Kito Ryu Ten No Maki 16 2017/12/11 12:40
fskopfpatro
Anyone tried Rosetta Stone? 20 2017/12/10 13:18
fskopfpatro
BladesPro 14 2017/12/9 17:45
fskopfpatro

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 7 »

Re: SPECIAL OFFER! NINJUTSU TEACHERS TRAINING COURSE.
Occasional Visitor
From Houston, TX
Group:
村民 :: Villager
Let RVD do his thing, if it keeps him happy.

Maybe he is trying to do what he can in this tough economy to keep some food on his table.

Posted on: 2009/3/7 11:50

Cant Stay Offline
From Sacramento, CA (USA)
Group:
村長 :: Admin
議長 :: Mod
Well, whatever RVD wants to do is, well, his business. If you don't like it, don't buy it.

I will say, however, I find it interesting you can be given a shidoshi license with no clue (or ability) how to actually teach - I mean to really be able to communicate a concept effectively to a group of people. My hat is off to some of those I've trained with that just have that gift of helping a knucklehead like me understand.

Being able to really teach is a skill certainly not easily picked up by the average person.

Of course, being a good student can also be just as challenging as being a good teacher - if not more. And, often one will interfere with the other. When that happens, it's always the "student" that pays the largest price.

You can also be a good teacher, but what you teach is crap. With effective salesmanship, good communication skills and a touch of believability, you could convince anybody of anything - and make them feel good about it.

At any rate, we all know what budo marketeers are all about. So, we shouldn't be surprised when this kind of stuff hits the advertising highway.

Posted on: 2009/3/7 12:22

I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, or in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. ~ Thomas Jefferson
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Village Old Timer
From Dayton, Ohio
Group:
Quote:

dseago wrote:

The butter is strictly for the popcorn.

But I ain't sayin' just what the popcorn is for. . .

Kind of brings a different meaning to "Training Alone". Not unlike many home study tapes!

Marty

Posted on: 2009/3/7 19:49

Active Kutakian
From Boynton Beach, Florida
Group:
Quote:
You can also be a good teacher, but what you teach is crap. With effective salesmanship, good communication skills and a touch of believability, you could convince anybody of anything - and make them feel good about it.

Amen to that brother. I have watched many Bujinkan videos on youtube, I can say I learned several new ways to die.

I wish more people would teach that have experience in combat situations, more realistic approaches, less desk techniques.

Posted on: 2009/3/7 20:18

"Good, now this time do it with taijutsu"

Cant Stay Offline
From Sacramento, CA (USA)
Group:
村長 :: Admin
RVD has a very good system if you are in to tech manual style learning, very structured, very "McDojo", and very technical. There's nothing inherently wrong with it and I personally know many people who run their classes based on copies of his black belt guidebook (but won't admit it publicly). There is something to be said for the amount of material this man has made available for people to learn this art.

It's the self-hype, "Master" titles, home-study courses, and such that have created the controversy. But, there are lots of folks out there who have done similar things without so much attention being drawn.

As long as Soke is Soke and he hasn't outwardly criticized him for any of it (as far as I know), and RVD keeps showing up to train with Soke annually - who am I to judge?

For me, I have been in this rodeo for more than a few go-arounds and can honestly say that the best teachers for me are those who don't need titles, programs, curriculums, etc. They have that certain "look" in their eye, a certain "feeling" that hits you to the core, and you are affected by it through their taijutsu and their words - i.e. their example - and yielding to that effect shapes and molds you in a direction that builds strong budo. That's how I believe training with Takamatsu Soke was like and that's how I know firsthand what training with Hatsumi Soke, the Japanese Shihan and a certain number of non-Japanese Shihan are like.

Not everybody has it, it can't be "taught" through any medium other than by direct experience, not through any intellectual understanding or reasoning, but by gaining an unexplainable inner understanding that is at the core of one's foundation and something that stays with you long after memory of the details of the experience fade.

To pass this "feeling" along to someone else is a far higher form of "teaching", in my opinion.

Posted on: 2009/3/8 5:09

I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, or in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. ~ Thomas Jefferson

Permanent Village Fixture
From Cupertino, CA
Group:
Great points Darren.

on my side, I would like to express my gratitude to the designers of the forum software: I really like the fact that there is this "Cancel" button conveniently located right next to "Submit" under the post composition field.

mn

Posted on: 2009/3/8 6:44

Village Old Timer
Group:
Can someone make this thread go away. It's advertising KY-chan and although he is getting negative recognition he is still going to have people that will buy this thing.

Please kill this thread.

Posted on: 2009/3/8 14:43

Villager
Group:
If anyone actually gets it and checks it out, maybe we could have an honest review? :)

Posted on: 2009/3/8 22:35

Active Kutakian
From Memphis, TN - USA
Group:
It just looks like a business management course tailored for opening a Bujinkan school.

The only shidoshi-esque thing that happens is you get a shidoshi-ho license underneath RVD, which is really not a big deal either.

So I'm not sure what the big deal is, really.

Posted on: 2009/3/9 11:20

Village Old Timer
Group:
Here is a list of problems with these programs.

1. The Bujinkan was not intended to be a business and is not a business. The Dojo is not a money making opportunity.

2. The over the web teaching/ home study martial art programs that guarantee rank is not ensuring proper instruction. But only designed to make one money and keep them in the system under those that provide the course.

3. We have enough Shidoshi that shouldn't be, and enough tenth dans that ought to train more and clean up their sloppy taijutsu. We don't need more sloppy shidoshi being created by learn at home programs under this guy or others.

4. Learn at home Shidoshi will create a whole new generation of practitioners that are just as clueless as their teachers. And, a vicious cycle of suck-i-tude will ensue.

Basically, Don't make the Bujinkan a business!

Posted on: 2009/3/9 11:36

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 7 »

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor