村長 :: Sonchou
From Brussels
Group:
村民 :: Villager
議長 :: Mod
村長 :: Admin
Quote:

kouryuu wrote:
Thanks for that response - it's quite informative for this topic, I think.

Quote:
I think Shawn has done a good thing keeping kutaki going and it still has a place. It is a lot quieter but than that can also be looked upon as a good thing.

Thanks for that comment - much appreciated. Yes, quiet lately, but like you said... not always a bad thing.

Shawn

Where is the "I like this" button? Don't find it anywhere.

Cheers,

Jan

Posted on: 2010/2/28 19:13

‘It is only when the eyes and the brain get exhausted that there are no lies and you can get the truth’ Thomas Hirschhorn
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Changing Tide?
Just Passing Through
From California
Group:
村民 :: Villager
"by Papa-san on 2010/2/23 5:44:57

I probably am one of the few of the higher ranked people who still post. You want to know why so many don't? There is so much crap thrown at them when they try to aid others with their experience by people who really have only a keyboard and very little knowledge/experience. There rarely is respect shown on these forums that would be appropriate to what they have achieved. I am retired and continue on with ninjutsu, specifically the Bujinkan because I generally like the people in it that I meet and I meet a whole lot in my travels. On such boards so much discourtesy exists and many of us just don't have time or energy to waste on those who are keyboard warriors. I think that is why so many have stopped posting. I continue on because I will not abandom the field to such people when there are still those who honestly are seeking."

For this, Papa-san, you have my respect.

Unfortunately in the days of the internet we are surely cursed and blessed simultaneously.
with the vast amount of data available to us now, it is imperative that we not only think critically on the data we receive to judge whether it be true or false,
but also that there are those still willing to stick their necks out in order to provide us with the accurate information we long for.

So to all of you who provide us with what you can of the true teachings, we are eternally grateful. There will always be those that wish to learn.

Posted on: 2010/3/15 19:03
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

« 1 2 (3)

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor