Socialize

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Boubi no Kamae
Villager
From Auburn, AL
Group:
村民 :: Villager
Quick question, does anyone have the kanji for Boubi no kamae. I have unicode installed so I can read text characters, but and image of the kanji is fine too.

Posted on: 2009/2/25 0:55

U.G. Wilson
1st Dan under Jeff Davis (9th dan)
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Boubi no Kamae
Villager
From Auburn, AL
Group:
防備の構え

Found it! Only took 6 pages of google results

searching key = 武神館 "の構え" -DVD -VHS -video

lol

Posted on: 2009/2/25 5:33

U.G. Wilson
1st Dan under Jeff Davis (9th dan)

Permanent Village Fixture
From Cupertino, CA
Group:
your question provokes the following thought in me...
Maybe you know, maybe not... latest book from Soke has all these names etc. (it has the Japanese text towards the end)

To me, that book feels like like getting an (undeserved) gift of multiple densho; the burden of the gift feels a bit heavy, almost like: "here is the information if you can consume it". It is a big obligation to study with even more effort. The depth and breadth and the multitude of layers included in the book is just awe inspiring.

only less than $40..

mn

Posted on: 2009/2/25 7:05

Active Kutakian
From SLC,Ut
Group:
what book would that be?
the last title i know from Soke is Understand Good Play and i cant find it for under 300 bucks, which i cherish all and any info from Soke but $300????? i understand its not him charging this but its rare and people are out for profit at cost to us

Posted on: 2009/2/25 7:32

Active Kutakian
Group:
[Quote:

Inazuma no Kage wrote:
what book would that be?
the last title i know from Soke is Understand Good Play and i cant find it for under 300 bucks, which i cherish all and any info from Soke but $300????? i understand its not him charging this but its rare and people are out for profit at cost to us

Hatsumi-sensei didn’t write “Understand, Good, Play”.

A good list of books in English by soke is here:

http://www.japanesetranslations.co.uk/bujinkan/bujinkanbooks.htm

In Japanese:

http://www.japanesetranslations.co.uk/bujinkan/bujinkanbooks-j.htm

Posted on: 2009/2/25 7:49

Village Old Timer
From Dayton, Ohio
Group:
Quote:

Inazuma no Kage wrote:
what book would that be?

People usually profit from the ignorance of other's. If that is the last "title from Soke" that you know, there is money to be made.

Marty

Posted on: 2009/2/25 8:08

From Cupertino, CA
Group:
Quote:

Inazuma no Kage wrote:
what book would that be?

if it was a joke then it is a good one !!!

Just in case it was not a joke... the book I have in mind and on the mat everyday is...

http://www.amazon.com/Unarmed-Fightin ... rai-Masaaki/dp/4770030592

Posted on: 2009/2/25 8:26

Hehehe...
From Dallas, TX
Group:
Hatsumi Sensei did not author 'understand, good, play' but it is a book full of quotes during classes by him over a long period, by Ben Cole, an acknowledged translator for Hatsumi Sensei.

Out of print is why it is costly. Great record of the flow of Hatsumi Sensei while teaching, but not worth 3 bones... Unless you are a collector of such things, but at least make sure Sensei signed it

Posted on: 2009/2/25 10:47

Villager
From Grove City, Ohio
Group:
Quote:
your question provokes the following thought in me...
Maybe you know, maybe not... latest book from Soke has all these names etc. (it has the Japanese text towards the end)

To me, that book feels like like getting an (undeserved) gift of multiple densho; the burden of the gift feels a bit heavy, almost like: "here is the information if you can consume it". It is a big obligation to study with even more effort. The depth and breadth and the multitude of layers included in the book is just awe inspiring.

only less than $40..

mn

Your freakin kidding me with this response-I hope this was a joke-the dude asked a simple question-this is why so many say the Bujinkan is a "money grubbing" organization

If this was a joke, it is still very sad as it leads others to believe we are a "money grubbing" organization

Just answer the dudes question for christ sake-at least it appears he found it on his own accord

P.S.

If I needed directions to 4th street would you tell me that there is a sale on maps at the local gas station?????

Posted on: 2009/2/25 11:39

Village Old Timer
Group:
議長 :: Mod
Quote:

sean snyder wrote:
Your freakin kidding me with this response-I hope this was a joke-the dude asked a simple question-this is why so many say the Bujinkan is a "money grubbing" organization

If this was a joke, it is still very sad as it leads others to believe we are a "money grubbing" organization

Just answer the dudes question for christ sake-at least it appears he found it on his own accord

P.S.

If I needed directions to 4th street would you tell me that there is a sale on maps at the local gas station?????

If I didn't know how to get to 4th street, I would suggest you buy the map. Many people don't know how to get to 4th street, but that doesn't stop them from posting their ideas on the route on message boards and the like...

Posted on: 2009/2/25 12:50

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor