Socialize

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

How many traditions?
Frequent Visitor
From Dallas , Ga
Group:
村民 :: Villager
How many traditions our there? I know Hatsumi sensei teaches 9. But I want to know how many there our and where are they listed. All the books I have from Hatsumi, Hayes, Malmstrom, Hoban, Morris they do not tell them all and I would like to know what they our? Any help would be appreciated

Posted on: 2010/4/29 8:44
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: How many traditions?
Cant Stay Offline
From Hamina, Finland
Group:
議長 :: Mod
師導士会 :: Shidoshikai
Well, the traditions are listed on the Honbu membership card.

Posted on: 2010/4/29 14:55
(Bujinkan Budōka since 1985)

Frequent Visitor
From Dallas , Ga
Group:
I am not a member of the hombu Dojo. Question I would like to ask is why is it that every time someone asks a question we get the run around. These are legitimate question’s that are in the right area of the forums. So please do not insult me with your arrogance. If you do not want to answer the question then leave it blank.

The question still stands!!! How many?

The budo ryu Ninjitsu teaches 7.so it says!
Tenjin Ryu Jujutsu
Eishin Ryu Iaijutsu
Tomo Ryu Ninjutsu
koto Ryu Koppojutsu
Togakure Ryu Ninjutsu
Gyokko Ryu Kosshijutsu
Koka Ryu Dakentaijtusu

The bujinkan teaches 9
Togakure ryu
Gyokko ryu
koto ryu
Takagi yoshin ryu
Kukishinden ryu
Shinden fudo ryu
Gikan ryu
Kumaogakure ryu
Gyokushin ryu

As you can see there are 3 that both schools teach that our the same, She claims the other 4 our schools of ninjitsu as well, our they?

Do not get me wrong, I think she has much skill as what I can see thru the videos. But as far as what she teaches and what she says I am confused as to, our they legitimate tradition's of the ninjitsu?

Please no smart but remarks just honest answers please

MSG.Jeff Carr (ret)

Posted on: 2010/4/30 2:03

Cant Stay Offline
From Hamina, Finland
Group:
議長 :: Mod
師導士会 :: Shidoshikai
My apologies, but you already seem to have the answer (9).

Keep on going.

Posted on: 2010/4/30 2:58
(Bujinkan Budōka since 1985)

Village Old Timer
From Dayton, Ohio
Group:
Quote:

cowboy6 wrote:
Question I would like to ask is why is it that every time someone asks a question we get the run around.

Sometimes this "run around" you name is actually an attempt to find out what exactly it is that you really want to know.

Quote:
These are legitimate question’s that are in the right area of the forums. So please do not insult me with your arrogance.

The question of legitimacy is in the eye of the beholder. Take for instance the schools you mention.....

Quote:
The budo ryu Ninjitsu teaches 7.......The bujinkan teaches 9

You should ask yourself what is the documentation of the "history" of the schools. There is another thread on this forum were they cannot agree on the real history of the Bujinkan. As we have stated before, Written documentation of a secret society doing socially taboo tasks and having forbidden teachings in any society are always suspect. In Japan where much of the historical documentation was destroyed during the war, and previously conveniently altered for "society's" sake, written history requires some measure of faith.
The mentioned "budo ryu" is a markedly more modern creation. An obvious adaptation by someone who felt they were unable to find what they wanted in the Bujinkan. I always find it funny when people say they can't train the way they want in the Bujinkan. We have always been able to explore options in our Dojo. Interesting how after we go and play in other areas, we always come back to what Soke is teaching as much more important and pertinant.

Quote:
As you can see there are 3 that both schools teach that our the same, She claims the other 4 our schools of ninjitsu as well, our they?

She?....Consider the previous answer.

Quote:
Do not get me wrong, I think she has much skill as what I can see thru the videos. But as far as what she teaches and what she says I am confused as to, our they legitimate tradition's of the ninjitsu?

There is certainly a lot to see in the videos! The answer is that at best they are artifically revived extinct schools, but most likely they are convenient fabrications.

Marty

Posted on: 2010/4/30 3:07

Occasional Visitor
Group:
Dear cowboy6.

Your first post and the question - "How many traditions our there?" (I assume you mean ARE not OUR) indicates that you want to know the amount of classical japanese martial art schools in existence today. If you are interested in that, there are a few books that have tried to list them all in one place - like the Bugei Ryûha Daijiten - but as you understand it is a difficult and nearly impossible task as some schools may still be kept secret etc.

As for your second question, you compare the nine ryûha of the Bujinkan to what Miss Christa Jacobson claims to teach and know. Kotô Ryû, Gyokko Ryû and Togakure Ryû she has gotten from the Bujinkan but has no separate Menkyo in, and has thus no right to teach in a different system ("Budô Ryû).

Posted on: 2010/4/30 22:40

Frequent Visitor
From Dallas , Ga
Group:
Sorry if I was not clear, I am a 8kyu green so I am still learning what all the traditions still mean and are. I am not looking for a particular RYUHA to study. I am however looking for Ninjitsu specific ryuha that our taught now that may have been taught then.

I know that Hatsumi sensei is the real deal. So when someone shows up on my radar claiming one thing and then when I talk with her and she say’s I am being brain washed by the bujinkan. Well that makes me want to go ask questions. As I think it would anyone.
I have looked at alot of here material over and over and still looking as we speak and have gone as far as gotten one issue of here so called magazine. There are some interesting articles in there. But I question some of them as to be fact or fiction.

I know there is enough experience and good leadership on this board that could help me find the answers I am looking for. So that is why I am asking on this forum. Any input being positive is nice to have about my journey and any help is much appreciated. I am like a sponge, I can not get enough info to take in. I am always looking for new information and new ways to train and people to train with and help me along my journey.
Thanks
Jeff C

Posted on: 2010/5/1 0:29

Kutaki Postmaster
From UK
Group:
Then take in that Chris(ta) Jacobson is a fraud.

Posted on: 2010/5/1 0:46

Frequent Visitor
From Dallas , Ga
Group:
I hear that, just needed some advice on it!!.

Posted on: 2010/5/1 0:59

Occasional Visitor
From Vancouver, WA
Group:
Quote:

cowboy6 wrote:
I know that Hatsumi sensei is the real deal. So when someone shows up on my radar claiming one thing and then when I talk with her and she say’s I am being brain washed by the bujinkan. Well that makes me want to go ask questions. As I think it would anyone.
The way I look at it is this. If I know that Soke Hatsumi is the real deal then I don't care what everyone else is doing. Let them do what they want. If I lived 40 minutes from the Atlanta Bujinkan Dojo I think that would be my main resource for information. source.http://georgiabujinkan.net/index.html I am sure Mr.Wilkinson can answer any questions you have.

Posted on: 2010/5/1 12:39

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor