live. They can still describe the training at their dojo. They can describe how long they have been training within the Bujinkan. They can also talk about previous training experiences. I don't see why they can't especially if they are recruiting. It sounds like an infomercial.

Posted on: 2008/7/23 20:32

Villager
From 戸隠とグァム
Group:
Did you read the sentence I wrote about his lessons being free of charge? And I said nothing of how great he was etc. Every forum has its wind-up man, and you're it. Don't bring us into your pathology, mate.

"I think the problem is you are coming on a forum advertising or inviting people to experience training with Mr. Matsuhashi. "...Jwills

Posted on: 2008/7/23 21:39

Kutaki Postmaster
From Dublin, Ireland
Group:
Well, as I said, It think it's good that there is Bujinkan training in Togakushi.

Whether Mr Matsuhashi charges a fee or not is not important. The only important thing is that if Mr Matsuhashi is teaching Bujinkan Budo then he should be a member of the Bujinkan Dojo and pay his shidoshi-kai fees like everyone else.

If he has done those things, then it really doesn't matter what anyone writes here. If he hasn't, then he shouldn't be teaching under the Bujinkan name, regardless of whether he charges money for it or not.

Posted on: 2008/7/23 22:10

Active Kutakian
Group:
Quote:

Takajo wrote:
Did you read the sentence I wrote about his lessons being free of charge?

Quote:

Takajo wrote:
Just give me a call or text before coming up (whether yer alone or how many in yer group). Sunday nights from 8pm to 11. I'll put you up for 25% off if you're Bujinkan.
Otherwise stay where you'd like and meet me at the Yamaguchi-Ya Soba parking lot at 8pm (but call so I can direct you to the dojo).

His regular sunday night instruction/keiko is free of charge as always.

please be clear on what you type.

Quote:

Takajo wrote:
And I said nothing of how great he was etc.

and this is not an accurate description of his qualities?

Quote:

Takajo wrote:
He's just as fun in real life (and just as violent:)

Quote:

Takajo wrote:
Every forum has its wind-up man, and you're it. Don't bring us into your pathology, mate.

and that goes against

Quote:

Takajo wrote:
Let's treat each other with a smidgin of respect on this forum, shall we?

your posts indicate a lack of congruence. coupled with your words:
Quote:

Takajo wrote:
He teaches fast-kill no-nonsense moves. A few gasshuku this summer if you're interested.

to tell the truth, i would have a hard time believing that training with Matsuhashi Sensei would be good IF i just relied on your words. thanks for the vid, though. because of that i would like to train with him.

this thread reminded me of the other bjk-only newsletter thread. the guy got hit for his policy, put up his rationales, made it clear and open; and that made it acceptable. so unlike this...

Posted on: 2008/7/23 22:11

"Don't ask me. I need time to practice rather than answering to it." - Harada Masanori

just playing the ONI's advocate!

Village Old Timer
From San Francisco, California, USA
Group:
Quote:

Cuchulain wrote:
Whether Mr Matsuhashi charges a fee or not is not important. The only important thing is that if Mr Matsuhashi is teaching Bujinkan Budo then he should be a member of the Bujinkan Dojo and pay his shidoshi-kai fees like everyone else.

If he has done those things, then it really doesn't matter what anyone writes here. If he hasn't, then he shouldn't be teaching under the Bujinkan name, regardless of whether he charges money for it or not.

I totally agree.

Quote:

Takajo wrote:
Quit interrogating me, a lowly student, and get on the phone with Hatsumi Sensei to ask about Matsuhashi Sensei.

Unfortunately you didn't start the thread until the day after I returned from my most recent trip or I'd have simply asked him directly at class. However, I'm sure there is someone on this forum who can do so.

Quote:

Takajo wrote:
I am avoiding your questions to be sure. Not for the reasons you have formed in your head. That goes for you too, Dale.

Might the reason be that you feel that Mr. Matsuhashi's status as a Bujinkan instructor (or not) is irrelevant to the discussion even though your thread title refers to him as a shidoshi (a Bujinkan-specific term)?

Posted on: 2008/7/24 4:16

Villager
From 戸隠とグァム
Group:
I forgot how much malice us Westerners carry around with us.
That is why I refuse to answer your questions, not some clandestine thing I'm trying to hide.
I've never seen adults behave like kids so much as on this thread. Take a chill pill and ask someone else if you're interested.

Cheers,
Takajo

Posted on: 2008/7/24 8:08

Village Old Timer
From San Francisco, California, USA
Group:
Since I began training in the Bujinkan going on a quarter-century ago now. . .and still train in the Bujinkan. . .and had never previously heard of this gentleman, I think it's only natural that I might wonder just what his relationship to the Bujinkan is. Simple enough, it seems to me. And it shouldn't be a big deal to answer.

Quote:

Takajo wrote:
. . .ask someone else if you're interested.

Your evasive and defensive attitude has interested me in doing just that. There are those I can ask who will know.

Posted on: 2008/7/24 10:07

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 7 »

Topic is Locked

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor