fskopfpatro

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Podcast - Back by Popular Demand!
村長 :: Sonchou
From Chiba, Japan
Group:
村長 :: Admin
村民 :: Villager
The Kutaki-no-ha podcast is now back online due to popular demand for the old episodes. The feed URL is http://feeds.feedburner.com/kutakinoha. Right now only Episodes 11 - 28 are available due to some technical issues, but all of the previous episodes ( 1 to 30 ) should be available soon. If you're using the Firefox browser, you can subscribe to the feed through the browser at the above address. You can also subscribe via iTunes by going to the Advanced menu and then "Subscribe to Podcast..." and then paste the above address in.

I want to say a big thanks to Eva for hosting all the mp3s on her server - much appreciated!!

Looking forward to getting the other past episodes online and mayyyybe that will provide some impetus for a new (!) episode sometime soon...

Enjoy!

Shawn

Posted on: 2009/9/2 1:04
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Podcast - Back by Popular Demand!
Village Old Timer
From Matsudo City, Chiba, Japan
Group:
That's awesome, Shawn!

Hey, how can we contribute to future podcasts?

Posted on: 2009/9/2 11:34

From Chiba, Japan
Group:
Liz,

Thanks for asking.

If the podcast is to start coming out regularly again, the burden of production will have to be shared among several people. I just don't have the time to do everything myself, and even with 2 people I think it will eventually wear itself down again. This is what has happened to a lot of other podcasts that I was subscribed to back a few years ago when I was doing the Kutaki no Ha podcast. (Wow, its been almost 2 years now since the last episode was produced.) Many of the others, like Kutaki no Ha, had producers who were doing it in their spare time and they just ran out of steam.

To prevent that from happening, I think the following roles would have to be filled:

1) Music / Sound Person
- This person would be responsible for finding suitable, royalty-free music that we could use in the podcast, as well as coming up with little "sound bytes" for use in transitions between sections, etc. and also coordination with people who would like to submit their own music for use on the podcast.

2) Interviewer(s)
- A person or people who would be able to regularly come up with interviews with other Bujinkan students, both beginners and senior people, people who have visited Japan, been to seminars, etc. This person would have to either personally interview and record, or arrange for others to interview and record, in good quality, interviews with potential candidates.

3) Reviewer(s)
- A person to either personally review, or coordinate reviews of, Bujinkan-related books, videos, events or other related topics of interest like martial arts websites of interest, martial arts equipment suppliers, etc.

So basically I would need 3 people to commit to being able to perform the above tasks on a regular basis for an extended period of time. That takes some commitment and I wouldn't want people to volunteer lightly without giving adequate consideration to the seriousness of the commitment. I don't want people to think "That sounds cool," and commit to doing it, and then fall off the bandwagon 2 or 3 episodes down the line.

Also, for numbers 2) and 3) above, I would like someone who has a good amount of experience in the Bujinkan, say 10 years minimum, preferably someone who is a Shidoshi or higher level and who has some experience with traveling to or living in Japan. This will help to give good background experience to what they are talking about on the podcast, which I feel is necessary if the podcast is to be high quality and a source of reliable information.

If you or anyone else reading this is interested in filling one of the above roles, please contact me by pm or email.

Also, please note that as of now, all episodes - Episodes 1 to 30 - are available in the feed linked in the previous post I made in this thread. If you have already subscribed, you may have to update your feed to access the files which were added to the feed today. In iTunes, you do this by right-clicking on the name of the podcast and selecting "Update Podcast".

Posted on: 2009/9/2 16:22

Honorary Villager
Group:
I just want to say a Podcast here is the best idea ever, thanks for that amazing service.

Posted on: 2009/9/5 5:42
Tel. +1 (609) 379-BUYU (2898)
Fax. (484) 727-0538

Click here for Passaic Bujinkan Buyu website

Active Kutakian
From Boise, ID
Group:
Just curious, are you going to make the podcasts available again,none of them play anymore.

Posted on: 2013/10/29 8:38

Honorary Villager
From Hamburg, Germany
Group:
@YoruKage: Glad you asked, I bothered Shawn a lot back then about the podcast. Loved it!

Posted on: 2013/10/30 0:58

www.tamonten-yamashiro.de

From Chiba, Japan
Group:
@YoruKage:

Thanks for the heads-up. The mp3s had been hosted on webspace that was volunteered by a friend, and it looks like that site is no longer around. It's now on the Kutaki to-do list, so I'll tackle that one when I can. :)

Cheers,

Shawn

Posted on: 2013/11/18 22:30

Honorary Villager
From Hamburg, Germany
Group:
Yayy... it appears as if I have misplaced three episodes.

Posted on: 2013/11/19 16:55

www.tamonten-yamashiro.de

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor