schistkicker

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 6 7 8 (9)

Re: Ninjutsu Website That is Pretty Cool
Frequent Visitor
From Lake Station, Indiana USA
Group:
村民 :: Villager
Hey guys long time no see I severed all ties to Ninja Information Database and now are working with a Togakure Ryu Ninjutsu practitioner with developing a site of our own that is solely about the skills used by the ninja. We welcome all practitioners of all styles and even if they are not part of the ninja arts to help out with the site as well. If you guys are wondering the site owner (which isn't me by the way) is still practicing Togakure Ryu Ninjutsu and is looking to advance his ranks in the style as well but he also welcomes other ryuha's to help contribute to the site. The link is at the bottom of this message we hope to see some of you there especially my friend who is studying Togakure Ryu Ninjutsu.

http://thirdworldninja.webs.com/

Posted on: 2011/1/10 16:52
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Village Old Timer
From Dayton, Ohio
Group:
Once again,

Why do you train? Why would a person studying "Togakure Ryu Ninjutsu" be posting anything on the WWW? Isn't a secret society supposed to be secret?

Perhaps you secretly desire fame?

Marty

Posted on: 2011/1/10 23:43

Active Kutakian
From Redmond, Washington
Group:
During the Renaissance, if you considered yourself to be a serious painter, you tried to go to Florence at least once in your life or you collaborated with someone who did. It didn't mean that you had to be Italian to be an artist. But you at least needed to go there once if you intended to place your skill on par with some of the best. Ditto for the Industrial Revolution. You went to Manchester or other English towns to grasp the principles from the source---and then perhaps apply them to your individual situation or country.

Today, if you're a serious technologist who has world-class ambitions, you at least need to have some connection to Silicon Valley even if you don't live there. Same principles apply for media with New York, LA, or London. Paris/Milan/ Tokyo/New York are the meccas for fashion. Funny thing is that in those places, you find every skin hue of the rainbow, every language, every educational or economic situation imaginable because people who take their art/skill seriously seek out their peers. They actively seek out where there are hot spots of top practitioners. These places don't demand you live there permanently. But if you're ever going to test yourself outside of a comfortable village existence, at least once in your life, you got to lay your cards down where the big dogs play.

My point is this. You're claiming knowledge of Togakure Ninjutsu. When are you going to Noda? Physically, as in traveling there. Or with whom do you study who has a direct connection there? Just like Florence and all those other places, the people who are serious enough to commit years of training in Ninjutsu and the OTHER ryu-ha eventually find their way to Japan. You don’t need to be a Japanese to grasp a few of the principles. But you’ll never get there if you spend all your time in US state parks. And don't plead poverty please. There are plenty of budoka who have made the journey on a shoe string.

You obviously have the guts to upload yourself skulking about in the bushes on YouTube. You call yourself Shinobi. Fair enough. It's a free country. But if you have any sliver of desire to be taken the least bit seriously, then go to Japan and train. Period. No caveats.

ANYBODY can build a website. But people who are the real deal will make the journey come hell or high water.

Posted on: 2011/1/11 3:40

Cant Stay Offline
From Sacramento, CA (USA)
Group:
村長 :: Admin
議長 :: Mod
Quote:

jgaunttWA wrote:
You obviously have the guts to upload yourself skulking about in the bushes on YouTube. You call yourself Shinobi. Fair enough. It's a free country. But if you have any sliver of desire to be taken the least bit seriously, then go to Japan and train. Period. No caveats.

ANYBODY can build a website. But people who are the real deal will make the journey come hell or high water.

Funny thing is that those who have the dedication to start training with the right people, go to Japan and build the connection tend to move away from the whole "ninja" thing. Of course, there are exceptions...

Posted on: 2011/1/11 14:29

I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, or in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. ~ Thomas Jefferson

Active Kutakian
From Redmond, Washington
Group:
Agreed Darren.

My wife of 20yrs is Japanese and can dish out ironic comments (now there's a package!). Early in our marriage, when I donned all of my regalia (black gi, kyahan, tekko, no cowl fortunately) she told me in no uncertain terms that I had no right to EVER snicker at the Japanese Elvis impersonators.

She had a point....

Posted on: 2011/1/11 14:50

Cant Stay Offline
From Sacramento, CA (USA)
Group:
村長 :: Admin
議長 :: Mod
Quote:

jgaunttWA wrote:
Agreed Darren.

My wife of 20yrs is Japanese and can dish out ironic comments (now there's a package!). Early in our marriage, when I donned all of my regalia (black gi, kyahan, tekko, no cowl fortunately) she told me in no uncertain terms that I had no right to EVER snicker at the Japanese Elvis impersonators.

She had a point....

Now THAT is worth watching! Seriously, it seems to me that quite a lot of people with good intentions have put together many databases and such over the decades. How many different versions of the Tenchijin Ryaku no Maki are there now? The catch is that, like electronics, once it's made, it's already obsolete. You can't 'snapshot' this art. Like Soke, it just keeps moving too fast to keep up with.

Best for anybody is to find that one legitimate Bujinkan teacher and just 'shut up and train'. With so many available now, it's not hard. Heck, it would take more time to put together any database than it would to just find a teacher and go train.

Posted on: 2011/1/12 1:49

I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, or in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. ~ Thomas Jefferson

« 1 ... 6 7 8 (9)

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor