Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: bujinkan hombu dojo japam
Village Old Timer
Group:
村民 :: Villager
議長 :: Mod
Ah, here is a quick answer.

Just stay home. The hombu is not a tourist spot (although you wouldn't know it sometimes).

Find a teacher first in the states or just stay home.

Posted on: 2009/6/16 12:11

Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Deleted_
how can you join it??

Posted on: 2009/6/16 12:12

Active Kutakian
Group:
There is no special hombu membership. The hombu is open to all Bujinkan members. You need to become a member by joining the Bujinkan through a local club. I take it by saying you want to train hombu you mean Hatsumi-sensei’s class? Hatsumi-sensei usually teaches there twice a week and once a week in the Tokyo Budokan in Tokyo. There are many other regular classes held at the hombu plus occasional classes held by visiting foreign instructors.

If you are living in Japan and want to become a member usually you are directed to a local instructor. For example a Japanese girl I talked to at Shiraishi-sensei’s class said she had started by phoning Hatsumi-sensei and saying she wanted to train in the Bujinkan. He recommended she start training at Shiraishi-sensei’s dojo, which she then did. Obviously if you are living in the USA then you should start by training a good local dojo and learning the basics properly. My point is even those living very close to the hombu in Japan are told to train at a good local dojo for a few years before joining in Hatsumi-sensei’s class at the hombu.

If you are 17 you would be allowed to train in most dojo in Japan but training, accommodation, travel etc is expensive. If you have rich parents then they may support you to travel there but you won’t be allowed to work so you can only stop on a short tourist visa. You may be allowed to study there and stay on a student visa (which I think also allows a bit of part time work). As well as universities there are various private colleges in which you can study (for example the YMCA Japanese School) but of course it costs a bit of money so you will need someone to support you. Of course there are various student exchange programs that you could ask about at your school. All these are extremely difficult and may only be possible if you are rich, smart enough to win a scholarship or very well connected to groups which organise student exchanges. Maybe investigate these options first.

The much better option is to finish school and college. A degree means you can get a working visa or working holiday visa. During this time train regularly at a good local Bujinkan dojo in Georgia and in the five to ten years this takes you will be at a level suitable for training at the hombu.

Posted on: 2009/6/16 12:28

Deleted_
thankyou thats what i will try to train in a bujinkan dojo then may be after 8 years i will go to the hombu
thanks for helping me

Posted on: 2009/6/16 12:32

村長 :: Sonchou
From Chiba, Japan
Group:
村長 :: Admin
Rosswell / Omar,

Please put your full name in your user profile as required by the Kutaki guidelines (see FAQ). You also indicated that you agreed to this when you created your user account. People that don't abide by this usually have their accounts deleted.

Thanks for your understanding,

Shawn

Posted on: 2009/6/17 10:15

Kutaki Postmaster
From Canada
Group:
師導士会 :: Shidoshikai
Jeez, the poor guy just asked a simple, honest and well-meaning question and got two pages of hassles and discouragement. All it would have taken is two simple and friendly points:

1. Try to train locally first if you can.

2. If it's your dream and you really want to go, just make the arrangements and go but be prepared for an expensive surprise because it might not be what you expect.

Saying you wouldn't help the guy because you don't know his name and telling him to stay home is ridiculous elitist foolishness. I'm just voicing my opinion. I'm not going to bother arguing it. Fire way if you feel the need.

P.S. If the guy who started this thread is still reading even though his account has been deleted, sign up for another account, PM me and I'll be more than happy to help you.

Posted on: 2009/6/18 8:32

村長 :: Sonchou
From Chiba, Japan
Group:
村長 :: Admin
For the record, one of the other admins had PM'd the guy a couple of days before I made my post, asking him to correct the name thing. He didn't read or heed to that, or to my post, or to the notice that he agreed to when he created his account.

If he is going to just blow by all of that in the rush to just get what he wants with no consideration for how this community works, then uhm... well... :)

If he wants to go ahead and create another account, he's more than welcome. Hopefully he'll read a little more next time before he starts to post. :)

Shawn

Posted on: 2009/6/18 17:22

Village Old Timer
From Dayton, Ohio
Group:
Quote:

bujincan wrote:
Jeez, the poor guy just asked a simple, honest and well-meaning question and got two pages of hassles and discouragement.

I would like you to tell me what about my initial answer was discouraging. I too offered to PM a more complete answer and he did not respond.

It is very clear by his responces this was not a well thought out or planned "dream". He could use some grounding in order to get on the path to complete his dream.

Marty

Posted on: 2009/6/18 18:36

Village Old Timer
Group:
Oddly,

I get a blank screen when trying to access people's profiles. Makes it much harder to send a pm.

Posted on: 2009/6/18 19:04

Village Old Timer
Group:
It is hit and miss when I try as well.

Posted on: 2009/6/18 19:18

« 1 (2) 3 »

[Advanced Search]