hanzo-tou
Certificates 0 2018/5/8 4:34
schistkicker
Home Project: Shadowbox 3 2018/4/25 21:44
roufus
Ichiba 0 2018/2/21 1:18
Dpinga

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Dojos in Southwestern Ontario (Toronto, Waterloo, Kitchener, Guelph etc)
Honorary Villager
From Ibaraki-ken
Group:
村民 :: Villager
Hello,
I'm going to be visiting my family in the Guelph Ontario area this holiday season, and am hoping to attend a few classes at some dojos in the area. I am weighing my options of returning home for good come April, so my purpose is to visit a few different dojos/training groups to find out what my options are should I move back for good in the spring.
Any and all info would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Tim

Posted on: 2009/12/5 19:32
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Dojos in Southwestern Ontario (Toronto, Waterloo, Kitchener, Guelph etc)
Permanent Village Fixture
From Toronto/Waterloo, Canada Eh!
Group:
Hi Tim,

Please let me know where you plan to relocate to in SW Ont...

I've recently graduated from waterloo & there was nothing there when I was there (had to make the trip back to my dojo as often as i could manage). There is a Genbukan dojo in Kitchener which I never attended. There is also a dojo in milton, again I have never attended. Those are the two closest to Guelph to my knowledge.

As for the Toronto area ... there are a few that I am aware of... It would depend upon you're location and how far you are willing to travel. In addition to what it is you are looking for in training... and how far you are willing to travel for quality instruction.

I would highly recommend attending the Canadian Shihan taikai http://bujinkancanada.org/index.html if you are able. This is a good showcase of the Canadian Shihan & their students. Craig Olson has done a great job of bringing the Canadian Bujinkan together. Craig has my thanks and gratitude... for what that's worth ; ) If you are able to attend the event, it may be a good way to evaluate potential instructors... as rank is... well ...rank it is what it is in the BJK. Some chase it & some run from it.

Feel free to post on this forum or PM me. though I will not be able to reply for the next week or so.

I personally train under Frank Hill, in Oshawa. I currently live in Toronto but will be moving 3.5 hrs away... I'll still make the drive! Frank & his senior students are very talented practitioners and instructors... that being said I've only known him for 9 yrs so you may wish to come check things out for yourself. ; )

Posted on: 2009/12/6 20:56

Honorary Villager
From Ibaraki-ken
Group:
Hi Jon,
Thanks for your post! I'm not sure exactly when or where I will relocate back to Ontario, if at all. One major consideration for me in that decision is access to quality training. Thats why I'm trying to get a feel for whos out there etc. The Canadian TaiKai would be great to attend, I'll try to check it out. Thanks again for you help!
Tim

Posted on: 2009/12/9 11:10

Deleted_
Hi !
I've just visited this forum. Happy to get acquainted with you. Thanks.

Posted on: 2010/3/3 13:27

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor