Register now!
Socialize

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 »

Which Tabi should I get?
Honorary Villager
Group:
村民 :: Villager
I wasnt sure exactly where to post this, sorry if a moderator has to move it.

I am looking to buy a new pair of outdoor tabi. What do you all suggest I get? What brands are the best? These dang boots are expensive and im looking for the best choice! Since a lot of experienced practitioners use this forum I figure some of you might have some good ideas, and some of you have probably been through many a tabi.

Thanks for ideas :)

Posted on: 2009/12/31 6:19

Re: Which Tabi should I get?
Active Kutakian
From Barcelona (Spain)
Group:
師導士会 :: Shidoshikai

Posted on: 2009/12/31 6:44

Dani Esteban -Koryu-
Bujinkan Bushi Dojo
Barcelona (Spain)
http://bushidojo.wordpress.com
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Cant Stay Offline
From Pennsylvania, USA
Group:
議長 :: Mod
師導士会 :: Shidoshikai
What size tabi do you wear? Or rather what is your shoe size as the taki size can be gotten from that. The outdoor ones at "Workman" in Koshigaya are resonably priced at about $30. So if you know someone traveling there they could pick up a pair for you.

Posted on: 2009/12/31 7:25

Villager
From County Down, Northern Ireland
Group:
Most people seem to use the Wakocu brand, i guess they're the best balance between cost and value for most people. I find though they tend to be very loose round the ankles as such your gi bottoms tend to fall out so if you go with these it might be worth investing in some Kyahan.

Posted on: 2010/1/2 6:47

Honorary Villager
Group:
Thanks for the info people I ened up ordering pretty much the most mainstream you can get, the Jikatabi Fighters.

I have yet to find the perfect tabi. Those leather tabi seem comfortable but im just not a big fan

Posted on: 2010/1/4 5:16

Honorary Villager
From South Texas
Group:
I've always womdered, in our training, what's the use of tabi? I understand the indoor ones, but I have a pair of jika tabi, and they aren't too helpful outside. I also read that contractors/ constructuon workers wear them in Japan... Why Is that?

Posted on: 2010/1/5 3:44

El vivir es dormir, El morir es despertar....

Villager
From San Salvador, El Salvador
Group:
From what I've heard and seen they are really good because of the grip. Imagine walking an iron plank 50 stories high I would like something that gives me a good grip. Like spiderman, he wears foot covering tights which enables him to move his feet freely, now imagine Ironman trying to move freely with his iron boot, bet he would be really uncomfrotable moving freely up there. Another exaple: acrobats. They wear really light shoes.

Posted on: 2010/1/7 13:53

Honorary Villager
From South Texas
Group:
I dunno... Mine don't grip too well. They're the ones from shinobigear.com, I'm not too sure what brand. Either way, they don't feel like they have a better grip than regular shoes or work boots, and the traction is not as good either. Plus there's not any padding or support, and in construction it's very important to have those. I wore em on a roof once and almost slipped off. It also made it harder to walk on rafters of a house. From a professional standpoint, tabi suck for construction work, from an outdoor trainging standpoint, well, I dunno, I'm not that far along yet. What's ya'lls opinion?

Posted on: 2010/1/8 3:54

Villager
From San Salvador, El Salvador
Group:
I'm just guessing here but couldn't it be that the ones sold for trainning aren't that good compared to the ones construction workers actually use? I mean one thing is to copy the shape (like all those bootleg products from the infomertials) and the other is to make a functional copy. My suggestion is... keep asking here (specially the residents in Japan) about the brand that construction workers use.

Posted on: 2010/1/8 14:43

Honorary Villager
From South Texas
Group:
lol, nah, I don't wanna use em for work, I figured they're advertised to give a better grip, ect, but that's not the case. It's kinda like palying football without cleats, your feet'll slide instead of having traction in the grass. I'm just curious as to the top ones for training outdoors. I like running around alot, and if my feet are gonna be hittin the ground, I want some cushion. I got some good work boots, they're broken in really good and like any shoe, after wearing em for so long you know whats under your feet. I just feel like I got duped into buying something that isn't very practical. I also read in an artcle on wikipedia that some people use em for climbing and such. Ya'll ever heard anyone talkin bout stuff like that?

Posted on: 2010/1/9 1:28

(1) 2 3 »

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor