« 1 ... 10 11 12 (13)

Re: Ranking
Cant Stay Offline
From Hamina, Finland
Group:
村民 :: Villager
議長 :: Mod
師導士会 :: Shidoshikai
Different teachers might have differing criteria for ranking. Natural, I suppose. So one needs to find a teacher whose values* match one's own.

* pun unintended :)

Posted on: 2010/8/10 16:58
(Bujinkan Budōka since 1985)
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Cant Stay Offline
From Sacramento, CA (USA)
Group:
村長 :: Admin
議長 :: Mod
Ari is absolutely correct. I'd evaluate from the top (shidoshi) on down and look for the common traits in the areas of personality, technical ability and connection to Soke/training with their teacher. Every shidoshi will have a unique combination of the three, with varying degrees of emphasis reflected in how they run their classes.

I've always believed in the saying "birds of a feather flock together". The inner cluster of senior students will reflect exactly how the shidoshi runs his/her training. The dan ranks reflect just what one can expect after a few years training. If it's what you want out of your investment, then sign on and train. If not, then go elsewhere.

You can't make apples out of oranges. If you want apples, find an apple tree.

Posted on: 2010/8/11 0:47

I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, or in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. ~ Thomas Jefferson

Permanent Village Fixture
Group:
Quote:
Ari is absolutely correct. I'd evaluate from the top (shidoshi) on down and look for the common traits in the areas of personality, technical ability and connection to Soke/training with their teacher. Every shidoshi will have a unique combination of the three, with varying degrees of emphasis reflected in how they run their classes.

This is true Darren, and just to piggy back on that, the higher you get the more you are exptected to reflect those values and skills... if you don't well "action speaks louder then words"

Posted on: 2010/8/11 2:39
七転び八起き

« 1 ... 10 11 12 (13)

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor