fskopfpatro

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 »

Changing Tide?
Occasional Visitor
From Australia
Group:
村民 :: Villager
I just joined these forums. I'm finally taking up Bujinkan after many years of desire and casually following it. The timing and circumstances are now at the point where I can begin my Bujinkan journey.

that being said, it seems that sicne 2008, information coming out of places like this one (the Kutaki Podcast) and other sites is drying up. Even places like the Bushindo www.ninjutsu.com which have always been very vocal about things haven't really had any updates in a long time.

Has Soke Hatsumi changed the direction of the Bujinkan and closed if off more? What happened last year that made most of the sources of information stop posting?

Posted on: 2010/2/21 17:24
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Changing Tide?
Village Old Timer
From Dayton, Ohio
Group:
There has been a lot said over the years. Perhaps the novelty has worn off, or perhaps there is just less "new" things to be said!

We are here.

Marty

Posted on: 2010/2/21 19:18

Occasional Visitor
From Australia
Group:
Well it's good to know. I realise that the Ninja craze of the 80's has worn off, and Bunjinkan has taken on it's own momentum. I am just an information sponge kind of person and my circumstances dictate that I get most of that from the Internet.

Any helpful pointers to good, solid resources would be great. There are a lot of them out there that don't have much content, and little current content.

Posted on: 2010/2/22 10:33

Active Kutakian
From South Carolina
Group:

Posted on: 2010/2/22 19:31

Cant Stay Offline
From Pennsylvania, USA
Group:
議長 :: Mod
師導士会 :: Shidoshikai
RockyH, here's a site to check our.
www.awarriorsway.com and then look for my name. There are a number of downloadable videos there that may be very helpful to you.

Posted on: 2010/2/22 21:32

Village Old Timer
Group:
Quote:

Papa-san wrote:
RockyH, here's a site to check our.
www.awarriorsway.com and then look for my name. There are a number of downloadable videos there that may be very helpful to you.

Ed,

Are you actually associated with the people on this site?

what the hell is this (besides alarming)?
http://www.anjingbanfa.com/BBTest08/BlackBelt08Highlights.html

Posted on: 2010/2/23 15:09

Kutaki Postmaster
Group:
RockyH,
Interesting timing indeed. I was just contemplating the very same thing and was even thinking about writing a thread about it. I have also noticed a sharp decline in informative threads. I have no logical explanation to it. Actually with so many high ranked practitioners it should be the other way around.

I have a few theories though.
#1. While high ranks are becoming more common, perhaps the interest from the general population has decreased.
#2 Perhaps high ranked people refrain from posting in order to not get the "spot light" on them
#3 Perhaps those who have been in the Bujinkan for a long time have realized that what they thought they knew about different subjects shows to be inaccurate as more information becomes available from reliable sources.

Any other thoughts? / Skuggvarg

Posted on: 2010/2/23 21:39

Cant Stay Offline
From Pennsylvania, USA
Group:
Syd, the person running the site is the gent who has produced my DVD's and while he has "his own system" there are others within the Bujinkan that also have had that, like Glen Morris, remember him? I do know Peter and he has been studying with me for quite some time, he has learned a lot and does a great service with his computer skills, so YES I DO KNOW HIM, and consider him a friend.

Posted on: 2010/2/23 22:33

Occasional Visitor
From Stockport
Group:
Quote:

What in the name of all that is holy is wrong with these people?! It looks like they're re-enacting an Ashida Kim training video.

Posted on: 2010/2/23 22:44

Cant Stay Offline
From Pennsylvania, USA
Group:
I probably am one of the few of the higher ranked people who still post. You want to know why so many don't? There is so much crap thrown at them when they try to aid others with their experience by people who really have only a keyboard and very little knowledge/experience. There rarely is respect shown on these forums that would be appropriate to what they have achieved. I am retired and continue on with ninjutsu, specifically the Bujinkan because I generally like the people in it that I meet and I meet a whole lot in my travels. On such boards so much discourtesy exists and many of us just don't have time or energy to waste on those who are keyboard warriors. I think that is why so many have stopped posting. I continue on because I will not abandom the field to such people when there are still those who honestly are seeking.

Posted on: 2010/2/23 22:44

(1) 2 3 »

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor