Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Firearms Training
Active Kutakian
From South Carolina
Group:
村民 :: Villager
Dale;

Thanks for the link to Jack's article! What you copied was so good I had to read the rest of it. The article illuminates some of the struggles I'm having, so you know the help is appreciated.

As a concealed carry instructor I impress on the students decision making before firing. Sport shooting is safe and fun; using a firearm in self-defense is a legal but nonetheless life changing event. As a husband and parent I think about this even more.

In the end I'd recommend martial artists gain at least some understanding of firearms, equivalent to an NRA course. For our state I highly recommend the Concealed Carry class even if you never plan to carry! The legal use of deadly force is not what many of us were told by our "hunting buddies".

Leam

Posted on: 2009/1/2 22:16

Unsubscribed
Deleted_Unsubscribed
It is a misconception that if you are getting a martial art training then you won't need the help of firearm for the self defense. It is good for close combat situations but for the long range you got to use a gun.

Posted on: 2014/2/28 20:46
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Active Kutakian
From Savannah, GA
Group:
村民 :: Villager
We in the BJK have a worldwide bad reputation for being unrealistic. A true martial artist strives to become a jack-of-all-trades in weapons, striking, grappling, problem solving, improvising, surviving in any situation under any condition imaginable. Hence the translation of "Nin": perseverance.

Train everything, focus on what is relevant to the time and location in which you exist. Be able to bridge the gap between tradition and contemporary. Weapons are real, firearms are real, common, available, effective and should be trained by anyone who considers themself a martial artist.

Posted on: 2014/3/3 13:49

« 1 2 (3)

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor