Register now!
Socialize

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 ... 8 »

The Sensitivity Process
Honorary Villager
Group:
村民 :: Villager
To all who enjoyed the previous article on "Practice/Training", here a new one by Stéphane Meunier Shihan on the sensitivity process in the martial arts.

Sensitivity

Posted on: 2009/2/12 1:56
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: The Sensitivity Process
Village Old Timer
From San Francisco, California, USA
Group:
Quote:

art_vandelay wrote:
To all who enjoyed the previous article on "Practice/Training", here a new one by Stéphane Meunier Shihan on the sensitivity process in the martial arts.

Sensitivity

One of my students recently brought this article by
Charles Daniel to my attention -- I think it complements the one above:

http://www.biomindsuperpowers.com/Pag ... alArtsAndSuperpowers.html

Posted on: 2009/2/12 4:17

Active Kutakian
From Vancouver, WA
Group:
Interesting. Thank you for the posts Art and Dale.

I've wondered if it is developed in all martial arts, or, just primarily the weapons based ones? I'd imagin training with intent all the time has a lot to do with it. I've seen some evidence of "sensitivity", like we often describe it with guys doing filipino stuff.

Thanks for the reads.

Phil

Posted on: 2009/2/12 9:11

"But if you have someone who is in great need and you are still stron

Village Old Timer
Group:
議長 :: Mod
I find the fact that Charles Daniels' essay being filled with typos, and other errors (not necessarily ones he made) almost as sad as the site it is located on. What kind of Bizarro universe does that site belong to?

Posted on: 2009/2/12 14:04

Cant Stay Offline
From Pennsylvania, USA
Group:
師導士会 :: Shidoshikai
Ingo Swann really is an expert in an area that you maybe call weird, but that doesn't change it's reality. Charles has worked with him and the things that are possible go way beyond the restricted view of "possible" that most all people hold. I would make this simple statement, we don't know enough to say it is impossible.
It is the same with the sensitivity in real martial arts, to most none practicioners it seems like either BS or Magic, but it is neither.

Posted on: 2009/2/12 22:35

Active Kutakian
From Vancouver, WA
Group:
That being said, I wonder if it is a subject that can be put into an abstract? I'm reminded of a friend of mine who came over here to escape the Iran Iraq war because his parents didn't feel like a 14 year old should be on the front line. He was an amazing hunter, and an excellent shot. He seemed to "know" where things were without really looking. It was almost "hyper" aware. He didn't study martial arts, but he came from a martial family, brother and father being soldiers.
Could it be inherited? Just curious and rambly.

Phil

Posted on: 2009/2/13 2:12

"But if you have someone who is in great need and you are still stron

Village Old Timer
Group:
I have this strange tendency. If a website is full of typos that the simplest scan would have caught I tend to dismiss the site.

There is a reason it's not taken seriously Ed. It has to do with how it is being presented. If this site is at the top of the field in the research the research is doomed.

Posted on: 2009/2/13 8:01

Permanent Village Fixture
From Cupertino, CA
Group:
Quote:

侶武 wrote:
I have this strange tendency. If a website is full of typos that the simplest scan would have caught I tend to dismiss the site.

Typical American native speaker's attitude. As a foreigner in US I had to learn about that the hard way and I adjusted (a bit).

FWTW, I did NOT notice any typos in Mr. Daniel's article because I focused on what he had to say and on verifying the message against my experiences. The article substance is superb in my opinion. Discussion about this article on our dojo's facebook group also provoked another freaking awesome "ad hoc lecture" from my teacher. I am so grateful to him that he dismissed the typos and moved on to the substance that was there!

peace

mn

Posted on: 2009/2/13 9:37

Village Old Timer
Group:
There is a difference between using forums and using a website to convey useful information. This weird site is loaded with questionable and often wrong information. To be associated with this site is a career killer unless you want to be a snake oil salesman.

Mario it has nothing to do with being a native speaker, most native speakers can't read or write well enough to convey or understand difficult subjects in writing.

They need to tighten up the site and present everything in a professional manner. As is the site is lame without focus or direction and comes off as a ghost hunting, UFO, "I've killed bigfoot" site. It's fun and cute but no one with half a brain would put stock in anything said on the site.

Posted on: 2009/2/13 12:09

Honorary Villager
From Saint Louis
Group:
And yet you're still talking abut this site that you dismissed. Interesting

Vince

Posted on: 2009/2/14 1:28

(1) 2 3 4 ... 8 »

[Advanced Search]