Re: Elderly Tourist Held for 10 Days for Pocket Knife
Cant Stay Offline
From Sacramento, CA (USA)
Group:
村民 :: Villager
村長 :: Admin
議長 :: Mod
I personally prefer the spork...

Seriously, as far as the school girl stabbing the other, this is a sad example of just how much growing moral decay there is in the basic respect for life. Having been involved in public school over here for over 10yrs, I can see this change happening in our U.S. kids. It does seem to start about late elementary, but definitely middle school seems to be where the real decline happens. I don't know the ages for when kids in Japan go from elementary/middle to high school, but I think the same challenges are there for these kids. It's a very confusing time in their lives and it is easy for them to become lost without any sort of strong moral foundation or direction. When society glorifies senseless, grotesque violence and more and more of it permeates younger and younger audiences, it's only natural kids become more prone to act violently. The fantasy of it all takes away the human reality.

As far as Japanese laws/procedures, I think there is a real social struggle going on and it's unfortunate that racial bias is so prevelant when the real problems exist right in front of their eyes. But, government can't fix everything and it has to come down to personal responsibility. What are they going to do now, banish all knives and stores will now have to carry pre-sliced food?

Posted on: 2010/8/18 1:07

I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, or in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. ~ Thomas Jefferson
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Elderly Tourist Held for 10 Days for Pocket Knife
Village Old Timer
From Dayton, Ohio
Group:
村民 :: Villager
Quote:

Darren wrote:
Seriously, as far as the school girl stabbing the other, this is a sad example of just how much growing moral decay there is in the basic respect for life. Having been involved in public school over here for over 10yrs, I can see this change happening in our U.S. kids. It does seem to start about late elementary, but definitely middle school seems to be where the real decline happens.

VIDEO GAMES!!!!!!

Marty

Posted on: 2010/8/18 8:06
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor