Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 6 7 8 (9)

Re: Kenjutsu vs. Ono-ha Itto Ryu
Permanent Village Fixture
Group:
村民 :: Villager
Thanks Gorang,

You too.

Kacem describes the writing of the Togakure ryu densho, the specific script and style of writing etc he says its 100% an edo period scroll. Edo!? Eeh, Nani?

Have you read?

"THE NINJA ANCIENT SHADOW WARRIORS OF JAPAN"

Check it out! Or just ask Kacem. It comes from Ishitani. Either Kuki or Gikan. Take your pick. I'm going with Kuki.

Posted on: 2010/5/11 20:57

Kutaki Postmaster
From UK
Group:
Wouldn't Edo indicate that, at the very least, there was no way Takamatsu sensei could have developed the ryu-ha?

Posted on: 2010/5/11 22:00
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Active Kutakian
From Redmond, Washington
Group:
Seems like we've constructed a very elegant tomb out of the facts. It's impressive, marbled, well documented----and rather dead if you ask me. I'm not debating the value of well organized history. Kacem has done a great service for which I will thank him at the next seminar.

But this isn't about scholarship is it? Its about quoting scholarship to mark territory. Most likely its factually correct-----and about as useful as tits on a bull when employed in this context.

Posted on: 2010/5/12 13:20

Permanent Village Fixture
Group:
Quote:
Wouldn't Edo indicate that, at the very least, there was no way Takamatsu sensei could have developed the ryu-ha?

Kacem has already said in his interview that it was written by Takamatsu. He was educated in that way of writing during his youth.

I never said the info came from his head but they were taken from other schools and repackage like he has done with the other schools in his possession.

It astounds me how despite Takamatsu's track record with the Kuki, Takagi and Shinden schools that he would never create a Ninjutsu school from various sources of material he had in his possession.

That is what people want to overlook. Kacem has said all the text he saw of the nine schools were written by Takamatsu or Ishitani.

I rhink Ishitani was the main source of his Ninjutsu material. His gandfather may have taught him espionage work. He put the two together. With his classical education gave him the understanding of whitewashing what was necessary.

Posted on: 2010/5/12 23:33

Cant Stay Offline
From Hamina, Finland
Group:
議長 :: Mod
師導士会 :: Shidoshikai
Quote:

jwills79 wrote:
Quote:

Kacem has already said in his interview that it was written by Takamatsu.

Are you referring to:

"First of all, the densho and makimono were not written by Hatsumi sensei, these are densho and makimono that were written by Takamatsu sensei. Among the densho that
Hatsumi sensei received from Takamatsu sensei we find the writing of Ishitani sensei who was one of Takamatsu sensei’s three masters. There is perhaps also the writing of
Toda sensei, Takamatsu sensei’s grandfather, who transmitted seven schools to him, but I no longer remember all of the writing that I saw."

http://www.bujinkan.co.nz/Articles/KacemITV/page16.html

Posted on: 2010/5/13 7:54
(Bujinkan Budōka since 1985)

« 1 ... 6 7 8 (9)

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor