Socialize

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 »

Looking for Ninjitsu Training Partners in the NW Indiana Area
Frequent Visitor
From Lake Station, Indiana USA
Group:
村民 :: Villager
Hi, I stay in the Northwest Indiana area and train at the World Gym in Highland, Indiana because that is the only gym out in my area that will allow their members to spar and train in the martial arts openly. I'm basically trying to find a sparring partner to help me with my training in Ninjitsu and to also help me open the only Ninjitsu dojo in the Northwest Indiana area. I'm not style discriminatory as long as the person wants to help me accomplish my goals I'll be more than happy to train and spar with them. Currently the only things I can bring to sparring with anyone is 2 pairs of Top Contender MMA gloves (one Large the other Regular), 3 Velcro connecting mats, an Everlast Punching Bag, and my membership to World Gym to use their facilities to train at. If you can help me out or are looking for another person to help you with your studies regarding Ninjitsu in the Northwest Indiana area. Please contact me at ronin7411@yahoo.com to see if we can talk about training and sparring with each other. Also bring your friends and any other people you know that stay in the Northwest Indiana area that would like to train in Ninjitsu as well. The more people I can get to spar and train with me or anyone else that trains with me the better. Thanks to anyone that can help me out.

Posted on: 2009/10/27 3:27
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Looking for Ninjitsu Training Partners in the NW Indiana Area
Village Old Timer
Group:
議長 :: Mod
How long have you been training?

And who is/was your teacher?

Posted on: 2009/10/27 8:46

Frequent Visitor
Group:
I've been training in the martial arts since I was 8 years old I'm 25 now and I'm turning 26 this upcoming November 5 but I never had any formal training in Ninjitsu. I've checked out the Bujinkan dojo listings and found out that they had a dojo out here called American Warrior Arts but when I contacted them I never got a response and the operator said that the phone number is out of service. I'm just trying to found someone in my area of NW Indiana that wants to study Ninjitsu but like me because there are no really close dojos to train at and I don't have the funds to travel to Chicago to train with the any Ninjitsu groups I couldn't train in Ninjitsu.at the level that I want to. If you guys know anybody that stays in my area that is interested in studying Ninjitsu with me drop me a line I'm more than willing to learn Ninjitsu with anybody as long as they are dedicated to mastering Ninjitsu for their mastery of the art with me. I'm also going to provide the links that I've found regarding the American Warrior Arts dojo that is supposedly in my area but I think got shut down or merged with one of the Chicago Bujinkan or Genbukan groups to save operational costs.

http://www.ninjutsu.com/dojos-links_usa.shtml#Indiana

http://www.ushapkido.com/schools.htm

Posted on: 2009/10/27 17:13

Village Old Timer
Group:
I thought as much.

You need a teacher, not a training partner. Look on winjutsu.com or onibujin.com or some website that offers listings. Find a good dojo to train in first before running off teaching and starting a dojo.

If you have to travel a bit then travel a bit. You will need a teacher.

Use the search function on this site to find more reasons why you need a good teacher.

I'll look up some dojos in Indiana for you.

Posted on: 2009/10/27 18:38

Cant Stay Offline
From Pennsylvania, USA
Group:
師導士会 :: Shidoshikai
How far are you from Highland, IL? Or from Indianaplois? Angie Smith is in Highland and Jay Zimmerman is in Indianaplois and both are jundan level. Both are very good instructors. Unfortunately for you there is no one close and you either have to travel or bring someone in to train you, that last is rather expensive. Even if you only go to one class a month you will gain far more for much less expenditure of your limited resources of time, energy, and money, then trying to get it from a video course or on your own. That is almost impossible. Get in contact with a good instructor and you will begin to learn.

Posted on: 2009/10/28 0:24

Frequent Visitor
Group:
Hi Papa-san and Rjhii and thanks for your assistance but I'm not trying to open a Ninjitsu dojo yet a Ninjitsu study group yeah but an actual dojo not yet. Even though my prior martial arts training is Muay Thai (4 years) , Combat Tai Chi (Tai Chi exercises with San Shou Kung Fu strikes did that for 4 years too), and I'm currently taking the free Tang Soo Do classes at the gym that I train at just to keep up with my martial arts training. But I know that for you to be an adequate teacher at a school you must at least hold a rank of 3rd Degree Black Belt in the style that you want to teach. Also Papa-san and Rhjii I stay in Lake County Indiana which is on average a 30 minute drive just to the south side of Chicago by Hammond, Indiana which is really close to me by only 20 minutes. But the Bujinkan dojos in Chicago are in the Northside of Chicago which is a hour drive just getting there then you still got to factor in the traffic jams and other problems associated with using I-80/94 (people that live out here know what I'm talking about everybody hates I-80/94 ). Highland, Illinois is way too far away from me they are by St Louis, Missouri then that they on the southern part of Illinois while I stay by the right hand corner of Illinois right by Lake Michigan. Indianapolis is a bit far away from me too I stay at the very left hand corner of Indiana while Indianapolis is right in the center and that is a 2 hour drive just going there which at the price gas is going right now ($2.70 a gallon then its expected to go up to $3.75 during the holidays) I don't have the funds to do it. If someone on this forum was a member of American Warrior Arts ' dojo before they did their own thing I'm willing to work with them to further their Ninjitsu training or if they are an independent using the Bujinkan's Home Study Course through Richard Van Donk or Stephen Hayes To Shin Do Ninjitsu I'm willing to still work woth them as long as they are willing to put in the hard work to become good in Ninjitsu. I'm also going to provide links of my location as well as where you guys already suggested that I look into for Ninjitsu training and I think everyone is going to agree with me when I say that's a great deal of distance and money for someone working on a shoestring budget.

My Location Lake County Indiana (since it won't link properly)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_County,_Indiana

The Locations that was Recommended

http://www.ci.highland.il.us/public_documents/index

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indianapolis

Posted on: 2009/10/28 3:42

Kutaki Postmaster
From Knoxville, TN
Group:
There is a good school in Fishers Indiana, Indianapolis headed by 15dan Robert Johnson (not the guitar prodigy). Very good guy and great training there.

Posted on: 2009/10/28 5:53

Frequent Visitor
Group:
Thanks LightDancer for your assistance but I don't have the funds to travel to the Indianapolis area plus I'm a full time college student just making it by and I'm working on a shoestring budget so I'm stuck with looking for random training partners over the internet to train with me.

Posted on: 2009/10/28 10:15

Villager
From London
Group:
Quote:

ronin7411 wrote: Also Papa-san and Rhjii I stay in Lake County Indiana which is on average a 30 minute drive just to the south side of Chicago by Hammond, Indiana which is really close to me by only 20 minutes. But the Bujinkan dojos in Chicago...

I used to drive an hour and a half each way to train with James Morganelli (who's now in Chicago proper two nights a week). He also holds semi-regular 'open trainings' on weekends.

He's seriously good. I suggest you make an effort to contact him.

www.sgtidojo.com
http://sgtidojo.blogspot.com/

Posted on: 2009/10/28 10:19

Frequent Visitor
Group:
Thanks Stephen for your help but like I said in a previous post I don't have the funds to travel to Chicago to train with any of the Bujinkan dojos or the Genbukan dojo that are in the Chicago area. I also checked out all of the dojos I could find on Richard Van Donk's dojo directory and with the funds I have to work with I can't afford to train with them or even get there to do some training. (Bills eat me up alive at the house since all of the utilities at the house doubled because of the mass flooding that happened out here) I'm still dedicated to mastering Ninjitsu but I'm working on limited funds because of the problems I have to deal with at the house and because of my lack of funds I'm looking for people like me on the internet that don't have the funds to study at a dojo but does so by videos or books or they use to attend a Bujinkan dojo and had to quit but still trains in what little they were taught in. Basically if you're a broke poor person like me that studies Ninjitsu in the NW Indiana area by studying books and videos but is still looking for people to train with hit me up I'm willing to study with you as long as you're dedicated to mastering Ninjitsu.

Posted on: 2009/10/28 10:42

(1) 2 3 4 »

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor