Register now!
Socialize

Recent Topics

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Haiti Earthquake relief fund
Permanent Village Fixture
Group:
村民 :: Villager
*** Note to Moderator: I am not sure if this is the right place to place this and do apologize in advance if you find this message inappropriate for the forum however its one of the many ways we can reach to as many people as we can in a short time. ****

On January 12, a 7.0 magnitude earthquake struck Haiti. Port-au-Prince is in the middle of the devastating major earthquake… Most of Port-au-Prince has been destroyed. These tragedies always strike in the heart of people’s lives, body mind and spirit. It is especially difficult when the country involved has limited resources leading to a devastating aftermath.

For our Dojo it’s even more devastating as one of our student’s family members are in the heart of the disaster. One of his cousins has been trapped in the rubble since Tuesday. They know exactly where he is but can't get help to him. He's 14 years old and terrified.

Red Cross here is powerless. Red Cross in Haiti is impossible to reach..... Join recovery efforts mobilizing around the world to assist earthquake victims. Your donation will help disaster victims rebuild their lives and their communities.

We have set a donation link on our website via PayPal at www.bufuikan.com any donations are appreciated…. I will donate a portion of my books and DVD’s sales to the same fund.

Thank you in advance for your generosity

Eduard Divantman
Bujinkan Shihan

Posted on: 2010/1/17 10:54
七転び八起き
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Haiti Earthquake relief fund
Village Old Timer
From Dayton, Ohio
Group:
Quote:

bufuikan wrote:

Red Cross here is powerless.

I don't know what you mean by this. The Red Cross is the most likely source to make a significant difference there. There are many organizations mobilizing to help. There are also many private groups with special interests going to help their own specific organizations.

The Red Cross is supposed to be accepting donations specifically to be helping the Crisis in Haiti.

Hopefully the short term memory of americans lasts a little longer to help rebuild the infrastructure of Haiti a little more so that it does not return to the Pre-quake conditions that will make post recovery so dangerous.

Marty

Posted on: 2010/1/17 11:03
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Village Old Timer
From Dayton, Ohio
Group:
http://www.entertainmentandshowbiz.co ... e-for-haiti-2010011731160

here is the link to donate to the Red Cross Haiti relief fund.

Marty

Posted on: 2010/1/17 11:26

Village Old Timer
From Matsudo City, Chiba, Japan
Group:
Japan residents and visitors can donate to Japanese Red Cross at Family Mart convenience stores.

Donations are also received through bank transfers. See details here -
http://www.jrc.or.jp/contribution/l3/Vcms3_00001446.html

Posted on: 2010/1/18 8:30

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor