Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8) 9 »

Re: Ninjutsu Website That is Pretty Cool
Frequent Visitor
From Loveland, CO
Group:
村民 :: Villager
Quote:
Thank you Mr Gambatte. It is clear that you're very intelligent and wise in your years. You also have a large degree of tact and respect, and I welcome you to talk to me anytime. After reading your two posts, I not only agreed with 95% of what you said, I also have a deeper sense of respect for your insights.
I had also considered learning to read and write Japanese...and I have several books on those very subjects.

I hope that you take my advice to heart and while I understand that you're eager to share, I would think it would be alot more satisfying to share something you yourself took part in.

Quote:
also....I have way too much content (Still to upload) and too many necessary features for a blog to handle.
You've obviously looked through the website and found some things to be of informative value....and I'm sure that you've seen things that you think is ridiculous...so join if you already haven't and help me to make the site better....I am always willing to edit and improve to maintain accuracy.
As for the Hollywood Ninja...They have some good ideas that can be adapted...that's all. My website revolves more around actual skills that can be adapted to ninja. Like US Military, Private Detective, ect...

I think there's a misunderstanding, I don't condone putting many of the kinds of things that you have on your site out for general consumption. Nearly everything on the site is dangerous enough to get you killed or at the very least arrested. Also, having served in the US Navy, I'm more than a little unnerved by this page...

http://ninjainformationdatabase.webs.com/hensojutsu.htm

I find it difficult to surmise how someone who served as a U.S. Army Ranger would be so helpful in showing anyone who can read how to infiltrate our armed forces. People's lives, real people stand to be negatively affected by this, people you count yourself among. Seriously, I should hope to god that the Dept. of Homeland Security doesn't happen across your site as much of the info on there could be construed as "domestic terrorism".

I wanted to be helpful and encouraging in the hopes that you would begin to take your infatuation(negative and unhealthy) and turn it into a passion(positive and healthy), but it seems like you really just want to sell people your website. Here's a tip, people on the internet don't like to pay for things. Especially when those things don't really amount to anything but already free and publicly available material.

Good luck with your website and I hope you don't get arrested!

BTW "Gambatte" is a Japanese word that means something like "keep at it!" or "keep going/trying", it isn't my name.

Posted on: 2010/3/29 16:11
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Honorary Villager
From Southeastern Massachusetts
Group:
No misunderstanding.
And I wish I was Army Ranger...I was Airborne/Air Assault. As for my Hensojutsu page...I agree...and I can take down the "Uniforms" But in all honesty...we have better security than to let a fat sword wielding kid wearing the uniform improperly on our military bases. Besides...an active duty person can use my website as a means to identify them, and beef up security.
I'm charging the small fee so NOT EVERYONE can access certain info...even then I have my Kayakujutsu page blocked off with a master password...
People won't pay for it and like things for free....then again people don't need some of this information period. Which is it....I tyhought I found a healthy meduim in this area.
And I consider my website thing to be a somewhat healthy outlet for my skills and energy. Instead of me going out there and getting in trouble with this info...I'm putting a warning on it, and sharing the ideas. ...What would you suggest I do with my time and energy?

I would also like to hear more criticism about the "Unnerving" content on my website...what should definitely go?

Posted on: 2010/3/29 22:05

Village Old Timer
Group:
議長 :: Mod
You're charging people to access information on a site which has little to do with "ninjutsu" proper? You have admitted you have little to no training in any school that teaches "ninjutsu" but you will charge people for the information?

How much fact checking have you done with scholars and how much have you cut and paste and thrown on your site? Seriously why are you doing this as a project? It doesn't help anyone, it hurts them instead.

I have a question when did the MOS for Biological and Chemical start for Air Borne 101 Air assault?

I don't think your project is worth while for you or anyone, you have to have better hobbies than Internet archieving useless information about the Ninja?

Posted on: 2010/3/29 23:05

Honorary Villager
Group:
I have a question when did the MOS for Biological and Chemical start for Air Borne 101 Air assault?
What are you asking me? My MOS (NBC)schooling was in Ft. Leonardwood MO but they moved the Chemical school from Ft McLellan, AL.
In Ft Campbell...(101st) that was just a duty station, and there I went to Air Assault School and an advanced NBC course...and an advanced radio Comm course.

Now...I've stated before that When I originally had the idea for this website, I was under the impression that authentic Ninja info didn't exist, other than going to Japan. Only after posting in some of the forums, did I learn about Bujinkan.
So I basically took information that could be adapted to "Ninja"....by breaking down the individual disciplines into their real world alternatives...er...military, spec ops, ect.
Now several people absolutely LOVE my website and what I'm doing with it. And I know there are going to be more.
And my info is very accurate...otherwise, if I find it to be false...I delete it or correct it.

Posted on: 2010/3/30 4:46

Active Kutakian
From Redmond, Washington
Group:
After loosely following 70+ posts and checking out the website with as open a mind as I could generate, color me skeptical on just about everything.

Gabriel, it's a free country so build the site to your heart's content. But until you get some years of consistent training at a dojo run by a recognized teacher, to me you're just a LARPer, pure and simple.

I'm bailing on this thread.

Posted on: 2010/3/30 15:22

Honorary Villager
Group:
Ya know what...I'm leaving this thread too.
I already said I'm getting my butt in a dojo...and LARPer or not, I know what I'm talking about when I post content on my website...whether or not it's "Authentic Historical, Bujinkan, Ninpo, learned material, I did live and learn a lot of it in the military. My information is "modern ninja" information...and Once I get the "Authentic Historical, Bujinkan, Ninpo, ect...then I will put that info up on my website too...I was just hoping others would like to converse, chat, network, on a common ground, instead of everyone bickering over the small diferences in the way they were taught.
Constant abuse, and verbal bashing each other because one person claims koga and another claims bujunkan...
With the "TRUE" information put out there, gathered in one place, from all sources...then maybe people can start to help each other learn instead of hindering them further.
If anyone wants to they can join the NID...if not...I don't care, it's actually YOUR loss. Because it's just starting out now...but it's going to be fu$%ing HUGE.
Thanx for all the info, criticism, and a$$holish comments...I learned something from all of them.
~POOF~
Ninja Vanish

Posted on: 2010/3/31 5:55

Honorary Villager
From Houston, Texas
Group:
While looking at your site you said cats make a good weapon with 20 claws coming at the opponent. Cats dont have 20 claws.
Mark Harper
Bujinkan Houston Dojo

Posted on: 2010/4/6 2:30

Honorary Villager
Group:
Some, like my cat, have 20, known as polydactyl cats, mitten or thumb cats or Hemingway cats. They have a sixth claw on each front foot.

Posted on: 2010/4/15 5:37

Honorary Villager
From Houston, Texas
Group:
I know, my brother had one with 7 on each front foot. It looked like it had on baseball mits. However they are rare and found in Florida hence (Hemingway cats). He went down and got a secone cause he liked them so much.

Mark Harper
Bujinkan Houston Dojo

Posted on: 2010/4/15 8:35

Village Old Timer
Group:
議長 :: Mod
Gabriel,

I find it funny that people call certain things abuse when someone disagrees with them or does something they don't like. Like telling people or suggesting that what they are doing is wrong and a complete waste of time. In making and maintaining your site the the internet just lost a few IQ points. And, I'm sorry but the internet needs all the IQ points it can get.

Well anyway, good luck? I wish you the best of luck bilking people out of money.

But, I hope I don't see anything I hope you don't have copy-righten stuff on your site for sale as a subscription or for download or for viewing or published on your site without having proper licensing for it. This includes pictures and videos you have on your site that require proper licensing to publish there.

I haven't even checked your site, beyond that one time, but I'll get around to checking it again...

Posted on: 2010/4/15 17:47

« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8) 9 »

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor