Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Old Photo's by Arthur Tansley
Active Kutakian
From Boston, MA
Group:
村民 :: Villager
Quote:
And if you are fighting woman with a sword and she opens her shirt while she is fighting is only going to distract the weakest of opponents.

Once a fight is underway I would agree, but I'm not sure that's the sort of timing or scenario in which a kunoichi might use this sort of tactic.

A woman moving alone at night might be considered a very easy target for a thief, drunkard or rapist. A kunoichi in particular might have more important things to do at the moment than calling for help or squaring off with a larger male opponent. Showing a bit of unexpected flesh to an attacker who approaches expecting abject fear or submission in his victim might buy her an extra moment to gain the initiative to end things quickly and quietly.

I don't think it's intended to be quite so simple as, "Aha! I have a sword!"
"Aha yourself! I have boobs! Let's fight!"

;)

It could also be used in a sense of, "Please, do what you want with me, just don't kill me!" The type of man who would stab a seemingly defenseless and unarmed woman would probably find this prospect appetizing, even as he snidely intends to kill her afterwords. For a woman to hook his ego in this way is a powerful tactic.

We have to trust the kunoichi to have some sense as to when this tactic should be applied, just as we all study when and how to move our bodies (and spirit) to gain control over an opponent. If she storms a castle baring her breasts expecting all the guards to fall at her feet, well, best of luck!

Posted on: 2011/1/8 1:27
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Old Photo's by Arthur Tansley
Honorary Villager
From Nanaimo, BC, Canada
Group:
村民 :: Villager
I like your take on this (Shimajiro) and agree. I think it is the same principle of timing that applies to any technique. Every technique can and will fail if the timing (among other things) is poor.

Posted on: 2011/1/9 8:55

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor