Socialize

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Questions And Guidance Please
Village Old Timer
From Dayton, Ohio
Group:
村民 :: Villager
Here is a useless response to your inquiry that you may smile about later on.

To paraphrase the Supreme's

You cant hurry budo
No, you just have to wait
She said budo dont come easy
Its a game of give and take

In other words, Gambatte.

Marty

Posted on: 2008/9/12 7:23

Occasional Visitor
Group:
Thanks to everyone for their help. I have decided to stay on the path of the Bujinkan and will join a school as soon as it is possible.

Quote:
- forget about ranking, everyday focus on becoming a better human being than you were yesterday. our progress is the only reference point; do not compare yourself to others to rank yourself - this is a trap (that you can learn to use against your enemies but not against yourself).

Thanks for your response as well some of the things pointed out; I already understood a few things pointed out by people on here and the above is something that I already practice with regards to becoming a better human being everyday and not worrying about rank. Rank is not what concerns me learning the knowledge I seek and mastering that knowledge is. I quit thinking about rank when I was in 8th grade reading books like the Tao Of Jeet Kune Do by Bruce Lee.

Again thanks to everyone for taking some time out to help me make a decision. Ultimately I think the decision was made long ago...I was just tempted by the Genbukan's pretty Ninja imagery. I have been reading Ninpo Secrets for the past week and it was more information than I had found in any other resource, so it kind of persuaded me to come to the things I was reconsidering. Given the fact that I had a weird feeling or felt wrong about joining Genbukan I knew I would ultimately end up wanting to join the Bujinkan I just wanted to be sure Hatsumi was still teaching complete Ninja arts. An yes I know how the system works it is more than just Ninpo traditions and I know they are equally as important. For anyone who was maybe about to mention any of the 6 samurai traditions. No explanation needed.

oops, I forgot one thing. Regarding the Ninja Seishin are we allowed to learn this and recite this at Bujinkan dojos? (even to ourselves) What was this originally anyway? I saw somewhere on the net long ago where someone mentioned it was a poem written by Takamatsu Sensei. I only ask because it's something I had been working on learning. I know you don't NEED it to train etc. But I like it, it's kind of like a mental or spiritual aid to me, before I begin practicing. Also in the Bujinkan what does the Kama Dana represent or what is it used for? I know the Genbukan's definition of it but is this the same in the Bujinkan or does it represent something else entirely. Or perhaps I should just ask what does the Kama Dana represent for the Bujinkan?

Again thanks to everyone.
Papa-San I have sent you a pm (if I did it right) and look forward to a response. The matter you spoke of is still something of interest to me. I understand it's a big issue on discussion boards and in general so I will keep the matter private.

Posted on: 2008/9/12 8:05
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Just Passing Through
From Las Vegas, Nevada
Group:
i totally agree with the QUOTE. me personally, for so long, i've been caught with being a 9th-kyu FOREVER, but NOW, i seen thats my hinderance: to feek the need to catch up with other higher-ups. in my dojo, me along with 2 other guys are the only ones still in our kyu's, & the rest of the 7 students there are all SHODAN. i've learned to just focus on my own path & progess, & achievement & perserverance will surey follow. i'm 34, got ALOT to still learn. even if it takes me a lifetime, i'm willing to do so. i extend the invitation of ALL buyu for friendship & brotherhood, wherever you are.

Posted on: 2008/9/12 11:16

Occasional Visitor
Group:
I no longer require further information. Thanks to everyone who helped me.

Posted on: 2008/9/13 10:16

Occasional Visitor
Group:
I recently ran across my log in information for this forum..WOW..when I read this post it is like reading the words of a stranger..I remember joining this site long ago for answers to questions and can I just say that I really wish this post could be deleted haha. It's embarassing how little I was in the dark about EVERYTHING.

Apologies for anyone who had to read this moronic nonsense back then.

Posted on: 2015/10/3 7:53

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor